Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I have never understood the fascination for Simpkin on here,to me he always suffered from white line fever and on the rare times he passed the ball it was awful
By my recollection, he’s played 2 good games. His debut, and against Parra in 2022 before he got injured. He’s a bit like Doueihi in the fact his path is too blocked to have any kind of future at our club. If TDS lives up to expectations, he should be ready for full time first grade by the time Api hangs them up.

Reactions: 851
Was it partly their fault?
I was of the belief when Manly and Norths merged to make the Northern Eagles, if ever the joint venture was to fail, the licence would revert back to Manly.
The Norths side actually signed this.

Then not long after we were all shocked beyond belief that the joint venture failed. And Manly ended up with the license.

A bigger con job I can’t remember

Yea that is the case I think, but the fans....the fans... Imagine our management did that to us? We would be desperate for another chance. One strike of a pen by some moron who just happened to be in charge at the most crucial time in the clubs history....so bad for the fans.

Was it partly their fault?
I was of the belief when Manly and Norths merged to make the Northern Eagles, if ever the joint venture was to fail, the licence would revert back to Manly.
The Norths side actually signed this.

Then not long after we were all shocked beyond belief that the joint venture failed. And Manly ended up with the license.

A bigger con job I can’t remember
From memory the stadium was 9mths over due,from rain which made a stand alone Bears void,and ,your right,con job,manly blocked all progress to embrace the C Coast

so what does everyone think we need next in regards to signings? outside backs? middles, backrowers? a 13 perhaps, or another hooker with Simpkin leaving?

I'm curious. give me names of guys off contract and how you see them fitting into a WT context.

so what does everyone think we need next in regards to signings? outside backs? middles, backrowers? a 13 perhaps, or another hooker with Simpkin leaving?

I'm curious. give me names of guys off contract and how you see them fitting into a WT context.
We’re still short of a quality/marquee outside back.

Reactions: 851
Picturesque ground but was never a fan of watching footy there due to the angle of the field and parking was a nightmare.
Never been to North Sydney oval so I would at least go once if I ever get the chance to, but given how the ground is shaped, I can believe what you say. Was a lot of the old grounds like Belmore and Redfern like that as well?

What are our goal kicking options this year
Api, Sezer, Doueihi (although very very unlikely to even play first grade this year I reckon unless we’ve got no choice), I think Sullivan has kicked goals before but not 100% sure on that.

Younger members of the forum may not realise that a couple of the grandstands at North Sydney oval were relocated there during upgrades to the SCG( many, many years ago). Recycling at its finest.
I was just corrected on that , one stand called the Bob Stand was relocated from the SCG and the others were new builds in an old style.

Back