Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Did Ritchie actually post that roadmap of there strategy to turn club around, for members only on their website? Would like to see it if anyone knows

Egan Butcher surely must be getting frustrated.

He’s behind Wong, Tupouniua, Critchon and Nat Butcher. Don’t see how he locks down a spot.

He’s a starting calibre player right now. I’d be giving him a call and trying to get him to take Seyfarth’s spot in the team or at least make it onto our bench.

The kid is a diamond in the rough.
what do you mean “give him a call and try to get him“?

Are they allowed to approach him ? Looks like will have to wait until the end of this season as signed through to end 2025 ..

Also.. a lot of these guys may prefer waiting for an opportunity at the Roosters then coming here playing in a well beaten side each week…

what do you mean “give him a call and try to get him“?

Are they allowed to approach him ? Looks like will have to wait until the end of this season as signed through to end 2025 ..

Also.. a lot of these guys may prefer waiting for an opportunity at the Roosters then coming here playing in a well beaten side each week…
you can certainly make "quiet" approaches to player managers who then pass it onto the club and player in question, that's how these conversations start and anti-tampering rules are alleviated...

the Butcher's are Eastern Suburbs through and through. we went pretty close to signing Egan last time but his love for the club kept him there. he'd walk into our starting 13 backwards, but I doubt we'll be able to prise him out of Bondi.

He's been rated highly for a while. Do you think he's overtaken Large as the top u/17 player at the club?
I still think Large is rated higher by the club and is seen in many ways as our future crowning jewel, similar to how it was when we lured him back from Easts.

I'm going to try and avoid hyperbole, but given his physical attributes, his ballplaying ability and the position he plays I do believe that he is of a higher priority than Makasini, because let's face it, spine players have a far bigger sway on results than outside backs.

Makasini has arguably made a much bigger impact on junior rep competitions, but the club know what they're sitting on with Onitoni. there's a reason why he was doing training sessions in the halves and in the centres during the school holidays. let's hope his mate is going to follow suit in due course.

I still think Large is rated higher by the club and is seen in many ways as our future crowning jewel, similar to how it was when we lured him back from Easts.

I'm going to try and avoid hyperbole, but given his physical attributes, his ballplaying ability and the position he plays I do believe that he is of a higher priority than Makasini, because let's face it, spine players have a far bigger sway on results than outside backs.

Makasini has arguably made a much bigger impact on junior rep competitions, but the club know what they're sitting on with Onitoni. there's a reason why he was doing training sessions in the halves and in the centres during the school holidays. let's hope his mate is going to follow suit in due course.

You'd think the club would be Looking at a spine of
Bula
Large
Galvin
Da Silva

Long term...

you can certainly make "quiet" approaches to player managers who then pass it onto the club and player in question, that's how these conversations start and anti-tampering rules are alleviated...

the Butcher's are Eastern Suburbs through and through. we went pretty close to signing Egan last time but his love for the club kept him there. he'd walk into our starting 13 backwards, but I doubt we'll be able to prise him out of Bondi.

you did originally mention speaking to the player directly …but appreciate you may have not meant this literally…Im sure this happens with approaches through agents … but it’s a fine line to walk … and if there is any club the NRL would make an example of for tampering then it’s the Tigers ..

I see comments like this regularly though … “player X is in NSW Cup… he could walk into our team so let’s try try to get him here” … does coming here necessarily improve a players prospects particularly when they are under contract still for several years at a successful club…? They certainly won’t be a part of any premiership winning teams playing at the Tigers ..getting belted most weeks ..and they can always have prospects of promotion through injuries and form drops from players ahead of them at their current club.

Yeah just brush Luai. No future.

As a matter of fact, my son is 6 and goes ok.

6. Baby Tito

You know what Long Term is right?
And that Onitoni is about 16 Right?

Luai is here for 5 Years, Onitoni be 21/22 at the end of that...
Luai be 31/32....

Best get the titolater out to help with the math...

You know what Long Term is right?
And that Onitoni is about 16 Right?

Luai is here for 5 Years, Onitoni be 21/22 at the end of that...
Luai be 31/32....

Best get the titolater out to help with the math...
Luau will play till his late 30s….

Baby Tito!

Back