Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Just some whispers around the club

- tupou’s management asking for a player option 3rd year, he also wants to make a move to the centers in the coming years, canberra not a real
option

- noffa has been offered to parra / canberra / melbourne / dolphins, i wouldn’t say there is no interest, but canberra might be our only hope, we would be paying considerable freight
This would be a win, win, win for me!!
I’d sign Tupou for 4 years.
He’s only young still and I believe he’d be a gun centre in a year or two.
I’d be happy to pay $250-300k to move Nofo on at this point in his career too.
🙏🏼🤞🏼👏🏼

- tupou’s management asking for a player option 3rd year, he also wants to make a move to the centers in the coming years, canberra not a real
option

- noffa has been offered to parra / canberra / melbourne / dolphins, i wouldn’t say there is no interest, but canberra might be our only hope, we would be paying considerable freight
Good news re Tupou.
The lad has potential. Wing or centre the guy has speed.
Really puts his body on the line
Hoping he has a breakout season
Since Reggies, then promoted to firsts, is a standout
Don't want to see him in any other club colours

The sooner the Tigers finally cut ties with Nofo the better.

If you can't run in a straight line, take your jersey off.

If true it's not his fault. This is all on the guys who got their panties in a twist and if the players tanked that is terrible on them.
Yeah and if true.... I've only seen stuff on here about fton and any media about him has obviously been sourced from here.... If true it's hardly surprising given fedora went behind the coaches back to sign him while punting sheens mate Macca
Sure fire way to ensure shit hits ceiling fan

Agree, we'd be better off paying someone $250k just not to have him in the squad. Not the mentor I'd want for the younger players
Extending Nofo for a further 4 years back in 2021 was a big mistake the club took on board.
Nofo is 30, soon considering the road to retirement, not looking for a new contract in NRL
He doesn't have the speed of a winger, nor a first grader in general.
Trying to shop him around when his contract expires 2025, maybe a move to SL .. ?

Mate,
That Bloke thinks he's the best Winger on the Planet....
(I can't wait to see who's fault it is next year when he gets dropped again)
I feel, That's part of the reason he still makes the same stupid mistakes year on year
(Insert shuddering image of him trying to defend while skipping backwards all ends up)

He'd never swallow a SL demotion...
He's in desperate need of a reality check - Maybe the lack of real options or the
Tigers paying a bucketload of money for him to play against them will do it
(Doubtful though)

I have zero doubts Benji will drop him if we have better options. The fact they are looking to move him on whilst paying freight is good news. Just need a club dumber than us to grab him.

(Insert shuddering image of him trying to defend while skipping backwards all ends up)

or rushing up out of the line when confronted with an overlap trying to knock the ball down …and either missing or gifting the opposition a repeat set

unlike the bloke we were talking about yesterday though… he has had a reasonable career and is also the clubs leading try scorer …probably one of the “legends” in Wests Tigers rather modest history…

It’s a bit of a shame that it is likely to end in either a transfer elsewhere, NSW Cup or early release …

How does lobb go
Is he good under the high ball
No nothing about Lobb and being a reserve grade winger from a bog average club is a worry, but apparently he is tall and good under the high ball, so that ticks a box. I also think I read he is a very handy goal kicker and that is something we badly need. We can’t expect API to be our number one kicker

While the Dragons have not been going well, the Illawarra juniors are always strong. Lobb was also the NSW Cup player of the year for the Dragons. The clip below is a good indicator this young man has his game together, on and off the field.

Not sure how long Pole is locked in for but if it was me it would be for at least 4 years , he is going to be an absolute gun , lock him up big time , seems to be really enjoying footy , that’s when we should strike up a solid contract , not sure his worth in dollars but would love to hear what other think if he was ready to sign a deal for 3 or 4 years , me I’m in at $ 550 x 2 years then $ 600 , then $ 700 k.
Contracts mean nothing - how many times do we see players get moved on or move on of their own accord. Pl

The facts are Manlys list of star recruits under Fulton are Aaron Woods & Kelma Tuilagi LOL
I'm impartial on Fulton thus far, but if you are going to have a go at a bloke's character and competency at least get your facts right and don't lie.

Woods was signed by Manly in the swap deal after Fulton departed Manly. To suggest he played a part in Manly signing Woods is defaming the bloke.

Back