Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

A weak sub-standard team for 10 years? You do
realise 100 players were in and out of the team
during his tenure at the club?

Congrats on the dumbest arguement of the week…
You know why there was 100 players in and out of the team in his tenure?
- because the majority of them were shite!!
How many of them are still playing at another club?
How many other teams have turned over the same amount of players in that time - I’ll save you the research, because I know the answer…
Zero!!

How many other teams have turned over the same amount of players in that time - I’ll save you the research, because I know the answer…
Zero!!

Blah blah blah blah. Brooks thread is thataway ---->

Its the third thread down in latest posts
Thanks, was hidden from me.

Its the third thread down in latest posts

Zero!!
I’m a fan of Luke Brooks, I hope and believe he will play very well as a 6 at Manly and I wish him all the best except when he’s playing against Wests Tigers.
In better news for Wests Tigers, both Jayden Sullivan and Latu Fainu are more naturally gifted attacking players who have more to offer with ball in hand as they are much more creative with their slight of hand and ball playing, they are also better and more dangerous ball runners.
That’s no discredit to Brooks, just these 2 lads are extremely talented.
The key to them both is their focus, like most up and coming stars, they can only produce their best if they are extremely dedicated, fit and committed.

What are peoples genuine expectations now leading into 2024? For me, around the 12th to 10 would be a huge improvement. I'm not really expecting much and will let the team decide where they finish. But man, there is something different in the air this time. For the past 4 years, I've never expected much, and I usually kept very reserved about my expectations, but now hopefully we can see improvement.

What are peoples genuine expectations now leading into 2024? For me, around the 12th to 10 would be a huge improvement. I'm not really expecting much and will let the team decide where they finish. But man, there is something different in the air this time. For the past 4 years, I've never expected much, and I usually kept very reserved about my expectations, but now hopefully we can see improvement.
A too 14 finish is probably a pass mark, but top 8 is achievable.

I still think scoring points will be an issue for 2024. If we get out of the bottom four with this roster would be around par. Obviously young halves are the big unknown.

I've been really impatient with this Club, can't fathom how you can't finish in the top half, 12 years in a row. But, you have to acknowledge that we are currently bottom of the birdcage, if we can win 8-9 games in 2024, I'll be happy, and I think we genuinely make the 8 in 2025. I think we now will have better decision makers making better decisions for WT.

Im optimistic of the influence the Jarome Luai move will have on recruitment and retention into 2025.
100 percent. In terms of on field performance 1.2 mill might be too much, but including the culture change he brings, his leadership abilities and potential to attract other players of higher calibre to sign on or stay for unders 1.2 mill is a deadset bargain for us.

At the risk of being told to go to the silver tails forum, I think he’ll prove a few of you wrong this year.
Not really dude . Every mistake will be the biggest mistake to ever happen and every thing he does well will be someone else’s praise .
Rightly or wrongly he has to play almost origin level to have any chance of breaking the wider NRL community opinion - that he’s shit
Not my opinion FYI

With Luai our current squad are prob top 8 in 25, that's just with what we have now. This year though prob bottom 4 I'd say 14th or 15th. I can live with that on the condition we are giving the younger guys exposure and experience and are setting things up for when Luai does arrive. If we can win 8 - 10 games that would be an awesome achievement. Possible as we wernt really badly beaten too often last year just couldn't get the ball over the line.

I still think scoring points will be an issue for 2024. If we get out of the bottom four with this roster would be around par. Obviously young halves are the big unknown.
Hoping we have a new backline, Toa might be the only stayer for me…
I'll be frank that I cannot consider someone a true Balmain / Wests Tigers man if he pays money to be the main sponsor of another club.

At least Lee H put most of his money into Tigers before any other club sponsorship.
The old man Laundy isn’t the one throwing money at footy teams for mine - or he’d been doing it for longer…
It’s the boys…
guessing they’re not Tigers fans

I feel with all the changes going vibe at the club and around the players could be a good kick for them , it’s a new everything , positive thinking can always help , we looked beaten before games last year , warm ups were lethargic, we have upgraded our halves , made some good solid recruitment in Bud , Sezer , Olam , Fanui , couple good prospects in the lower grade , I also look for an improved Papi , Bateman , Bulla , Stef , Staines , Big Klemmer will just do his normal work which is always solid , I feel a top 10/12 could happen but a solid start 3 from 5 we could play into a top 8 spot , confidence and believe in them self’s

Everything must be judged in its context, so we shall compare our performance in defence and attack with 2022/23. Will we have more line breaks, meters run, repeat sets, assistances, offloads, more tries scored, less let-in, and most importantly, many more games won?
Many of us can "see that light", but is it the end of the tunnel or just an incoming locomotive? Hopefully, we will enjoy the ride. :D
"Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead?"🐅💪

Back