Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

a little concerned that Alaimalo is on a top 30 deal if I'm honest. looks to have all the physical tools to succeed but has played second tier union for the last few years and hasn't delivered on what looked to be the start of a very successful career.

I hope the change of scenery and his life experiences up til this point help him settle in and rip into preseason and hopefully come into calculations for NRL selection. best of luck, Solomon.
Seems a strange signing indeed. Guess we just gotta back Benji.

This is a strange signing and a little underwhelming....but pure Tigers so not much else was expected. I like the speed and height factors but how long will it take him to adjust to league? Only signed for 2024 too - imagine he would start in reserve grade.

If we can swap out Noffa for a subsidised Olam, I am feeling a bit better....

For what it’s worth. My cousin spoke with Luai’s manager at Port Mac touch last week (they are mates). He said Luai hasn’t signed anything but ‘he will be at the tigers’. No idea how much or how long or anything else
And for its worth this sounds like CONFIRMATION. Luias's Manager. No 2nd cousin to Beryl or Barry. Hence the Mystery.

This isn’t mail but I’m 99% sure Api is calling Luai trying to sell the vision. Seems like the kinda captain he’d be to try play a big factor in the recruitment process with Luai to help turn the club around.

He knows how much our side improves with a halfback with the pedigree and competitiveness that Luai possess. They both have that in common.
Better than a guy acting as captain and taking all our best players to another club for a secret meeting.

Not a massive fan of Api as captain but thats what we need from him.

One has more experience. And potential. In the time given.
I agree mate. I would love it if the club kept Galvin at all costs too. I heard Galvin smashed the 1.2 Bronco record at the club by over 10 secs, this kid is the real deal and will only get better. Would love to see him and Fainu tearing it up in the near future.

For what it's worth - pretty handy when he locks into gear.

if the big fella can have an injury free run, handle the transition easily and get his mental health in the right place we could have a gem on our hands. only issue is that those highlights were a long time ago and we have no idea what sorta player we have in the building nowadays. trials will go a long way towards evaluating his prospects.

a little concerned that Alaimalo is on a top 30 deal if I'm honest. looks to have all the physical tools to succeed but has played second tier union for the last few years and hasn't delivered on what looked to be the start of a very successful career.

I hope the change of scenery and his life experiences up til this point help him settle in and rip into preseason and hopefully come into calculations for NRL selection. best of luck, Solomon.
Don't know much about him. Is he an outside back? We need some

For what it’s worth. My cousin spoke with Luai’s manager at Port Mac touch last week (they are mates). He said Luai hasn’t signed anything but ‘he will be at the tigers from 2025’. No idea how much or how long or anything else
Wok Wright? Yeah I know. Luai and him were in Brisbane this week watching 50 Cent. It's good to have you guys corroborating stories

Don't know much about him. Is he an outside back? We need some
former Super Rugby rookie of the year. can play anywhere in the OBs but has mainly done his best work on the left wing. last few years has lost his way with some mental health issues and injury but certainly has the physical gifts required to make a splash.

he's closer to Will Warbrick than Triston Reilly in terms of rugby converts, albeit a little older. the preseason challenge will give us a better idea as to where he's at.

if the big fella can have an injury free run, handle the transition easily and get his mental health in the right place we could have a gem on our hands. only issue is that those highlights were a long time ago and we have no idea what sorta player we have in the building nowadays. trials will go a long way towards evaluating his prospects.
Apparently he is 1.96m and weighs 100kg so he may surprise us all, one way or the other!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Back