Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I don't think AD has a problem making the right decisions and being in the right place in defence ,he just has zero technique and regularly gets swatted away. He's not a dummy like Nof.
He's fixable.
His problem is decision making. He turns his shoulders in all the time. His technique when he is fully committed is fine, he just can't stay square or slide.

Worth his weight in gold at that modest sum.
Was bandied around as captain material not
so long ago. Experienced & can play multiple
positions. Provided he stays fit of course. I'd
offer him 1yr 300k with games played triggers
No way douhie must go.

I'd really love AD to come back and and prove the majority wrong. There was a time
he was a weapon for us. But geez, after his last comeback and not really having a locked
down a position. Hard to be flushed with confidence.
It's good that there is no room for him at 6 or 1. It really makes it easier for him to apply his trade at centre.

I am with you das. I hope he proves everyone wrong. We need a top line centre and I think he has it in him. I would almost look to extend him if he's willing to be on a low wage next year. Because, if he gets injured again, I dare say he would be medically retired and we'll be able to free it up.

He loves the club and I want us to keep his passion.

Flanagan has come out and said that Bird & Suli will be playing centre with Sloan at fullback. This leaves Lomax as the odd man out on the wing. There's speculation he will be pushing for a release as he sees himself as a centre at the very least. There are also rumours that Flanagan doesn't think Lomax is worth the coin he is on, which would make sense if Lomax will be playing wing (He is on around 700k per season)
Flanno is right he aint worth $ 700 k , but would be a good payer beside Ollam in the centres

Reactions: 851
Flanno is right he aint worth $ 700 k , but would be a good payer beside Ollam in the centres
I would pay 500 - 600k for him though, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were willing to chip in 200k a season in order to free up the other 500k.

Something new to add to the Lomax discussion, it was looking like he was going to be shifted to the wing but Manly just release Tuipulotu to go to Stg. Will be interesting to see how they line up in round 1, Lomax could end up at 14.

I don't think AD has a problem making the right decisions and being in the right place in defence ,he just has zero technique and regularly gets swatted away. He's not a dummy like Nof.
He's fixable.
On his day he’s a strong dominant defender, that proves it’s mind over matter for him.
Like quite a few others, I still think he can be a big asset to us if he comes back in the right head space.

We have players to re-sign and good young prospects coming through we want to retain. Lomax won't leave the Dragons and even if he did, I would not want the club to buy him and undo all the good work the club has done on Pathways. I have no doubt Richardson, Marshall and co know this well. .
Everyone has put these kids on pedestals, they have done nothing so far , for me untill they get into NSW cup and start killing it there , I say we don’t have anything, on the other hand bula and pole came throw with out much fan fare , maybe we need to lay of the kids till they prove themselves

Everyone has put these kids on pedestals, they have done nothing so far , for me untill they get into NSW cup and start killing it there , I say we don’t have anything, on the other hand bula and pole came throw with out much fan fare , maybe we need to lay of the kids till they prove themselves
I can see where you’re coming from, but you must understand young emerging players automatically create their own hype when they are big standouts, winning competitions etc in the younger grades.
Just like the NRL it’s not easy winning junior rep or schoolboy competitions and it’s not easy to be selected in junior rep NSW or Australian Schoolboy teams.
Sure plenty of the standouts do not progress to become good or great quality NRL players, but in recent times there has been a decent percentage of them that do so.
Also not discounting the players physical attributes whether that be size, strength, speed, agility, endurance along with their natural talent.
Some of our emerging players are in the elite class in some of the above categories which gives them a fighting chance to become good or great NRL players sooner or later.

Last edited:
It is a double-edged sword in that if you don't make provision in your cap/roster spots for them another club will do it. Richardson and Marshall will be well-aware of where these players are at and I back their judgement. Laying off these young men, not kids, will result in only one outcome which will not be good for WTs. Pole was a well known junior talent and I certainly had Bula as an NRL player before Sheens made those comments. I am not a super judge of talent but it was obvious these young men would play NRL.

It is a double-edged sword in that if you don't make provision in your cap/roster spots for them another club will do it. Richardson and Marshall will be well-aware of where these players are at and I back their judgement. Laying off these young men, not kids, will result in only one outcome which will not be good for WTs. Pole was a well known junior talent and I certainly had Bula as an NRL player before Sheens made those comments. I am not a super judge of talent but it was obvious these young men would play NRL.
Not saying don’t encourage them but if a class player comes available at the right price I think we should take him , if ur winning the kids will want to stay and play with winners not losers

A problem with "no young player in the NRL, until they prove themselves in the NSW cop" is that it nearly guarantee that most of them will go elsewhere! :cry: And we would certainly lost Bula and Pole!

Not saying don’t encourage them but if a class player comes available at the right price I think we should take him , if ur winning the kids will want to stay and play with winners not losers
That's fine and I am confident RIchardson and Marshall will make the correct decisions.

Latest posts

Back