Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

How is it a position of strength? Blore has signed for Melbourne for 2025 and we have literally zero idea whether Melbourne are sufficiently bothered about getting him in 2024 that they're willing to give anything up. The Olam deal was a complete red herring: Melbourne don't want him so of course they were willing to let him go. Has there been any sign at any stage that Melbourne are especially bothered about whether they get Blore in 2024 or 2025? 19 times out of 20 when a player signs elsewhere a year out his destination club is perfectly happy to wait a year to get him without sacrificing anything, and that's when we're talking about legit star players. Melbourne aren't about to do something daft to get an extra season of a 100% maybe player like Blore.
We will see. Melbourne tried to get Blore during last season so yes they do want him now. So Melbourne need the swap to happen more than we do so that puts us in the driving seat. They now know we can walk away from it.

Has it crossed your mind that Melbourne don't want to do a swap for 2024? Let me play it out for you:
Step 1) Tigers and Storm discuss a swap for Blore and Olam for 2024 but can't agree the details: the Storm want us to take Olam's whole contract for instance, and we - rightly - think that's a poor deal.
Step 2) Blore signs for the Storm for 2025.
Step 3) The Tigers go back to Melbourne and say "we want a player swap for 2024".
Step 4) The Storm say "we made you our best offer, if you don't like it you can keep him and we'll have him in 2025".
Step 5) Nothing. That's the end of the conversation.
The bit of my comment you either ignored or didn't understand is that unless Melbourne are particularly keen to get Blore for 2024 we don't have any leverage. All the Blore/Olam talk sounds to me like Melbourne thought we might be dumb enough to let them have a player they want in return for one they don't. Fortunately we managed to avoid treading on that particular rake - for once - but otherwise the Storm aren't especially fussed if they get Blore for 2024 or 2025 and therefore certainly aren't going to offer anything of value for 2024.
If you're running the Tigers right now what's your play with Melbourne? Please refer to steps 3 and 4 above before replying.
Melbourne are desperate to get rid of Olam. But just don't want to seem desperate. They want to pay as little of the 1.8 million the owe him, sure. But there are no takers.

They want Blore, they want to get rid of Olam. They can make it happen if they want, we rightfully won't be bullied by them. Somehow they're getting away with Olam not training, but that matter won't last much longer

We will see. Melbourne tried to get Blore during last season so yes they do want him now. So Melbourne need the swap to happen more than we do so that puts us in the driving seat. They now know we can walk away from it.
Ok, so your bet is that Melbourne will give up something of value to get Blore in 2024. Mine is that they won't. Time will tell; I'm confident.

Has it crossed your mind that Melbourne don't want to do a swap for 2024? Let me play it out for you:
Step 1) Tigers and Storm discuss a swap for Blore and Olam for 2024 but can't agree the details: the Storm want us to take Olam's whole contract for instance, and we - rightly - think that's a poor deal.
Step 2) Blore signs for the Storm for 2025.
Step 3) The Tigers go back to Melbourne and say "we want a player swap for 2024".
Step 4) The Storm say "we made you our best offer, if you don't like it you can keep him and we'll have him in 2025".
Step 5) Nothing. That's the end of the conversation.
The bit of my comment you either ignored or didn't understand is that unless Melbourne are particularly keen to get Blore for 2024 we don't have any leverage. All the Blore/Olam talk sounds to me like Melbourne thought we might be dumb enough to let them have a player they want in return for one they don't. Fortunately we managed to avoid treading on that particular rake - for once - but otherwise the Storm aren't especially fussed if they get Blore for 2024 or 2025 and therefore certainly aren't going to offer anything of value for 2024.
If you're running the Tigers right now what's your play with Melbourne? Please refer to steps 3 and 4 above before replying.
Still might be done if Melbourne really want Olam off their books for the last few years of his contract. If so they may well revisit step 1.

Still might be done if Melbourne really want Olam off their books for the last few years of his contract. If so they may well revisit step 1.

If the Storm are that keen to get rid of him ,,, i would be concerned …

he is 30 years old and contracted for another 3 years… if he started to decline this year ,.. what’s he going to be like in 2026?

He is likely their version of Nofo,,,,got offered a deal that was too long …and they are looking to offload him to another team to recover what they can…. The Tigers are dealing with one of those already … I don’t want them picking up another one

How is it a position of strength? Blore has signed for Melbourne for 2025 and we have literally zero idea whether Melbourne are sufficiently bothered about getting him in 2024 that they're willing to give anything up. The Olam deal was a complete red herring: Melbourne don't want him so of course they were willing to let him go. Has there been any sign at any stage that Melbourne are especially bothered about whether they get Blore in 2024 or 2025? 19 times out of 20 when a player signs elsewhere a year out his destination club is perfectly happy to wait a year to get him without sacrificing anything, and that's when we're talking about legit star players. Melbourne aren't about to do something daft to get an extra season of a 100% maybe player like Blore.
Ok champ, but Olam apparently is on $600000 a season for the next 3 seasons. They whacked him in reserve grade this year and put nobody’s in to replace him, as he was playing broken, burnt out! U don’t have to be Einstein to work out they want him gone asap, they’re just playing chicken with the tigers hoping they we blink first!

There is only Kade 7 and Teddy 23 as the prominent ones, the rest are mostly speculators.
I’m sure there are plenty that get a snippet of information from one source or another without having any well established channel
That’s sort of how rumours work and I for one welcome them
Question them for sure but I don’t get the tough guy aggro from some

Melbourne are desperate to get rid of Olam. But just don't want to seem desperate. They want to pay as little of the 1.8 million the owe him, sure. But there are no takers.

They want Blore, they want to get rid of Olam. They can make it happen if they want, we rightfully won't be bullied by them. Somehow they're getting away with Olam not training, but that matter won't last much longer
If it was me to decide
if Blore has signed for 25 , I keep him as back up this coming season only
Olam , for 3 years I would not take that on , 2 years Max
if Olam is not Training that is also a concern ,as they want him gone ,
if they request Blore for 24 take another player of simian worth in position we need , there should be more than Olam

If the Storm are that keen to get rid of him ,,, i would be concerned …

he is 30 years old and contracted for another 3 years… if he started to decline this year ,.. what’s he going to be like in 2026?

He is likely their version of Nofo,,,,got offered a deal that was too long …and they are looking to offload him to another team to recover what they can…. The Tigers are dealing with one of those already … I don’t want them picking up another one
Not saying I necessarily want Olam (well not for 3 years, 1-2 would be ok), just that the Tigers seem to have a willingness to consider a swap and that a deal may be done. Both sides just holding firm at the moment. I like that we aren’t being a pushover. Hopefully that is the new normal for us.

Back