Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Exactly. Richo has alot of respect in the NRL community very much doubt Pascoe/Lee combo is a better drawcard than Richo.
Never paid much attention to Richo before because he was always someone else's CEO, but gee he impressed me today at that conference.

We still can't get a microphone out there so that you could hear the questions but that didn't matter, Richo just oozed passion, knowledge and experience like not all that many others that I have seen or heard before.

Makes you wonder how players and their managers could fail to be impressed and he also provided a small glimpse of his no bullshit, take no crap approach to the media, smart arses and fools in general, or that is at least the way he came across to me.

The only concern I have is if we are unable to secure him for the longer term, I want to win a comp with this bloke in charge and starting to re-consider the possibility of a 2024 membership renewal after vowing not to do it.

Never paid much attention to Richo before because he was always someone else's CEO, but gee he impressed me today at that conference.

We still can't get a microphone out there so that you could hear the questions but that didn't matter, Richo just oozed passion, knowledge and experience like not all that many others that I have seen or heard before.

Makes you wonder how players and their managers could fail to be impressed and he also provided a small glimpse of his no bullshit, take no crap approach to the media, smart arses and fools in general, or that is at least the way he came across to me.

The only concern I have is if we are unable to secure him for the longer term, I want to win a comp with this bloke in charge and starting to re-consider the possibility of a 2024 membership renewal after vowing not to do it.
A few mates of mine have long been telling me we need Shane Richardson at Wests Tigers.
I wasn’t convinced until hearing his interview today, now I’m certain we are in a much better place with him running the show.

If Richo stays and we win a comp with him, then I think we should put a bronze statue of him out the front of the COE!

Reactions: 851
Didn’t even see it - good to hear Richo admit that openly then.

Dogs coming in late for Luai would be a very Gus thing to do - I was told they were out and had full focus on AFB. Didn’t Ciraldo come out a couple of days ago and even state he wouldn’t take anyone from Penrith when asked about Luai.

Geez they play this recruitment game dirty - if they get there man though can you blame them?
It’s ok cause no players will play good for them. Look at Kikau and JAC

I don’t think we’d go that high salary-wise for that long. honestly after yesterday’s events, whatever will be will be.
I'm obviously biased towards Luai because I'm a fan and those who aren't a fan of him will be biased against him but I'd give him 5 years. I think he changes us in many areas. Team culture and chemistry, performance on the field, and with the fans

Andrew Voss just made the point that any player who was considering signing with us will probably look elsewhere due to the upheaval and instability. There's just too much uncertainty for any manger to point his players our way.
It's hard to argue he's wrong.
I feel sorry for Benji. The events of yesterday probably mean the squad he has now is the squad he'll have to make work.
I like having Shane Richardson running the show, but it's at the expense of the '24 and 25 seasons.
Yeah I tend to agree. I would have rather they just appointed Shane Richardson and Barry in permanent roles. Not perfect but removes a large chunk of the uncertainty.

Andrew Voss just made the point that any player who was considering signing with us will probably look elsewhere due to the upheaval and instability. There's just too much uncertainty for any manger to point his players our way.
It's hard to argue he's wrong.
I feel sorry for Benji. The events of yesterday probably mean the squad he has now is the squad he'll have to make work.
I like having Shane Richardson running the show, but it's at the expense of the '24 and 25 seasons.
Not if you watch Richardson's press conference. The bloke just instills confidence and stability.

One could argue we almost have the best CEO / Chair combo in the game now. With the obvious exception of Uncle Sombrero.

I will say that what's different this time around about us chasing Luai is that if we don't end up getting him we have 3 long term halves signed (albeit unexperienced.) Last year we were heavily relying on Moses to come because they only half we had signed up for next season was Doueihi so it's not the end of the world if he doesn't end up coming.
This is what I'm trying to say. We should do everything we can (within good reason) to get him, but the backup plan is just fine

Latest posts

Members online

Back