Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Given Api and Ice couldn’t help save us from the spoon I’m not sure 1 big money signing is going to pull us out of this mess.

We do need quality but we also can’t screw our cap again paying overs.
Look at the top 4-6 sides mate. Count the big names. Seems pretty obvious that’s your winning formula.

Given Api and Ice couldn’t help save us from the spoon I’m not sure 1 big money signing is going to pull us out of this mess.

We do need quality but we also can’t screw our cap again paying overs.
but it’s not that simple. Api and ice played without halves and most of a backline either.
A million dollars on elite , and (IMO) thats what luai is, is not screwing the cap.

Last edited:
You obviously don’t rate luai. He’s worth a mil easy in this halves market and the new salary cap. I’m sick of waiting for a work in progress.
It’s not about rating him or not , I just don’t get the whole investing in Fainu Hyperbole last season , for a distinct right turn to luai . … not to mention Sullivan as well , and obviously. Galvin .

It’s not about rating him or not , I just don’t get the whole investing in Fainu Hyperbole last season , for a distinct right turn to luai . … not to mention Sullivan as well , and obviously. Galvin .
It’s a great problem to have. The top squads have multiple talents coming through at once. It creates competition.

Hopefully gone are the days where certain players can just rock up thinking they are starting each week regardless.

Probably for the better. No player is signing with a club because of the make up of their board.

The interim board that can make decisions and perform normal governance functions will soon be in place.
Are you going to be able to operate under that alias?

Under the previous regime, take what we can get was the philosophy.

I hope Shane Richardson puts out a statement saying he’s put a stop on our 1 million dollar plus bid on Luai as he wants Benji and the coaching staff to give Latu Fainu and Lachlan Galvin every opportunity to play regular NRL from a young age PROVIDING their effort and form deserves it. Keeping in mind they are both very young and needing all Wests Tigers fans to understand they are both a work in progress, so we cannot expect superstar performances each week from them at NRL level straight away while they are just starting out as NRL players.
Thatd go down like a lead balloon.... Seriously how long have we all been waiting
It doesn't work because we don't stick to plans & see. Them through

Andrew Voss just made the point that any player who was considering signing with us will probably look elsewhere due to the upheaval and instability. There's just too much uncertainty for any manger to point his players our way.
It's hard to argue he's wrong.
I feel sorry for Benji. The events of yesterday probably mean the squad he has now is the squad he'll have to make work.
I like having Shane Richardson running the show, but it's at the expense of the '24 and 25 seasons.

Last edited:
I really hope we somehow still persuade Luai to come here. Anyone with any knowledge of the game knows what a huge signing he'll be, particularly now.
The guy is elite. There's less than a dozen players in the comp. at his level. Any young talent worth having won't be threatened by him signing, they'll embrace playing with that sort of quality.

I really hope we somehow still persuade Luai to come here. Anyone with any knowledge of the game knows what a huge signing he'll be, particularly now.
The guy is elite. There's less than a dozen players in the comp. at his level. Any young talent worth having won't be threatened by him signing, they'll embrace playing with that sort of quality.
These changes would have been known by those who needed to know. I believe they would be viewed as a positive and from what we know Marshall was leading the negotiations with Luai. Richardson to me will strengthen our credibility in negotiations with players.

I had someone the other day (@Kaito maybe?) tell me it didn’t matter what was happening off field, that players sign on to play, so here’s hoping. I feel like over the years other clubs have used us as a selling point for them. Like “you really going to go and play for those clowns?”. All thanks to the incompetence of the people who ran us for years. With an administrator like Shane Richardson on board now (hopefully permanently), it will take time, but expect that perception to change.

These changes would have been known by those who needed to know. I believe they would be viewed as a positive and from what we know Marshall was leading the negotiations with Luai. Richardson to me will strengthen our credibility in negotiations with players.
Let's all hope you're correct.

Probably was not ideal for this to happen right now with two massive contracts on the table needing some ink. Although no time is ever good for a massive internal blow up, but this is a blow up that needed to happen and will bear fruit down the track.

Fingers crossed amateur hour is over at camp Concord and any perceived negativity out there in NRL world starts to turn around

“But instead of actually working towards a plan to get that through, they charge off and they chase players that they’re never going to be a chance of picking up."

So if Richardson says you're not ever going to get Luai or Fonua-Blake what are we going to say then ??

Latest posts

Staff online

Back