Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Heard from someone at the club that Stefano is really turning heads early in pre season. Apparently looking the fittest he has ever looked and is really standing up at training, also being a leader to the younger forwards coming through. Really positive signs so far.

Both Stefano and the club have been engaging in extension talks and it’s looking increasingly likely he’ll ink a new deal relatively soon.
Great news indeed… thank you for this news

Heard from someone at the club that Stefano is really turning heads early in pre season. Apparently looking the fittest he has ever looked and is really standing up at training, also being a leader to the younger forwards coming through. Really positive signs so far.

Both Stefano and the club have been engaging in extension talks and it’s looking increasingly likely he’ll ink a new deal relatively soon.
Could be anything if his his heart matches his fitness. Heard that about Ben Teo also. In fact. The talk will get bigger and bigger pre season. It always does. Last season was 5000 passes.

Yeh Brooks closed the gap to his outside men all the time. Tried to get around the defwnce and when he couldnt, throw a short ball to a marked man.

Very true. His crabbing towards the touch line
use to shit me up the wall. He use to squeeze
the 3 quarter line & get tackled 5 metres from
touch which generally killed the next play too.
Decent off the cuff player but terrible option
taker. Harsh, but we wasted 10 years with him
thinking he'd come good & be our general smh

Very true. His crabbing towards the touch line
use to shit me up the wall. He use to squeeze
the 3 quarter line & get tackled 5 metres from
touch which generally killed the next play too.
Decent off the cuff player but terrible option
taker. Harsh, but we wasted 10 years with him
thinking he'd come good & be our general smh
Not forgetting if your back rower playing next to you does not run the ball with enough intent, it means no defenders are being sucked in and the centre is rarely getting any one on one attacking opportunities.
That needs to change as much as anything else.

Impressive stats, but sometimes stats can be deceiving.
I watched him play closely a couple of times as I also noticed his super impressive stats and I was disappointed in what I saw.
Despite his imposing figure he only seemed to be half hearted in his hit ups out of trouble and seemed to turn like a truck when defending.
Still there are not too many outside backs with his physical attributes, we have lost our own in Junior Tupou, so he could be a good replacement and who knows how much he could improve this season.
I think I previously read he was in our sights at one stage.
If we are looking for a big powerful winger replacement for Junior Tupou, I still think Semi Valemei is the best option as he’s a very fit and strong athlete who keeps improving with each NRL game under his belt.
Vicious I like your posts usually probably because I agree with them.i think Ngutlik could replace Tupoa maybe middle of the season if he's recovered fr his acl.your probably in bed so I'll see if I get an answer in the morning.

Not forgetting if your back rower playing next to you does not run the ball with enough intent, it means no defenders are being sucked in and the centre is rarely getting any one on one attacking opportunities.
That needs to change as much as anything else.

Looking forward to bringing our 2nd rowers
back into the game with our new ½ pairing

Vicious I like your posts usually probably because I agree with them.i think Ngutlik could replace Tupoa maybe middle of the season if he's recovered fr his acl.your probably in bed so I'll see if I get an answer in the morning.
Jimmy is certainly a wild card, he’s got the prototype winger tall, strong and fast attributes and looked good for PNG before doing his ACL.
The signing of Olam could give him a confidence boost as well.

You know I love a "training the house down" story every pre-season.

Funnily enough the players that train the hardest and get themselves fitter than the rest, generally produce the better on field performances.
Yeah but we've heard this about Stef before but it really hasn't matched what he's produced on field
I.dunno what Fittler was thinking... Not sure if that Clause in his contract had anything to do with him being selected for the Blues... But he was out of his depth and I'm worried it's screwed him up a bit.mentally... Got him confused at really where he's at.
I think if a bit of late footwork at the line can be brought in to his game by the coaching staff, it would really benefit him... He's a pretty easy target at present for the defence.
Definitely needs to step up a.couple.of rungs.. I'm sure it's in him... Time for that next level Stef!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back