Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Lol

Cam murray makes like 50 tackles a game.

You think he wants or should do that with his talent? Listen to his interviews - “I want to play 6”.

He wanted to leave bc we bought too many halves ! He wasn’t thinking great I’ll move to 13.

He’s favorite player he models himself on is Munster - a 6.

We’ve basically got Munster in jack wightons body - and everyone wants to shift him lol.

Galvin is a better ball player than Sutton and yeo and Murray - and probably if we had him in the team against the dolphins we win he’s that good.

Playing in the middle of the ruck is a waste.

I get everyone wanting to fit everyone in the team but he’ll leave

Someone will offer him the chance to play 6 for $1m a year and he’ll go.

Lucky Richo and Benji aren’t as short sighted as people here
Great post. I’ll concede. I think he has to be at 6.

I’m just worried about Luai at 7 - and Sezer is an experienced 7 guiding us really well.

I still reckon an opportunity exists for Sezer to play 13 next year.

Agreed, but please don't make Galvin a 7. Galvin by all accounts seems to be a 6. He wants to be on field and he wants to guide but not drive the team.

We have brought Luai as a halfback and he will need to play halfback. We saw Latu needs more time, Galvin is ready... But I don't see Galvin at 7... I don't see much of Sullivan but I want to see Sullivan and Latu fight it out for that bench spot.

We have to make solid decisions on who we are keeping and who we are offloading. Otherwise easts/Titans/whomever will pinch the players we don't want to offload.
Agreed 100%

Great post. I’ll concede. I think he has to be at 6.

I’m just worried about Luai at 7 - and Sezer is an experienced 7 guiding us really well.

I still reckon an opportunity exists for Sezer to play 13 next year.
I don't want to sound rude but I think that's a crazy idea to move Sezer there. He would be targeted in defence a lot and he is a lot slower now that he's old. He should be the halfback or not in the team. Galvin/Sezer looks a great combo. It would probably be successful for a year or 2 but Sezer is only signed to 2026 with the player option and he'll be 35 if we extend him to 2027 onwards. I think we need to be patient. Galvin/Fainu are only 18 and halves come into their own at around 20/21. Look at Ezra Mam, Dearden, Dylan Brown. It might take 2 or 3 years to find success but it will come. The next 2 years is a "rebuild" and foreshadowing of a dynasty of success

I gave Luai some criticism last night but you only have to look at how Dylan Brown is performing tonight with the kicking game without Moses to see how hard it is to adapt without your regular halves partner. Top 5/8s can struggle

My view for what’s it’s worth is

1. Upgrade galvin now and extend him for a further 3 yrs (if possible)… would have to upgrade the next 3 years from (these are numbers I believe in media for his current contract)
yr 1$150 to $250 ,
Yr 2 $250 to $450 and
Yr 3 $350 to $500,
and then further 3 yrs at $1m. (Moves up with salary cap)

* he’s only going to extend if we upgrade the next three years of his deal so we can use that as leverage.

And then get rid of sullivan and douehi

Keep sezer for next yr

And then play Fainu in the centers like Matt Burton did for Penrith. (If he’s good enough)

Have sezer on the bench.

Play galvin 6, luai 7, fainu 3.

Then in 2028 when Fainus deal is up we have luai for another two years - if fainu is better then luai - sell luai last two years of his deal to someone else or if luai better let fainu go and be a 6 somewhere and earn bigger coin.

Sezer is our back up next year as 14 and then after next year TDS is our 14 until API retires and then he takes over

My view for what’s it’s worth is

1. Upgrade galvin now and extend him for a further 3 yrs (if possible)… would have to upgrade the next 3 years from (these are numbers I believe in media for his current contract)
yr 1$150 to $250 ,
Yr 2 $250 to $450 and
Yr 3 $350 to $500,
and then further 3 yrs at $1m. (Moves up with salary cap)

* he’s only going to extend if we upgrade the next three years of his deal so we can use that as leverage.

And then get rid of sullivan and douehi

Keep sezer for next yr

And then play Fainu in the centers like Matt Burton did for Penrith. (If he’s good enough)

Have sezer on the bench.

Play galvin 6, luai 7, fainu 3.

Then in 2028 when Fainus deal is up we have luai for another two years - if fainu is better then luai - sell luai last two years of his deal to someone else or if luai better let fainu go and be a 6 somewhere and earn bigger coin.

Sezer is our back up next year as 14 and then after next year TDS is our 14 until API retires and then he takes over
Some good ideas, particularly the Galvin upgrade/extension.
Not sure if Latu Fainu would be suited to playing as a full time centre, but I think he’s the perfect 14 who can come on as a backup 9, play in the halves or even short stints at 13 for some extra spark in attack,
Da Silva would also need his fair share of games, but that shouldn’t be a problem when injuries occur etc.

Lol

Cam murray makes like 50 tackles a game.

You think he wants or should do that with his talent? Listen to his interviews - “I want to play 6”.

He wanted to leave bc we bought too many halves ! He wasn’t thinking great I’ll move to 13.

He’s favorite player he models himself on is Munster - a 6.

We’ve basically got Munster in jack wightons body - and everyone wants to shift him lol.

Galvin is a better ball player than Sutton and yeo and Murray - and probably if we had him in the team against the dolphins we win he’s that good.

Playing in the middle of the ruck is a waste.

I get everyone wanting to fit everyone in the team but he’ll leave

Someone will offer him the chance to play 6 for $1m a year and he’ll go.

Lucky Richo and Benji aren’t as short sighted as people here
Munster was a fullback / centre , then a makeshift 6 .
He’s the epitome of a player evolving into his true position.
If Galvin does become a ball playing lock , the thats where he ends up . Wally Lewis ended up there , Brad Clyde as well . Hell a different era and different type of player , but Raper is an immortal playing there .
People speak about it like it’s a step down . It’s hardly that .
Hell even Burgess will be enshrined in RL folklore with his GF effort out of lock . As much as I hate the bunnies .

how about we just chill out . Fainu did his hammy again , even with a minutes restriction , Sullivan is just not a half IMO, and Sezer will be another year older next year . Injuries, suspension , form , will all play thier part .
All will get thier run , and it will sort itself out in the wash.

My only issue with Latu in the centres is that Faataape is the obvious one to be relegated.

2 tough outings against quality players at the Sharks & Parramatta. And Canberra- but we try to forget that game. In all those games it can be argued he held his own, and improved in each outing.

Then against the Dolphins- 2 tries. His defence alongside Staines is REMARKABLY IMPROVED over To'a & Nofa. I think we got a low cost, quality player.

As much as I want Latu in the squad, I don't think it's at Faataape's expense.

Moving Galvin seems unfair on Galvin, but he's better suited to shifting position that Fainu.

I'd still be looking at Galvin playing in Bateman's spot & having Bateman play #13, moving Pole to the bench.

Galvin could be the new Liam Fulton....or better yet, Gavin Miller. He's probably everything Josh Schuster SHOULD be.

Back