Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Latu will force his way in somewhere once he's back.

Bud will be lucky to see out the season in my opinion.

Hooked after 45 odd minutes in the first game, yikes.
If he doesn't perform off the bench this Saturday
& Latu gets through KOE unscathed, Bud will be hard
pressed 2 get that 14 jersey back off of young Latu
provided he got a look in. If not it'll probably be Jake

NSW cup player of the year for magpies, and we send him on his way.
Wasn’t given enough game time, and when he was in those three games, he played good. Haven’t seen anyone hit holes the way he does for the tigers for a while

Was then replaced by Justin Olam, a proven winner…

Where’s the problem?

Reactions: 851
I get the size as a concern he is 10kgs under Murray & 20kgs under Yeo/Hopgood etc

Reality is we have the roster we have and we just need to get these kids playing in their position whilst we uplift other areas around them.

Agree on the load but even him at lock for 50-60mins would be a launchpad for him and better than anyone else we have on the books as a lock if he can handle the week to week runnings.

I’m focusing more on 25 than 24 results as think this year is a clear development focus year as such getting people into their 25 positions & combos is important jump starting it this season rather than next.
Need to play a style & game plans that suit the talent we have. I'm sure Galvin will fill out more yet, but we still need more firepower in front to make use of the type of 13 he might become. As for control issues, we'll potentially have 3 alpha footballers (Luai, Fainu, Galvin) all keen to steer the ship. Pay 'em enough & give them all enough input & we can make it work.

Galvin would need to move to Lock or an edge. I wouldn't be tempted to shift him to centre, mainly because he won't see enough ball. He would then offer cover for the halves during games or injuries/suspensions.

Latu isn't as versatile. I think you can have all 3 on the field in this structure.

The issue is that halves get lots of money, so would be be willing to sit at 13?
I reckon you pay your best players accordingly, regardless of position. The bigger issue might be satisfying their ambitions to run the team.

Reactions: 851
Was then replaced by Justin Olam, a proven winner…

Where’s the problem?
Josh feledy, Charlie stains, doughi, there’s a couple players that could have gone before him lol anyways, we gonna get another spoon so who cares haha. There’s a reason Craig let olam leave Melbourne!

Where is Hastings playing this week?

Luai will be first picked in the halves each week next year, Latu & Galvin will be fighting for 6/utility/lock/resting Api.
We would’ve been in the 8 last year with hastings at 7, api at 9, brooks at 6.

See how long he stays out of the team for before claiming one week as a point of justification lol

We would’ve been in the 8 last year with hastings at 7, api at 9, brooks at 6.

See how long he stays out of the team for before claiming one week as a point of justification lol
Nah JH is a bit of a myth. Last year was all KP and the coach has basically just admitted that having signed Cogger and given him 2 weeks.

I just think you have to be realistic about the capabilities of this current squad and the unlikelihood of Benji being the bloke with the magic wand - assuming he will be the next person who fans are most likely to target.
There are too many individuals that are contributing to the failure on the field to expect one person off the field to fix it - especially when the teams that we oppose are all better, and week in week out expose our weaknesses.

We can compete for parts of games but can't defend our errors against stronger faster teams. If we don't get a fair share of possession and field position we will lose.
All comes back to roster - retention and recruitment which our club consistently for years has failed at, and still there are a number of players being paid too much money for output. Recipe for failure.
Brooks in a good system not a different player just got a better team around him. It's always been a bigger problem than anyone person can fix no matter who you target as most likely.
Unless Benji gets hit with a lightning bolt miracle pretty soon from the Big Fella up there in the sky, we're going to come last 'again'.

I just don't get it, as Benji said he would pick the blokes to play that showed their best at training.
But when they get out on the field to play that 'best' evaporates.
No blood and guts, no determination, wont jump for the ball and back away from tackling the big blokes.

As @innsaneink said "it's depressing", boring and just plain embarrassing now to be a WT fan.
I wouldn't be surprised if WT set a new record of being the only team since the inception of R.L. in Aust. to be the only team to come last 3 years in a row.

From the eight games Balmain Tigers, Wests Magpies and WT played last weekend, we won either 1 or 2 games, with the points scored against us being either 3 or 4 times as many as we scored.

I wonder if there is one single person out there that is rich enough [or stupid enough maybe] to become a 'member' of WT if next weekend's game [or games] is another debacle?

We don’t run on to the ball, it’s like we all stand in a line and play hot potato from one edge to the other. It started with Madge and we’re still doing it. Actually I don’t think we run with any gusto in A or D?
Gusto :unsure: such a very polite way [from a polite and decent bloke] to describe our running in A or D.
I would have used another G word such as g.....s.

Nah JH is a bit of a myth. Last year was all KP and the coach has basically just admitted that having signed Cogger and given him 2 weeks.
We’ll see how it unfolds

KP was inconsistent before JH arrived and provided a steady half back role.

Yeah he didn’t score and setup all the tries like KP did.

But the biggest value in any team in the NRL is having a steady organizing half who can get the team around and kick to the corners in the 5th

With teams quite even and momentum so hard to pull back and lots of tries now from the rules, having a half who can just pass and kick can grind the other team down.

That’s my point.

I’m not in love with JH. I know he’s slow and a downer for team mates.

But he grinds teams down, with boring, predictable plays, which then allows KP to do his thing.

My guess is he’ll be back in the team… because he’s a competitor and Newcastle before he came along didn’t have that in the team.

Happy to be proven wrong but let’s come back to this debate by round 15 and see where the knights are

Latest posts

Staff online

Back