Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It is a concern that we have so many halves on our books for 2025, as Sullivan and Fainu are 4 year contracts. I read that Christian WOLFF has said that FAINU we be the one to partner LUAI if he does come. Then there is GALVIN in the background and the wraps are he will be special, unless he moves to a ball playing lock ? Anyhow, my smokey for the year is Narven WILLETT on the wing, big wraps on him.
After seeing pictures of willet can’t see it myself . Hasn’t got enough meat on his bones. A week only maybe but doubt he’d be locking down a spot

It is a concern that we have so many halves on our books for 2025, as Sullivan and Fainu are 4 year contracts. I read that Christian WOLFF has said that FAINU we be the one to partner LUAI if he does come. Then there is GALVIN in the background and the wraps are he will be special, unless he moves to a ball playing lock ? Anyhow, my smokey for the year is Narven WILLETT on the wing, big wraps on him.
What relevance does Wolff’s opinion have?

While the finishing touches to the Tigers contract – which will make Luai one of the highest-paid players in the game – are being put together by the club and his management, the Bulldogs continue to monitor the situation.

Canterbury have verbally put forth their own five-year deal for Luai. As of Tuesday afternoon, the Panthers had yet to receive formal notice of Luai’s intention to sign with a rival club.

So we are still somewhere in the 10 day period as of yesterday
What are the Dogs doing?

While the finishing touches to the Tigers contract – which will make Luai one of the highest-paid players in the game – are being put together by the club and his management, the Bulldogs continue to monitor the situation.

Canterbury have verbally put forth their own five-year deal for Luai. As of Tuesday afternoon, the Panthers had yet to receive formal notice of Luai’s intention to sign with a rival club.
Waiting to pounce , Gould loves this stuff and keeps his fat head in the news

What are the Dogs doing?
Well Luai has notified the club already and apparently the Panthers are willing to waive the 10 day waiting period once a deal gets done.

Well Luai has notified the club already and apparently the Panthers are willing to waive the 10 day waiting period once a deal gets done.
correct. this is the concern for us.

while Luai has verbally agreed to terms and I assume has probably met with Richo and Benji in recent days as per @kade7, nothing has been lodged with the NRL, let alone signed. while it may just be dotting the i's and crossing the t's, the fact that none of it is legally binding does worry me.

hopefully that's just a matter of getting all the paperwork sorted and out of the way and we get something concrete by COB today, worst case end of this week.

What are the Dogs doing?

It all seems strange how it’s unfolding right.
Everyone reported he told his team mates to do that the club would’ve known.

Today some outlets report he hasn’t formally communicated & also say the Panthers will void the 10 day period if he did.

It’s like everyone is playing a guessing game because things aren’t formalized.

Something doesn’t sound right from the media spin

If a formal offer was submitted then the waiting period would be voided by that logic & he would be announced as signed.

Let’s hope we get good news shortly.

I don't know if we will or won't sign Luai but if we don't, I don't know why we would be considered "clowns" - unlike previous administrations we haven't, that I have seen anywhere, done anything other than offer an eligible on the market player a contract. Up to him to sign where he wants. All the hoo haa in the media, is as usual, the media playing things up, making up numbers and terms and intrigue and cloak and dagger for clicks. It may be another we miss but as a two time wooden spoon team we aren't exactly a prime destination. I think that is/will change though.

This seems quite different to the Moses or Latrelle circuses, they were never seriously coming here, just using us to boost their price.
Whereas Luai has actually told his team mates he is leaving Penrith to come to the Tigers.
I feel like he definitely intends to come here, that could change if a bigger offer comes in, but I have a lot of confidence.

Stay strong brother …

Have the Bulldogs done anything yet other than “monitor the situation “?
From the same story

This seems quite different to the Moses or Latrelle circuses, they were never seriously coming here, just using us to boost their price.
Whereas Luai has actually told his team mates he is leaving Penrith to come to the Tigers.
I feel like he definitely intends to come here, that could change if a bigger offer comes in, but I have a lot of confidence.
From the SMH

From the SMH

From the same story

You missed this part:

A verbal offer isn't a formal offer like ours.
The journo has worded this wrong, maybe
even on purpose to get both clubs talking.
It's contradictory saying 'finishing touches
are being made to the Tigers contract, it's
being put 2gether by club & his management'
and then in the next paragraph say that
'Panthers have yet to receive formal notice
of Luai's intention to sign with a rival club'.
My mail suggests he has in fact notifed
his teamates where he's going (us). This
journo either hasn't the foggiest of clues
or is playing dumb to generate clicks lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back