Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I wouldn't want him at Lock....
They made a good point on the Footy Show the other night where they said
"He has too many touches for someone who doesn't do much with them" and that he's
"Not really a threat with the ball in hand" or words to that effect....

Keeping busy isn't always keeping productive....
He'll be fine, He'll get back somewhere you'd think?

I wouldn’t either, he came and left we have moved on. I was just responding to the comment around a swap how could he fit as it wouldn’t be in the halves.

I have commented on his volume metrics and over playing his role when he was here - wasn’t a fan.

I wouldn't want him at Lock....
They made a good point on the Footy Show the other night where they said
"He has too many touches for someone who doesn't do much with them" and that he's
"Not really a threat with the ball in hand" or words to that effect....

Keeping busy isn't always keeping productive....
He'll be fine, He'll get back somewhere you'd think?
You mean all the same stuff you could've read on the Forum when he was with us?
A half has to have the potential to do damage with the ball in his hands.
Hastings makes decisions easy for the defence.

I'm thinking if Latu starts hot in Cup that they will find space for him at 6 and move Galvin out to the centres. Not forgetting Latu was considered the one who was further along in his development out of the 2.

Why not?

I'm amazed at how quickly people have forgotten about Latu - he was hailed as the messiah when first signed.
Latu will be in the first grade squad before we know it. Unfortunately I think Sullivan's days are already numbered and he will become an expensive KOE half (for the next 4 years - well done management).

Reactions: 851
Why not?

I'm amazed at how quickly people have forgotten about Latu - he was hailed as the messiah when first signed.
The kids played one NRL game and you want to switch him to a position he’s never played. If you want Latu in the side then Galvin goes 🤷‍♂️

Latu will be in the first grade squad before we know it. Unfortunately I think Sullivan's days are already numbered and he will become an expensive KOE half (for the next 4 years - well done management).
I'm not ready to write Sullivan off just yet but some massive improvement is needed. IF Latu is as good as it was made out they will find room for him. To me this is a much better and more balanced backline:

1) Bula
2) Naden
3) Olam
4) Galvin
5) Staines/Tupou/Lobb (all sub part imo)
6) Fainu
7) Sezar

agree think Sullivan will be a 500k Magpies player but at the time the club had no Brooks and an injured AD and at that stage were not sure on getting Luai
club needs to offer up Sullivan and take the hit and move him on at end of the year maybe we need to pay 300k of his 500k to move him off the books

Two 18 year old halves would be just about unheard of I am guessing? Not against it if they are killing it. big problems when Luai arrives next year on a million dollars though.
I don’t really see a problem it’s a shoot out to see who’s going to partner him in the half’s nothing wrong with abit of healthy competition

I reckon we go four straight then and be the outright record holders!!!
I have to agree with you t40.
I'd be over the moon though if we were able to go one off the bottom.
Imo I've been fairly positive about our Team since I've been on the Forum, but I've given this year away already.
I'll certainly continue to watch on Kayo, but I can't see there being any joy.
If Benji and our coaching team are the real deal, they should have been able to instill more confidence and unity in the players than what they displayed last weekend.
If our next game is just as bad, imo the season is over, we'll be last again.

Latest posts

Back