Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I wonder how Richo is going to build a "war chest" over the next 3 months. With a cap, the only way to do that is through releasing players or restructuring contracts. Unless we don't have enough cash to meet the cap?

Makes no sense to me.
Could be bringing in more 3rd party money. Like the top end of town do. Even though clubs have to be arms length away and not allowed to organise them, they always do. How else can they explain finding a 3rd party deal for a player whenever they need one.

Market Watch: Dolphins chase Kulikefu Finefeuiaki, which could send Stefano Utoikamanu to Storm​

Wayne Bennett’s play for a talented Cowboys second-rower could set off a chain of events which see Wests Tigers prop Stefano Utoikamanu end up in Storm colours.
Brent Read, Michael Carayannis and Travis Meyn

The Dolphins are believed to be weighing up a multimillion dollar play for North Queensland back rower Kulikefu Finefeuiaki in a move that could have serious ramifications for two of their interstate rivals.
Finefeuiaki, off contract at the end of this season, is believed to be open to a switch of clubs after finding himself trapped behind Heilum Luki and Jeremiah Nanai for a starting spot at the Cowboys.
Sources close to the Cowboys confirmed they were bracing for the Dolphins to step up their pursuit of Finefeuiaki after their Queensland rivals failed with a mega-bid for Luki.

The Dolphins are eyeing Kulikefu Finefeuiaki. Picture: Mark Nolan/Getty Images
Luki, who entrenched himself as one of North Queensland’s starting second rowers with a big performance against the Dolphins on Sunday afternoon. is expected to confirm a long-term deal with the Cowboys this week.
The Dragons were also monitoring Finefeuiaki but dropped off when they signed Luciano Leilua from the Cowboys. The Dolphins have now moved into pole position, although this masthead understands they are yet to make a formal offer for the 20-year-old.
Finefeuiaki made his first grade debut for the Cowboys last season and has chalked up 13 games in the top grade, scoring two tries and stamping himself as one of the most promising forwards in the game.

Stefano Utoikamanu has a get-out clause at the Tigers. Picture: Mark Evans/Getty Images
However, he has had to sit behind Luai and Jeremiah Nanai, both of whom have committed to the Cowboys on long-term deals.
The Dolphins would offer Finefeuiaki a starting spot next season as well as the chance to move back to southeast Queensland – he went to school in Ipswich after moving to Australia at the age of 11.
His future is set to have an impact for Melbourne and the Wests Tigers. The Cowboys are believed to be monitoring Storm back rower Jack Howarth, having identified him as a player who could help replenish their back row stocks should they need more depth in the position.

Jack Howarth is struggling to get time at the Storm. Picture: Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images
Howarth, is signed to a long-term deal in Melbourne but has struggled to crack the starting side, having played only one game in first grade.

Should the Cowboys step up their interest and the Storm allow him to leave, it would free up salary cap space for Melbourne to launch a bid for Wests Tigers prop Stefano Utoikamanu.
Utoikamanu has a clause in his contract which allows him to leave at the end of the season should the Tigers fail to make the finals.
It is understood the Storm are watching developments with Utoikamanu closely as they look to add strength to their front row.
Then NAS to us 🤣

Reactions: 851
I don't think any club would be that stupid to swap a player of Lomax's calibre for Jake Simpkin lol. If Lomax gets released its for 2025 but he will finish the year a Dragon... happy to be proven wrong tho 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
I think you're right. there won't be any shortage of suitors though. Parramatta, Easts, Melbourne and WT would all have a look at him I feel.

If there's any coach Benji would be willing to take a backseat for it'd be Bennett.
How do yiu know this?
Just a hunch?

I doubt Benji would take a backseat and there's no way the club would chase. Bennett after the support they shown benji

Last thing we need is to go back to square one season hasn't even started for us

How do journalists get taken seriously after something as ambiguous as this?
Stefano Utoikamanu has a get-out clause at the Tigers. Picture: Mark Evans/Getty Images
However, he has had to sit behind Luai and Jeremiah Nanai, both of whom have committed to the Cowboys on long-term deals.

There are three supposed Journalists state that Luai has committed to the Cowboys from their article . Maybe if they checked and read their own rubbish it would be LUKI who committed not Luai.

I know we have signed some dumb contracts in our time, but we signed him to a four year extension after he had done nothing for two years. Boggles my mind to this day.
He had more drink driving charges than hit ups.

• Haha
Reactions: 851
I don't think any club would be that stupid to swap a player of Lomax's calibre for Jake Simpkin lol. If Lomax gets released its for 2025 but he will finish the year a Dragon... happy to be proven wrong tho 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Obviously it would not be a contract for contract swap and we would have to take a fair hunk of Lomax’s contract. I guess Simkins might be offered to try and get the deal over the line. For us it would be good because we don’t lose a roster spot and the Dragons they lose a big contract and gain a modest contract..win win

I dont understand Simpkin when they have Liddell. Apologies guys for spelling mistakes.

OUTDATED AND UNRELIABLE: LIDDELL

Latest posts

Staff online

Back