Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I've heard today that Simpkin has not been shopped around.

This was from his father.

Not sure how that impact the Lomax rumor.
Thank You Kelche. Inside information. I guess my question. At what stage apart.from injuries, State of Origin, playing for Australia and his own country, retirement, where does Simpkin fit in alongside Api. Both great players.

Do you ring a players father and go “hey we’re gunna shop your Simplekin son around to whoever takes the bait” ?

It’s a strange one as you really need three 9’s in your top 30.
Simpkin plays well, but he’s not going to be in a better position at any other NRL club.
As highly as I rate Da Silva, he’s not ready play 80 minutes at NRL level if Api misses any games.
A Simpkin and Da Silva rotation will be required whenever Api misses games.

It’s a strange one as you really need three 9’s in your top 30.
Simpkin plays well, but he’s not going to be in a better position at any other NRL club.
As highly as I rate Da Silva, he’s not ready play 80 minutes at NRL level if Api misses any games.
A Simpkin and Da Silva rotation will be required whenever Api misses games.
Next season I can see our hookers in the top 30 being Api, TDS & Bailey Hodges (watch this kid fly this season!)

Probably extremely unlikely, unpopular, and I don’t like the guy but Matterson can’t make Parra’s starting side and would be a far better 13 than any of our options.
There is still a stigma that starting on the bench is a demotion. It’s actually becoming very strategic to name certain players on the bench. I think Matterson is an example of that.

I reakon the trade will happen for next year there is no way dragons are going to release there first choice goal kicker and there is no way we will release our back up hooker who will be on the bench most games

Thank You Kelche. Inside information. I guess my question. At what stage apart.from injuries, State of Origin, playing for Australia and his own country, retirement, where does Simpkin fit in alongside Api. Both great players.
Good squad player AHX. Can do a job when needed, has a bit of versatility and is capable of 100 NRL games in my opinion.

Certainly not a superstar, but every club needs these types of players.

Back