Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I don’t think they’re talking him up because anyone really wants to move him . I think they’re talking him up because that’s where he will end up eventually , and it opens up a spot for Latu .
But man , he might not move to 13 until he’s 30 , like Sutton who Richo keeps comparing him to .
But really this week is the reason you don’t guarantee spots . We have Sezer and …/. No one we really want to be playing 6 if we are honest .
It’s hyperbole and sensationalism designed to get Galvin/ Fainu off our books my media puppets for other organisations .
Fainu might not become an nrl starter until he’s 22 , that will be in year 3 of Jahrome deal . And who knows what Galvins body shape is like at that point .
We keep the best ones , find a place in The 17 for them and get them all to buy in . Easier said than done , but that had to be the ultimate plan .
And with TDS the longer we hold off on him the better player he will . Harry Grant is case in point on this .. I wish we had a Queensland cup team we could lend him too . It would do him the world of good .
Or even a loan to an English SL club .
I agree with the Loan to an English SL team it would build up their confidence and say after 2 years return to the NRL as a 21 year old having played against some old hardheads.
Makes heaps more sense to me than running around in Flegg or rezzies.
I have been wanting a feeder club in the English SL for years.

Rome wasn’t built in a day our progress has been excellent this year. We have the makings of a good team. Bula, Olam, Galvin. Luai, Sam Fainu, Pole, Uto, Twal, Papalli, Bateman, Klemmer, TDS, Latu Fainu, Seyfarth.

We need two big, strong, fast wingers, strike centre to compete with the good teams deep into the season. Not sure we can afford him but I’d keep Sezer around for another year.

Sullivan looks like the only long term bad contract. Klemmer and Bateman older players we need a replacement plan for.

We have limited depth in the back row which will get exposed with Bateman injury.

Can we stick Staines and Tupou together on one wing - super glue or sticky tape.... and somehow jag Sivo whilst Parramatta distracted with Lomax? And Klemmer Bateman going nowhere cause our money tied up with Luai. Unless somebody knows Uncle Nicks number. Bud could be handy. No concussions unlike Roosters halves.

Rome wasn’t built in a day our progress has been excellent this year. We have the makings of a good team. Bula, Olam, Galvin. Luai, Sam Fainu, Pole, Uto, Twal, Papalli, Bateman, Klemmer, TDS, Latu Fainu, Seyfarth.

We need two big, strong, fast wingers, strike centre to compete with the good teams deep into the season. Not sure we can afford him but I’d keep Sezer around for another year.

Sullivan looks like the only long term bad contract. Klemmer and Bateman older players we need a replacement plan for.

We have limited depth in the back row which will get exposed with Bateman injury.

Sullivan is still far to young to write off imho,certainly he has not looked too good so far but nothing that can't be fixed with the right coaching

Many posters discussing the halves options in a rigid way as if we have to fit into some formula of how to play. The fact is, if you watch a team like the Storm of a couple of seasons ago. Bellamy didn’t restrict the many ball players he had, he made a new way to attack. He had his spine all ball playing plus he’d have Burton and Hynes and sometimes both hookers (Grant and Smith) all on the field. The attack came in wave after wave, left side and right side just continuous and unstoppable.
The game has changed, halves and 5/8s, locks and edge back rowers. All with different roles nowadays. The idea is to play a style that suits the talents of the guys you have. Nothing wrong with multiple ball players in your team as long as everyone is on the same page in D.

Many posters discussing the halves options in a rigid way as if we have to fit into some formula of how to play. The fact is, if you watch a team like the Storm of a couple of seasons ago. Bellamy didn’t restrict the many ball players he had, he made a new way to attack. He had his spine all ball playing plus he’d have Burton and Hynes and sometimes both hookers (Grant and Smith) all on the field. The attack came in wave after wave, left side and right side just continuous abd unstoppable.
The game has changed, halves and 5/8s, locks and edge back rowers. All with different roles. The idea is to play a style that suits the talents of the guys you have. Nothing wrong with multiple ball players in your team as long as everyone is on the same page in D.
It’s more how much we are over spending on the Salary Cap on some players who are unlikely to be in our top 17 that’s the problem.
If you over spend on certain positions, it doesn’t leave enough cap space to fill other positions with quality players.

Last edited:
Not sure why people are starting to have doubts about the Luai contract. There's a reason why we signed him & that's because he has the runs on the board that none of our current halves do. Remember Luke Brooks won Rookie of the year in his first full season & then his career was plagued by inconsistency... not trying to speak this into existence with Galvin & Fainu but these are the things that come with being a young half. Thrusting these two together at the same time will just be another Moses/Brooks situation.

Latest posts

Back