Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Seems awfully premature to be talking strategical appointments on the first day of pre season training. If that happened, which is unlikely, then it’s a huge error of judgement.
Everything else you wrote is probably close to the mark as we’ve seen the club try and shop him around for a while now.

Lobb started training a few weeks back when the kids started.

Most players would have an idea where they stand from the start. I very much doubt Benji hasn’t had a few conversations with Nofa around expectations & what he needs from him.
As a new coach & not a friend - being honest with the team I have zero issues with him telling Nofa that he isn’t guaranteed a 1st grade starting spot - based on form he shouldn’t be either especially with us retaining Staines.

Olam has been told he isn’t viewed a starter at the Storm & hasn’t attended Storm training either.

Actions v words - senior winger dropped under Maguire or Sheens? He was also sent to the Storm. His words on his Storm tenure are at the link. Now this article yesterday. I am a Nofoaluma supporter and it may be as simple as the club expecting high standards from a winger who is on a huge deal? Being on a big contract comes with expectations.

Don’t forget Cleary started Thompson and Maliki for the first half of a season over Nofaloma

Tigers winger David Nofoaluma has claimed he is “not a reserve grade player” after being dropped by Michael Maguire.
I can't defend Nofa. I have my theories about him based on history at the club and rightly or wrongly I support the club to be doing their best to part ways as swiftly as possible.

I saw Noffa play in that U21 grand final we won under Todd Payten's coaching a few years back. He was on one wing wih Marika Korobiete on the other. Opponents were Mounties/Canberra. Noffa was terrific that day. It's really sad to see where his relationship with the club has apparently now reached.

I’m glad it’s been leaked. It shows that Benji is trying to bring the club standards and those who don’t want to buy in are being named and shamed. Much like Raymond Fatala Mariner at the Dogs. They can play tiddly winks. No different to any work place. If you’re not the right fit, then you don’t belong. I’ve worked with too many oxygen thieves in my life and they always get found out in the end. I’m all for it.
Fair enough….as long as it is true.

Nofa has form being dropped. Both Cleary and Madge dropped him for poor training. If he has come back to pre season under done , own it and train your arse off. If he has complained to Rlpa because of the training he needs to go.
Yes. If that’s the reason alone.

Lobb started training a few weeks back when the kids started.

Most players would have an idea where they stand from the start. I very much doubt Benji hasn’t had a few conversations with Nofa around expectations & what he needs from him.
As a new coach & not a friend - being honest with the team I have zero issues with him telling Nofa that he isn’t guaranteed a 1st grade starting spot - based on form he shouldn’t be either especially with us retaining Staines.

Olam has been told he isn’t viewed a starter at the Storm & hasn’t attended Storm training either.
Pre season is all about the group working together to improve strength, fitness, speed etc whilst forming bonds and camaraderie. Conversations about how you’ll be used in 5 months time doesn’t happen on day 1. Everyone is a chance and those that impress during this time usually receive favourable outcomes. While you are training together, you are also being judged solely.

If you are able, get onto Magpies Facebook page and watch the SG Ball try with 1.5 mill views.

Sam Fainu, Tumeth, Kepaoa & maybe Fa'agutu & Lualili'i might be the likely options to fight for the 3rd edge forward role.

Wouldn't surprise me if Seyfarth factors into that equation as well.
3 of the 5 mentioned there are slower than a wet week. God help us if they are on the edge.

Wakeham embarrassed Fainu defensively last year

3 of the 5 mentioned there are slower than a wet week. God help us if they are on the edge.

Wakeham embarrassed Fainu defensively last year
I think his future’s in the middle too, but he was always gonna struggle defensively in the centres in the game you’re referencing.

Only played there through an injury mid-game and will likely never play there again.

But many players come back to pre season a bit overweight and not at peak fitness (several at. Other clubs in the media)
It's either all starting in reggies for that, otherwise this is the unfairness he is talking about
But Ink he's our leading try scorer and a senior figure I'd be expecting him to lead by example, the lee way I'd give a player who has 2 seasons under his belt I wouldn't extend to Nofa, he is a veteran and should know better by now.

When you're 30 and come back to pre season underdone and out of shape, you might as well write 2024 off for this player, it'll take that long for his body to get back to peak fitness. It also shows so much disrespect to the Club and a new Coach.
Not to mention the disrespect to the fans. Make him an example that this club won’t be driven by player egos

At his best, Noffa is a pretty good winger. But as others have said, as a senior player - the most experienced in the entire squad - you would be hoping for him to set an example for others to follow. Clearly, that's not the case here. Reportedly, he has returned to training less fit than others in the squad. This shows his attitude is all wrong.
Hopefully Benji can get the guy focused on what he needs to do. Otherwise, it looks like a long season in the Maggies jumper.
It's a real shame.

I am a Noffa supporter - to an extent. There are two things though that don’t sit well with me.

1- We are perennial click bait for the media and any Tigers story sort has some “mayo” on top for the sake of dramatic effect. The truth tends to be somewhere in the middle.

2 - If the story is true regarding being informed that he will start in NSW Cup is true, then that isn’t great man management. Perhaps the message should have been no-one is guaranteed anything and your performance will determine where you start. Challenge him to do better rather than sentence him.

Latest posts

Members online

Back