Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Pre season is all about the group working together to improve strength, fitness, speed etc whilst forming bonds and camaraderie. Conversations about how you’ll be used in 5 months time doesn’t happen on day 1. Everyone is a chance and those that impress during this time usually receive favourable outcomes. While you are training together, you are also being judged solely.
How do you know Marshall has not had conversations with senior players about expectations when they turn up for pre-season training?

2 - If the story is true regarding being informed that he will start in NSW Cup is true, then that isn’t great man management. Perhaps the message should have been no-one is guaranteed anything and your performance will determine where you start. Challenge him to do better rather than sentence him.
I’m prepared to call BS on this. No player would be told in November/December that they will start the following season in reserve grade. I give our club some benefit of the doubt that they aren’t that far gone.

I’m prepared to call BS on this. No player would be told in November/December that they will start the following season in reserve grade. I give our club some benefit of the doubt that they aren’t that far gone.
Yep, at best he might’ve been told ya no guarantee to start NRL everyone has a shot.
That includes you fatty Nof. 😁

Sullivan straight up said Benji told the halves they have to earn their positions.

Granted, that isn't "you'll be swatting in reserve grade" but it's pretty clear what that statement means.

Nofo was probably informed of the same statement.
No guarantees

Sullivan straight up said Benji told the halves they have to earn their positions.

Granted, that isn't "you'll be swatting in reserve grade" but it's pretty clear what that statement means.

No guarantees
That’s vastly different. That’s what should be said. You want to make players feel like they have to earn it. Telling them outright “you’re in reserve grade”. It goes against everything you are supposed be in trying to motivate your players.

Reactions: 851
That’s vastly different. That’s what should be said. You want to make players feel like they have to earn it. Telling them outright “you’re in reserve grade”. It goes against everything you are supposed be in trying to motivate your players.
People interpret things however they want.

Maybe Nofo didn't like that he wasn't guaranteed a starting position. He seems the fragile type.

Anyway, I commend Benji for trying to hold everyone accountable & set a standard.

No guarantees

That is the way it should be,for far too long some players seem to have had a direct path to first grade each week.Sheens was the one who even at his best 15 years ago was the most guily of looking after players he liked

Nofo knows exactly what he's doing he wants out see the writting on the wall, comes back with a chip on his shoulder kicks stones. Then bet your bottom dollar his management is leaking everything, he probably rang Moses and asked the best way to put on a strop.
He will get his way he will be out and we'll carry 60-70% if not more of his freight, Benji won't want him being the rotten apple in the barrel best to just cut ties with the imbecile we all know how this story ends.

Nofa is use to the system where the players determine the future of the coach - proof he is still here after years of failure and all his coaches arnt. If he reacted to being told that he is competing for his position/ no guarantees etc without realising it himself and has come back to training unfit as the longest serving senior player - that says it all about Nofa and why things need/needed to change.

Nofa is use to the system where the players determine the future of the coach - proof he is still here after years of failure and all his coaches arnt. If he reacted to being told that he is competing for his position/ no guarantees etc without realising it himself and has come back to training unfit as the longest serving senior player - that says it all about Nofa and why things need/needed to change.

I wanted Tupou tried in the centres this year...he isnt great under a highball but is a dangerous runner with ball in hand. If his defence is solid enough, he may make it there.
Galvin, ive not seen nearly enough of to have an opinion.

I can see some validity to this if the club has tried to move him on without success and don’t see him in the plans over the next 2 years. Push him off the cliff to seek a final contract overseas. There is no window shopping in reserve grade so doing a deal now becomes much more important for Noffa.

I can see some validity to this if the club has tried to move him on without success and don’t see him in the plans over the next 2 years. Push him off the cliff to seek a final contract overseas. There is no window shopping in reserve grade so doing a deal now becomes much more important for Noffa.
That’s a double edged sword. If he’s playing reserve, are the club going to be happy with that amount of money on a player whose not being considered in first grade?

Doubt with his powers(speed + effort) in steep decline ,that Nofa can get back to anywhere near what he was 3-4 years ago
This is totally transparent to all other NRL clubs ...he wont pick up a starting wing position anywhere,particularly if he cant get one with the spooners
Doesnt wish to go to UK
So is unemployable outside WTs effectively
He has a firm contract with us for $1mill over next 2 years
Only has one choice in his mind...do as little as you have to

Doubt with his powers(speed + effort) in steep decline ,that Nofa can get back to anywhere near what he was 3-4 years ago
This is totally transparent to all other NRL clubs ...he wont pick up a starting wing position anywhere,particularly if he cant get one with the spooners
Doesnt wish to go to UK
So is unemployable outside WTs effectively
He has a firm contract with us for $1mill over next 2 years
Only has one choice in his mind...do as little as you have to
When I think of that money it does my head in a bit. It would take me the best part of 10 years to earn one million. How I would love to be earning 500K a year. I wouldn't need much motivation to work my butt off if I had the opportunity to 500K a year - just gratitude for being so lucky.

This is a poor situation all round.
Payout figure is a million.
Make him play Reggie’s and he may embark on a destabilising campaign.
They need to trade him away, but at the end of the day, he is arguably still our best winger. He is experienced and a very good finisher.
Whoever leaked this has started a shitstorm.
No he is not!

You are using "arguably" as a disclaimer for something that even you don't believe!

That’s a double edged sword. If he’s playing reserve, are the club going to be happy with that amount of money on a player whose not being considered in first grade?
I wouldn’t think they would be doing it with the ‘long term’ in mind. It’s a quick shift strategy IMO. If he stays longer then things may change.

Nofo knows exactly what he's doing he wants out see the writting on the wall, comes back with a chip on his shoulder kicks stones. Then bet your bottom dollar his management is leaking everything, he probably rang Moses and asked the best way to put on a strop.
He will get his way he will be out and we'll carry 60-70% if not more of his freight, Benji won't want him being the rotten apple in the barrel best to just cut ties with the imbecile we all know how this story ends.
I dunno.... He's been told to return to training on Monday so unless he's a no show the whole things done and dusted

Latest posts

Members online

Back