Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It has been reported he took a pay cut. If true, what an indictment on the Dragons.
I’ve been following it as close as I can. You are right, but it’s not the dragons as a club, he’s simply unable to get his head around Flanno and allegedly, the wing.

Very precious character, I despite talent when they are disloyal instead of hanging about. We’ve had our fair share of dogs.

I think Luai is a boss and he’s pretty much going to improve everything we do. He plays like everything is effortless.

I think he’s a great signing. We weren’t the only ones after him.

Sometimes you get one player, but they have so much skill, smarts and grit, they can contribute disproportionately to the whole.

Certainly expensive, but we are getting a hell of a lot for the money. We often buy duds and he ain’t that.

How is Felody developing?
He’s still chipping away at his D.
But his A game is pretty good from what I’ve seen. If he works hard on his D he could make it. I’d be doing heaps of sprint training too if I were him. He’s not the biggest and the extra zip would help his D.

Liam Knight, Isaiah Tass & Tesi Niu

All 3 with links to Benji's mentor.

Knight offers the taller body our new young lock forward options do not. Hard man in a team not overly noted for the attitude. Would be a bench player & squad guy- not reliant on his contribution- our upgrades in the forwards will come from the juniors.

Tass is a defensive upgrade out wide. While he's probably the best of the 3 players, he's the one I'm most reluctant to add as I think it sets Faatape backwards.

Niu is a winger that averages 140m a game & tackles at around the 90% efficiency mark. We just don't have that guy on the roster.

DEVELOPMENT CLUB.

I imagine we are looking at short term upgrades while promoting from within for the real talent.

Knight offers the taller body our new young lock forward options do not. Hard man in a team not overly noted for the attitude. Would be a bench player & squad guy- not reliant on his contribution- our upgrades in the forwards will come from the juniors.

Tass is a defensive upgrade out wide. While he's probably the best of the 3 players, he's the one I'm most reluctant to add as I think it sets Faatape backwards.

Niu is a winger that averages 140m a game & tackles at around the 90% efficiency mark. We just don't have that guy on the roster.

DEVELOPMENT CLUB.

I imagine we are looking at short term upgrades while promoting from within for the real talent.
Would prefer Sua, Schiller & Valemei

DEVELOPMENT CLUB.

Liam Knight is an absolute pillow. Softest middle currently in the game.

He’s still chipping away at his D.
But his A game is pretty good from what I’ve seen. If he works hard on his D he could make it. I’d be doing heaps of sprint training too if I were him. He’s not the biggest and the extra zip would help his D.
Thanks for that.

I’ve got a kindly outlook on him as well, he’s a bit of dark horse and he’s seeing this young talent flood the joint.

He’s still a kid, he’s got another 9 years of natural growth plus 9 years of strength and conditioning until he peaks physically.

Toughed out his injury without steroids.

Hes on official with Chris, very honest interview.

Getting a lot from Juzzy and Nado. That’s what you want in a footy side, a hand up to youngsters. Not every player is generous.

The youngster interviews are especially good and revealing because they aren’t corrupted or entitled yet.

When my ex rooster mate was at Penrith before he was cut, he said Nado was one of his role models and he always spent time with the youngsters giving them tips and practising stuff voluntarily.

I’d suggest it’s the same with us. Very valuable these types of guys, even if they aren’t always playing fg.

We should have a genuine Uber competitive spine next year. I’ve never seen that since I was called to take up arms and support the club. It’s extremely exciting, I can barely wait.

I’ve seen plenty of misery of course!

Last edited:
Officially released straight away, Manly claiming his contract has been terminated based on him not meeting performance based requirements.
I just think it may be the kick up the backside he needs and I think it would be worth taking a risk on him at 250-300k for the remainder of this season.
That won,t end well. As if he will just walk away from his 800k contract without a fight.

Send back Sullivan and activate Sezer's option for next year.
I can’t much of a future for Sullivan at WTs with the amount of halves we have. Hopefully Sullivan plays a blinder this arvo. He needs to show that he is an NRL level half for his own future. As he wont get many more opportunites at the WTs are a starting half with Galvin coming back next week.

Latest posts

Back