Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

What do you budding Wests Tigers recruiters believe would be a salary to get Sunia Turuva to the Tigers that is too good for him to refuse without us overpaying?

Whilst we can't offer him 1st choice fullback, we can offer him the opportunity to nail our right centre position! Strong & powerful metre-eating line-breaking centre with good defence.

Penrith are reported to not be able to offer more than $350k and obviously have to weigh in his love for that club & potential more premierships in the short term.

NRL rookie of the year, premiership player, Fiji test player & Api's cousin!

What do you budding Wests Tigers recruiters believe would be a salary to get Sunia Turuva to the Tigers that is too good for him to refuse without us overpaying?

Whilst we can't offer him 1st choice fullback, we can offer him the opportunity to nail our right centre position! Strong & powerful metre-eating line-breaking centre with good defence.

Penrith are reported to not be able to offer more than $350k and obviously have to weigh in his love for that club & potential more premierships in the short term.

NRL rookie of the year, premiership player, Fiji test player & Api's cousin!
Not more than $450k and 3 yrs

The emergence of guys like Makasini & Large & Luke Lualili'i through the juniors means we can actually insert guys in those positions through free agency that are toward the end of their career instead of in their prime years, and get the value of experience blended in.

2 guys that might just fit the bill in the short term are Gagai & Addo-Carr, and both are reasonably realistic targets.

Neither would hamper the development of Large, Makasini, Lualili'i, Lobb etc as eventual wingers or centres, but offer short term upgrades with players that are clearly declining elites.

I'd be reluctant to invest much into centre right now as Olam is a great fit, Makasini will eventually fit that role & Fataape looks a good prospect. Not even mentioning the likes of Feledy & Saukuru or even Large if centre is his eventual position. I'm not 100% convinced Galvin doesn't end up out there as it is.

The emergence of guys like Makasini & Large & Luke Lualili'i through the juniors means we can actually insert guys in those positions through free agency that are toward the end of their career instead of in their prime years, and get the value of experience blended in.

2 guys that might just fit the bill in the short term are Gagai & Addo-Carr, and both are reasonably realistic targets.

Neither would hamper the development of Large, Makasini, Lualili'i, Lobb etc as eventual wingers or centres, but offer short term upgrades with players that are clearly declining elites.

I'd be reluctant to invest much into centre right now as Olam is a great fit, Makasini will eventually fit that role & Fataape looks a good prospect. Not even mentioning the likes of Feledy & Saukuru or even Large if centre is his eventual position. I'm not 100% convinced Galvin doesn't end up out there as it is.
I had the same thought re Dane Gagai and I reckon Benji & Richo both have a history with him from Souths???

Just not sure whether Gagai would uproot from Newcastle to Sydney for 1 year which is all he'd probably be offered at his age. Turns 34 in January next year.

What about Tim Lafai similar age as Gagai keen to return to NRL to finish career, starred at '22 RLWC with Samoa?

I suspect the TDS situation will more or less take care of itself. What he mainly needs at the moment is minutes, which he'll get in reggies. He'll get some game time - split with Simpkin, I guess - during origin unless Maguire is as brain dead as Fittler was. Then when he's ready to play regular minutes in first grade Koroisau will be at least a year older and may not be (best used as) an 80 minute player anymore.
N
Happy to go with Sione Fainu. Looks like a versatile middle & hopefully with his brothers around him he will stay. Keep Latu happy as well if behind Galvin & Luai for the starting halves spot. As many say Galvin may development into an Isaiah Yeo type of 13.

Backs of note - Isaiah Tass, Zac Lomax, Corey Oates, Dane Gagai, Remis Smith, James Schiller , Tesi Niu... Doubt we land Turuva after his comments the other day.

Maybe there's a swap with the Doggies for a Tracey, Wilson or Kiraz for Bud Sullivan? I'd take any of them. They can't fit all the backs into one backline each week.

Backrow - Jazz Tevaga, Jack Williams, Jaydn Sua... Elliot Whitehead? Could Bateman sway him or would people be happy with Luke Garner back. I would after his Penrith experience.
Talking of the fainu brothers, what happens when the other one gets out . I'm sure he will want to link up with his bros

Let's see how Doueihi goes on the comeback trail,
I still think he has something to offer the club 4 sure.

Lomax is a flop, he belongs in Parramatta smh. This signing might be the 1 to finally undo BA haha
A fully fit and I mean FULLY fit Douehi makes my side .Just think of all the 2 years of rehab effort and would hate it to go to waste
No ones answering my question about which 2 of the 5 make our regular starting half's next year

A fully fit and I mean FULLY fit Douehi makes my side .Just think of all the 2 years of rehab effort and would hate it to go to waste
No ones answering my question about which 2 of the 5 make our regular starting half's next year
Then you are just blindly ignoring FACTS!

He is a liability and the team has always been better without him!

Noone can answer your question - they are not fortune-tellers!

1712301763247.png

Why is he a liability under a new structure?
Nothing to do with structure - he is not a quality player or athlete and his presence weakens the team.

He played for over a third of the 48 games over the last two seasons for ONE win - while the squad without him had SEVEN wins in the remaining two/thirds of games....

He is the anti-Joey Johns in that his absence improves the teams winning ratio...

Latest posts

Staff online

Back