Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We will need them both in our top 13 by 2025 at the latest.

For me:

6. Fainu
7. Sezer/Luai 2025
13. Galvin

Fill the rest of the forwards with more Stef/S Fainu body types.

Too early to move Galvin yet though.

For this season by the end of the year I expect to see both Galvin and Fainu as our halves. Normally young halves are a recipe for disaster but both of these guys have very good footy brains already.
Good post but don’t think you can put Galvin/Luai, especially after the money we’ve thrown at Luai.
Personally I don’t see him as a 7 so there is a bit of reorganisation to be done before next season. And then we’ll have Sullivan and Sezer in the KOE, although I think Sezer is a one year deal.

Chalk and cheese mate…
Thought Galvin was probably a bit eager - but from what I’ve seen, he’s very tenacious… and looks like he’ll kick scratch and crawl for a win.
He’ll just need to find that balance and calm inside himself…
He pulled through the line plenty I thought, had some nice touches and plenty of things to improve on as you’d expect (and he seemed aware of)

He actually reminded me a bit of a Jono Thurston… not the game / skill obviously, but just that desire to be in everything / everywhere…
giving 110% on every play and trying his guts out to change the result…
he’s got a way to go, but there’s a lot to like - he’ll be hard to hold onto!!
yeah I thought similar being super nitpicky. he tried to take the line on a few times and sorta forgot he was playing NRL and the play broke down, and if he just committed defenders and threw the ball wide there might’ve been space on the flanks.

but to be completely fair to the young fella his last competitive game was a Schoolboys match and that was always bound to happen. from what I’ve seen he’s a very quick learner and chances are he’ll make adjustments very quickly. as you said he’s tenacious and high effort, as well as being highly talented. we got a good’un.

yeah I thought similar being super nitpicky. he tried to take the line on a few times and sorta forgot he was playing NRL and the play broke down, and if he just committed defenders and threw the ball wide there might’ve been space on the flanks.

but to be completely fair to the young fella his last competitive game was a Schoolboys match and that was always bound to happen. from what I’ve seen he’s a very quick learner and chances are he’ll make adjustments very quickly. as you said he’s tenacious and high effort, as well as being highly talented. we got a good’un.
His first game fellas, cut him some slack. He’s still got lots of learning to do but he’s a goer !

Different people have different needs WETR.
Plenty of people out there that aren't loyal to their husband/wife/life partner.
I could never follow another team. I found it hard enough following the same team basically, with only a different name.
Some people need more than being loyal to a pathetic football team that doesn't seem to repay that loyalty by busting there gut every game.
I guess I'm a two timer ie. I follow Wests Tigers but still love my Mighty Wests Magpies and I wish them all the very best.
I'm an old Maggie myself too mate but I fell in love with WT's from day dot

We aren't chasing any junior it's one of our own Heamasi Makasini. Club seems to be doing whatever it can to keep him here long term which is great news !!! Kid is a absolute gun.

Heamasi Makasini, one of the best juniors coming through our system at the moment.

Currently playing for the Magpies U/17’s Harold Matthews side (undefeated and in 1st place after seven rounds).

Also plays Union for Australia in his age group, so WT are trying to stave off them, as well as a number of other NRL clubs.

The Wests Tigers powerbrokers have moved to secure one of the hottest league prospects in the country in a bid to stave off not only rival clubs but rugby union.
The Tigers are working hard to secure local junior and Western Suburbs Magpies Harold Matthews (under-17s) star Heamasi Makasini before he hits the market and held a meeting with the teenager on Tuesday night.

The Tigers rolled out powerbrokers NRL coach Benji Marshall, CEO Shane Richardson and general manager of football Matthew Betsey for the meeting, where the club’s plans for Makasini’s development were mapped out.

The meeting was also an opportunity for Makasini’s parents to tour the Tigers’ newly built centre of excellence as they weigh up their son’s future.

Makasini will become a free agent from Round 6 in 2025, which is the final year of his deal at Concord, but the club is well aware a long list of rival outfits will be ready to pounce when the goalkicking centre hits the open market.

Under the new CBA rules a developed player does not become a free agent until Round 6 of the final year of a contract. The rule is designed to give clubs the best shot at retaining rising talent.

Already, the phone of the youngster’s manager, Mario Tartak, has been running hot with NRL clubs enquiring about Makasini’s contract status.

Makasini has been a key cog in the Magpies run to the top of the Harold Matthews ladder, where the hulking centre has 68 points from seven tries and 20 goals in the opening seven rounds of the season.

The youngster’s highlight reel is an impressive showcase of his powerful running, tackle busting and big hits in defence.

Betsey told this masthead the club is prioritising its pathways talent like Makasini to ensure the Tigers’ best youngsters have a pathway from junior representative leagues into the NRL program.

Heamasi Makasini (centre) with his father Mosese (left) and Tigers coach Benji Marshall (right). Picture: Instagram

“Heamasi is a promising young local junior coming through our system. Richo has been on the record saying we are a development club and we want to continue to connect with all the players coming through the pathways, particularly the talented ones. We do that regularly,” Betsey said.

“We are starting to see the Lachlan Galvins come through, the green shoots of our pathways. Our pathways has been successful in the last few years and we want our players to understand they’re a part of that success moving forward.”

Makasini was invited to take part in a number of NRL training sessions over the summer outside of his high school commitments.

There is a view the youngster could be catapulted into the Tigers NRL program with a debut on the cards within the next 18 months.

A year 11 student at Newington College, Makasini is also a rising rugby union prospect in the GPS program.

Late last year, the powerful outside back was selected in the Australian under-16s side and is part of the Waratahs pathways system.

Looking at our deficiencies, my wishlist to recruit for next season are ... Zac Lomax (right centre), Jazz Tevaga (lock or bench utility to cover lock/hooker), James Schiller (wing) & Euan Aitken (bench utility for backrow/centre).

Lomax, Tevaga & Aitken would bring experience & all reportedly lead efforts in training. Tevaga would be a club replacement for Simpkin & provide relief for Api during the game, allow TDS to continue to build reps in Cup. Aitken low cost like-for-like for Kepaoa.

Schiller brings speed, x-factor & power. We should be in a position to offer more than Raiders to bring him across.
Yes to the first three. No to Aitken. He's absolutely trash

Good post but don’t think you can put Galvin/Luai, especially after the money we’ve thrown at Luai.
Personally I don’t see him as a 7 so there is a bit of reorganisation to be done before next season. And then we’ll have Sullivan and Sezer in the KOE, although I think Sezer is a one year deal.
Not sure what you mean because Luai is obviously first picked.

We will have 3 very good 6s in 2025 and we have to try and fit all of them in the team.

Sezer will be gone in 2025 and Sullivan will be stuck in NSW cup IMO.

Yes to the first three. No to Aitken. He's absolutely trash
He has value as a low cost experienced 2nd row/centre utility for 2 seasons max. I thought he performed well in the backrow at the Warriors a couple of seasons ago. I'm not suggesting him as a 1st 13 player but he brings experience, work ethic at training and is better defensively than Kepaoa (who he would be replacing). My other thinking is his spot then goes to one of pathways players in 2 seasons so it's not long-term.

The Wests Tigers powerbrokers have moved to secure one of the hottest league prospects in the country in a bid to stave off not only rival clubs but rugby union.
The Tigers are working hard to secure local junior and Western Suburbs Magpies Harold Matthews (under-17s) star Heamasi Makasini before he hits the market and held a meeting with the teenager on Tuesday night.

Already, the phone of the youngster’s manager, Mario Tartak, has been running hot with NRL clubs enquiring about Makasini’s contract status.

Seems to be a lot of info coming out of a club with 'No Leaks'?
Another kid into the top 30 next year by the looks....

Back