Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

You need to calm those voices down brother. It's just a game and as many have said, Worst case he doesn't sign with us. If so, we move on. Lee and Pascoe are gone, that's been plenty for me to be happy about. Relax and enjoy Christmas.
Good advice. It’s fine to be invested it to a point. Don’t let it consume you though.

I imagine the only holdup is when he moves. He seems pretty upset right now, he may want to leave but Penrith we know don't negotiate with leavers.

i'd rather we close the deal for 2025 now, and if he becomes available for 24 we can then make a second announcement. Like we did with Laurie a while back.
They dealt with Ivan,
In influencing him to get off the bus & leave Tigers.

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if Lee got Chammas to leak they Luai is comming to tigers just to try and stuff up the new managements plans

The Chimmas article is fake lmao
Yeah, it just clicked. I knew there was some story doing the rounds, not realising that fake article was the story. Was going to say, the last little part about Tigers fans missing their man yet again was a tad snarky, even for a journo. Perfect jab for bait though.

A friendly reminder to forum members, (purposely) spamming threads with fake news is not welcome here.

I would encourage all members to please report any questionable content and include links to media sources.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I imagine the only holdup is when he moves. He seems pretty upset right now, he may want to leave but Penrith we know don't negotiate with leavers.

i'd rather we close the deal for 2025 now, and if he becomes available for 24 we can then make a second announcement. Like we did with Laurie a while back.

I actually think the media have no idea what’s going on and are making crap up. Agree just nip 25 asap and then focus on early release in the new year.

@teddy23 was it Luai at the chinese restaurant with Gus?
No idea @Coastie_Tiger - but would be silly to assume Luai hasn’t had any meetings with bulldogs officials within the last fortnight.

Also saw some posters @ me about Kulikefu Finefeuiaki which I mentioned we were looking at him around 6 months ago - seems like he won’t be coming here unfortunately. Cowboys trying everything they can to keep him as Dolphins are making a strong push along with multiple other teams.

Cowboys are tirelessly trying to shop Luciano around and are finding no suitors.

Helium Luki is also gaining some interest from Raiders/Dragons as Cowboys are prioritising Finefeuiaki but they’ll try hold onto him too.

Tupou has agreed to sign with the Dolphins - I believe we’re now within the 10 day cooling off period and wouldn’t rule out us offering a revised improved deal to tempt him to stay. But he’s most likely gone unfortunately.

Jarome Luai update!

Penrith had belief that Luai would accept the increased 3 year deal - as I posted on here earlier as Luai had notified the club that 2 years wouldn’t be enough.

Luai’s management throughout all discussions with every club has prioritised security informing all interested clubs he would want a long term deal to prise him away from Penrith.

We had offered a 4 year $4.8 million deal, Luai’s management had then approached the club requesting a 5th year and assurance that this would seemingly be enough to get a deal done after Penrith increased there offer by another year. Which prompted the club to then withdraw our offer for AFB and go all in for Luai.

Bulldogs were made aware that Luai was likely going to accept a 5 year deal from the club, and had contacted Luai setting up a potential 5 year deal of their own however on anywhere from 500-750k less overall. Luai is still mulling over this but seems extremely unlikely however still an option. One thing is for certain though, and that’s Luai won’t be at Penrith in 2025.

However, the expectation is that Luai will be announced as a Wests Tigers player within the next week, unless something drastic occurs as they’re finalising some minor details. Whenever Jarome officially signs, Penrith will waive the 10 day cooling off period and it will become official.

I also posted on here a couple of days ago even as headlines were claiming that Luai may be released early - that it will would NOT happen.

Word around town though is that it’s starting to get ugly between both Penrith’s higher ups and Luai.

Apparently Luai’s management had quietly told Penrith officials he had intentions to reject their deal at the start of a training session on Saturday with the expectation he had verbally agreed to sign with the Tigers but nothing was official yet, he was just informing them he will not be accepting their offer. Luai had then found out that Penrith leaked the news out to the media pretty much instantly before he had even finished training that he was coming to us, before anything was signed especially with the Bulldogs making a late push and it has caused some frustrations as Luai has already felt disrespected by not only Cleary’s comments about leaving to play 7 elsewhere as a risk, but also something that gets covered up is that Penrith had prioritised getting deals done for both Yeo and Edwards over Luai. Only offering him whatever they had left in the cap after those 2 deals were done.

The belief is Benji’s recruitment of Luai really resonated with Jarome, as Benji had recognised his strong leadership off the field and the family culture he brought to that Penrith side and how Benji is trying to translate that to this current squad. Promoting the idea of being our leader and 7 whilst also assisting to groom the highly regarded next generation coming through the ranks at the club. I don’t know much more as everything between Benji/Luai is kept pretty close to the chest, but I do hear Benji is dong a great job thus far.

One of my Penrith friends who works in membership at the club, had stated to me that Jarome is hands down the nicest person in the team and makes a really strong effort to make everyone feel together from all departments, setting the standards which everyone follows. First to put his hand up to help off-field, first to come in to training, first to greet everyone etc.

It’s looking like he’ll be a Wests Tigers player come 2025 - but this is Rugby League and until that ink is fresh on the paper it’s anyone’s game. In saying that, as Wests Tigers fans we should feel very good about our chances.

Not mail: but would be worried about a late Dragons bid with Amone being deregistered, missing out on AFB/Dearden as well. They need a big fish even more than us. However, also very unlikely.

I was under the impression Luai’s TPA had fell over and he told Penrith mid season he was changing managers at end of the season. Hang off on talks?
There was a debate mid season they may only be able to afford one of either Edwards or Luai.

I can understand Penrith wanting to get deals done with Edwards and Yeo before Nov 1. You wouldn't want all Edwards, Yeo and Luai off contract come Nov 1.

Gould and the Bullgrubs still bother me.

Reactions: 851
Jarome Luai update!

Penrith had belief that Luai would accept the increased 3 year deal - as I posted on here earlier as Luai had notified the club that 2 years wouldn’t be enough.

Luai’s management throughout all discussions with every club has prioritised security informing all interested clubs he would want a long term deal to prise him away from Penrith.

We had offered a 4 year $4.8 million deal, Luai’s management had then approached the club requesting a 5th year and assurance that this would seemingly be enough to get a deal done after Penrith increased there offer by another year. Which prompted the club to then withdraw our offer for AFB and go all in for Luai.

Bulldogs were made aware that Luai was likely going to accept a 5 year deal from the club, and had contacted Luai setting up a potential 5 year deal of their own however on anywhere from 500-750k less overall. Luai is still mulling over this but seems extremely unlikely however still an option. One thing is for certain though, and that’s Luai won’t be at Penrith in 2025.

However, the expectation is that Luai will be announced as a Wests Tigers player within the next week, unless something drastic occurs as they’re finalising some minor details. Whenever Jarome officially signs, Penrith will waive the 10 day cooling off period and it will become official.

I also posted on here a couple of days ago even as headlines were claiming that Luai may be released early - that it will would NOT happen.

Word around town though is that it’s starting to get ugly between both Penrith’s higher ups and Luai.

Apparently Luai’s management had quietly told Penrith officials he had intentions to reject their deal at the start of a training session on Saturday with the expectation he had verbally agreed to sign with the Tigers but nothing was official yet, he was just informing them he will not be accepting their offer. Luai had then found out that Penrith leaked the news out to the media pretty much instantly before he had even finished training that he was coming to us, before anything was signed especially with the Bulldogs making a late push and it has caused some frustrations as Luai has already felt disrespected by not only Cleary’s comments about leaving to play 7 elsewhere as a risk, but also something that gets covered up is that Penrith had prioritised getting deals done for both Yeo and Edwards over Luai. Only offering him whatever they had left in the cap after those 2 deals were done.

The belief is Benji’s recruitment of Luai really resonated with Jarome, as Benji had recognised his strong leadership off the field and the family culture he brought to that Penrith side and how Benji is trying to translate that to this current squad. Promoting the idea of being our leader and 7 whilst also assisting to groom the highly regarded next generation coming through the ranks at the club. I don’t know much more as everything between Benji/Luai is kept pretty close to the chest, but I do hear Benji is dong a great job thus far.

One of my Penrith friends who works in membership at the club, had stated to me that Jarome is hands down the nicest person in the team and makes a really strong effort to make everyone feel together from all departments, setting the standards which everyone follows. First to put his hand up to help off-field, first to come in to training, first to greet everyone etc.

It’s looking like he’ll be a Wests Tigers player come 2025 - but this is Rugby League and until that ink is fresh on the paper it’s anyone’s game. In saying that, as Wests Tigers fans we should feel very good about our chances.

Not mail: but would be worried about a late Dragons bid with Amone being deregistered, missing out on AFB/Dearden as well. They need a big fish even more than us. However, also very unlikely.
Penriths management must be so embarrassed to lose a quality player like him to the Tigers it would cut very deep if he does sign with the Tigers for 25 they will release him for 24

Expecting an official announcement of the Tigers deal with Luai on Friday.

No legit sources but that’s what my gut is telling me.

Api was announced on a Friday out of nowhere.

As there hasn’t been much media coverage of Luai I think it will also be done under a shroud of secrecy.

As there hasn’t been much media coverage of Luai I think it will also be done under a shroud of secrecy.
You might just get what you’ve been wishing for!

Reactions: 851

There hasn't been much media coverage of Luai?

Back