Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

While Su’a and Crichton are great players, they’re not realistic options.

Both would be demanding 600k+ and we already have two backrowers on that type of money. If we signed one of them, we would have at least one backrower riding the bench on 600k+ only playing 20-30mins a game. It would kill our cap.

If one of Bateman or Papali’i left then they would be good options, but as of right now they are both signed beyond this year.

Not to mention they would take Samuela’s bench spot and stall his development.

Looking forward to 2025, we are set at fullback, halves, prop, hooker and second row. We could do with a lock but have Matamua, Faagutu and Kit all under contract next year.

We should be looking at strengthening the right centre and both wing positions. Anything else would be a waste of cap money based on what players we have signed for next year… Richo has indicated as much.

Looking forward to 2025, we are set at fullback, halves, prop, hooker and second row. We could do with a lock but have Matamua, Faagutu and Kit all under contract next year.

We should be looking at strengthening the right centre and both wing positions. Anything else would be a waste of cap money based on what players we have signed for next year… Richo has indicated as much.
Do we really need centres if we can sign the kids we have coming through ?

Wasn't there talks of retirement last year?
He's had some issues (off field) and has appeared to overcome them and is playing well.

I think S'ua is a more realistic option for us though.
I don’t reckon Angus would be the same away from the rorters. He’d still go ok, but his heart wouldn’t be in it the same as with rorters.
But Sua he’s a goer hasn’t won a gf yet and as you say is get able, and money ball. I would get on the Sua train with ya Demps.

It has been reported he took a pay cut. If true, what an indictment on the Dragons.
I’ve been following it as close as I can. You are right, but it’s not the dragons as a club, he’s simply unable to get his head around Flanno and allegedly, the wing.

Very precious character, I despite talent when they are disloyal instead of hanging about. We’ve had our fair share of dogs.

I think Luai is a boss and he’s pretty much going to improve everything we do. He plays like everything is effortless.

I think he’s a great signing. We weren’t the only ones after him.

Sometimes you get one player, but they have so much skill, smarts and grit, they can contribute disproportionately to the whole.

Certainly expensive, but we are getting a hell of a lot for the money. We often buy duds and he ain’t that.

How is Felody developing?
He’s still chipping away at his D.
But his A game is pretty good from what I’ve seen. If he works hard on his D he could make it. I’d be doing heaps of sprint training too if I were him. He’s not the biggest and the extra zip would help his D.

Liam Knight, Isaiah Tass & Tesi Niu

All 3 with links to Benji's mentor.

Knight offers the taller body our new young lock forward options do not. Hard man in a team not overly noted for the attitude. Would be a bench player & squad guy- not reliant on his contribution- our upgrades in the forwards will come from the juniors.

Tass is a defensive upgrade out wide. While he's probably the best of the 3 players, he's the one I'm most reluctant to add as I think it sets Faatape backwards.

Niu is a winger that averages 140m a game & tackles at around the 90% efficiency mark. We just don't have that guy on the roster.

DEVELOPMENT CLUB.

I imagine we are looking at short term upgrades while promoting from within for the real talent.

Knight offers the taller body our new young lock forward options do not. Hard man in a team not overly noted for the attitude. Would be a bench player & squad guy- not reliant on his contribution- our upgrades in the forwards will come from the juniors.

Tass is a defensive upgrade out wide. While he's probably the best of the 3 players, he's the one I'm most reluctant to add as I think it sets Faatape backwards.

Niu is a winger that averages 140m a game & tackles at around the 90% efficiency mark. We just don't have that guy on the roster.

DEVELOPMENT CLUB.

I imagine we are looking at short term upgrades while promoting from within for the real talent.
Would prefer Sua, Schiller & Valemei

DEVELOPMENT CLUB.

Liam Knight is an absolute pillow. Softest middle currently in the game.

He’s still chipping away at his D.
But his A game is pretty good from what I’ve seen. If he works hard on his D he could make it. I’d be doing heaps of sprint training too if I were him. He’s not the biggest and the extra zip would help his D.
Thanks for that.

I’ve got a kindly outlook on him as well, he’s a bit of dark horse and he’s seeing this young talent flood the joint.

He’s still a kid, he’s got another 9 years of natural growth plus 9 years of strength and conditioning until he peaks physically.

Toughed out his injury without steroids.

Hes on official with Chris, very honest interview.

Getting a lot from Juzzy and Nado. That’s what you want in a footy side, a hand up to youngsters. Not every player is generous.

The youngster interviews are especially good and revealing because they aren’t corrupted or entitled yet.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back