Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I hope Shane Richardson puts out a statement saying he’s put a stop on our 1 million dollar plus bid on Luai as he wants Benji and the coaching staff to give Latu Fainu and Lachlan Galvin every opportunity to play regular NRL from a young age PROVIDING their effort and form deserves it. Keeping in mind they are both very young and needing all Wests Tigers fans to understand they are both a work in progress, so we cannot expect superstar performances each week from them at NRL level straight away while they are just starting out as NRL players.
Thatd go down like a lead balloon.... Seriously how long have we all been waiting
It doesn't work because we don't stick to plans & see. Them through

Andrew Voss just made the point that any player who was considering signing with us will probably look elsewhere due to the upheaval and instability. There's just too much uncertainty for any manger to point his players our way.
It's hard to argue he's wrong.
I feel sorry for Benji. The events of yesterday probably mean the squad he has now is the squad he'll have to make work.
I like having Shane Richardson running the show, but it's at the expense of the '24 and 25 seasons.

Last edited:
I really hope we somehow still persuade Luai to come here. Anyone with any knowledge of the game knows what a huge signing he'll be, particularly now.
The guy is elite. There's less than a dozen players in the comp. at his level. Any young talent worth having won't be threatened by him signing, they'll embrace playing with that sort of quality.

I really hope we somehow still persuade Luai to come here. Anyone with any knowledge of the game knows what a huge signing he'll be, particularly now.
The guy is elite. There's less than a dozen players in the comp. at his level. Any young talent worth having won't be threatened by him signing, they'll embrace playing with that sort of quality.
These changes would have been known by those who needed to know. I believe they would be viewed as a positive and from what we know Marshall was leading the negotiations with Luai. Richardson to me will strengthen our credibility in negotiations with players.

I had someone the other day (@Kaito maybe?) tell me it didn’t matter what was happening off field, that players sign on to play, so here’s hoping. I feel like over the years other clubs have used us as a selling point for them. Like “you really going to go and play for those clowns?”. All thanks to the incompetence of the people who ran us for years. With an administrator like Shane Richardson on board now (hopefully permanently), it will take time, but expect that perception to change.

These changes would have been known by those who needed to know. I believe they would be viewed as a positive and from what we know Marshall was leading the negotiations with Luai. Richardson to me will strengthen our credibility in negotiations with players.
Let's all hope you're correct.

Probably was not ideal for this to happen right now with two massive contracts on the table needing some ink. Although no time is ever good for a massive internal blow up, but this is a blow up that needed to happen and will bear fruit down the track.

Fingers crossed amateur hour is over at camp Concord and any perceived negativity out there in NRL world starts to turn around

“But instead of actually working towards a plan to get that through, they charge off and they chase players that they’re never going to be a chance of picking up."

So if Richardson says you're not ever going to get Luai or Fonua-Blake what are we going to say then ??

Andrew Voss just made the point that any player who was considering signing with us will probably look elsewhere due to the upheaval and instability. There's just too much uncertainty for any manger to point his players our way.
I feel sorry for Benji. The events of yesterday probably mean the squad he has now is the squad he'll have to make work.
I like having Shane Richardson running the show, but it's at the expense of the '24 and 25 seasons.
I don’t believe that . That screams of being someone’s mouth piece .
If anything this upheaval is the one that should have happened long ago , and the sacking of the board and more importantly Pascoe ,has been in one way or another , whispered about for years . If anything this finally once and for all , creates some stability , as with most things , there will be a grace period .
Also Richo has already come out, as recently as 1 month ago , and said stability and pathways has to be the tigers remit moving forward . So I don’t think he’s going to come in and run a broom through the joint .
I think he will just streamline processes and procedures , put standards in place and key metrics that drive those standards .
I think the football club/ department will be his priority, and I honestly think he was having a stab at Justin and Lee about having long lunches all the time .
If Benji has the work ethos and is a Bennett protege , as has been pretty much suggested by both Benji and Wayne , than I honestly can only see a strong working relationship between the new ceo and the coach .
I will say this , Richo has a strong opinion of himself , that is well justified in league circles , so I can’t see him suffering fools . Which IMO , has been sorely needed for a long time at this club at the CEO level . Hopefully he fixes the intangibles like the media team and the merchandising team , who have been a shit fight and unprofessional, for far too long .

“But instead of actually working towards a plan to get that through, they charge off and they chase players that they’re never going to be a chance of picking up."

So if Richardson says you're not ever going to get Luai or Fonua-Blake what are we going to say then ??
Richo after looking at our roster and having a chat with Benji and Bozo junior will be onto Luai’s management along with AFB’s management and giving them a positive spin on the new world and vision in Tigertown and busting his guts for their signature

Can someone tell me why Shane Richardson left Souths?, and what has he been doing since??.
as i think he is someone that we have needed for a long time now, lets all hope and pray that all the ins and outs of the coaching staff, and upheavals within the club finally comes to a end :).

Very excited for the club. I just question O’Farrell. I think he’s dodgy. The guy lost his gig as premier due to taking a bribe.
I'm not a fan of BOF at all but calling it a bribe is a bit OTT. A friend gifted him a bottle of Grange that he failed to declare on the gift register. When it came to light he was naive and handled it very badly which led to him stepping down as Premier. Dumb it was, a bribe it wasn't.

I can think of four and a half million reasons why he is wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

Back