Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

While the finishing touches to the Tigers contract – which will make Luai one of the highest-paid players in the game – are being put together by the club and his management, the Bulldogs continue to monitor the situation.

Canterbury have verbally put forth their own five-year deal for Luai. As of Tuesday afternoon, the Panthers had yet to receive formal notice of Luai’s intention to sign with a rival club.

Is this a story somewhere?

It is a concern that we have so many halves on our books for 2025, as Sullivan and Fainu are 4 year contracts. I read that Christian WOLFF has said that FAINU we be the one to partner LUAI if he does come. Then there is GALVIN in the background and the wraps are he will be special, unless he moves to a ball playing lock ? Anyhow, my smokey for the year is Narven WILLETT on the wing, big wraps on him.

It is a concern that we have so many halves on our books for 2025, as Sullivan and Fainu are 4 year contracts. I read that Christian WOLFF has said that FAINU we be the one to partner LUAI if he does come. Then there is GALVIN in the background and the wraps are he will be special, unless he moves to a ball playing lock ? Anyhow, my smokey for the year is Narven WILLETT on the wing, big wraps on him.
I reckon Sullivan will end up a super sub....or back at St George!

Fainu and Luai are the best future halves combo IMO.

Galvin has to be part of the side but not ready for 1-2 years. I highly doubt Willett gets any NRL time in 2024 but reckon he looks like an Inglis clone.

Actually he will be 32 at the time of the last game of that 4 yr contract
Are you sure? If wiki is accurate, his birthday is 6 November 1995. The first year of his contract with the Sharks is 2025. That tells me he will be 33 at the end of the four years

Was thinking it was to be announced today........but no.

Possibly the delay is to create negotiations for 24.

Happy we are saying nothing so I take that as an affirmative if he chooses to come next year. The sheer fact our club has abstained from even a disingenuous we'd like Jerome to see out his contract with Penrith is a good sign for 24.

I like the noise coming from Penrith. :)
No contract has been completed - from the SMH

While the finishing touches to the Tigers contract – which will make Luai one of the highest-paid players in the game – are being put together by the club and his management

After seeing pictures of willet can’t see it myself . Hasn’t got enough meat on his bones. A week only maybe but doubt he’d be locking down a spot

What relevance does Wolff’s opinion have?

While the finishing touches to the Tigers contract – which will make Luai one of the highest-paid players in the game – are being put together by the club and his management, the Bulldogs continue to monitor the situation.

Canterbury have verbally put forth their own five-year deal for Luai. As of Tuesday afternoon, the Panthers had yet to receive formal notice of Luai’s intention to sign with a rival club.

So we are still somewhere in the 10 day period as of yesterday
What are the Dogs doing?

Waiting to pounce , Gould loves this stuff and keeps his fat head in the news

What are the Dogs doing?
Well Luai has notified the club already and apparently the Panthers are willing to waive the 10 day waiting period once a deal gets done.

Well Luai has notified the club already and apparently the Panthers are willing to waive the 10 day waiting period once a deal gets done.
correct. this is the concern for us.

while Luai has verbally agreed to terms and I assume has probably met with Richo and Benji in recent days as per @kade7, nothing has been lodged with the NRL, let alone signed. while it may just be dotting the i's and crossing the t's, the fact that none of it is legally binding does worry me.

hopefully that's just a matter of getting all the paperwork sorted and out of the way and we get something concrete by COB today, worst case end of this week.

What are the Dogs doing?

It all seems strange how it’s unfolding right.
Everyone reported he told his team mates to do that the club would’ve known.

Today some outlets report he hasn’t formally communicated & also say the Panthers will void the 10 day period if he did.

It’s like everyone is playing a guessing game because things aren’t formalized.

Latest posts

Members online

Back