Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Nothing more than a speculative idea and apologies if others have posted this. What about a deal with Manly to take Schuster & give them Jayden Sullivan at the end of this season, both Mario Tartak clients. Both players on similar contract duration with the aim to come out with some spare change. Plan would be to develop him either as ball-playing middle or edge, whatever Benji feels would suit. Reuniting him with the Fainus & playing under Benji may just put the fun back in the game for him.

Even better idea … they can take Sullivan and keep Schuster as well…. Win win

Nothing more than a speculative idea and apologies if others have posted this. What about a deal with Manly to take Schuster & give them Jayden Sullivan at the end of this season, both Mario Tartak clients. Both players on similar contract duration with the aim to come out with some spare change. Plan would be to develop him either as ball-playing middle or edge, whatever Benji feels would suit. Reuniting him with the Fainus & playing under Benji may just put the fun back in the game for him.
Doesn't the fact that Sullivan has as contract with the WT's enter into the equation ? He won't go on less money and I think that Manly have the money they are saving on Schuster for another worthwhile project not a reject from us

Not impossible, but the one weakness I have noticed is his front in defence, therefore not a great weakness to have when playing as a centre.
Andrew Johns has been saying the modern day centres have become battering rams that run hard lines and are physical in attack and defence, I think he’s on the money with these comments.
Rubbish , brooks was a turnstile but he worked on his defence and over the last couple of years he was a great defender, he’s a kid so don’t right him of , he has pace and a great running sty

Rubbish , brooks was a turnstile but he worked on his defence and over the last couple of years he was a great defender, he’s a kid so don’t right him of , he has pace and a great running sty
I’m a big fan of Heath Mason and believe he has a long NRL career ahead of him, simply saying the one thing he needs to improve is his front on defence.

Doesn't the fact that Sullivan has as contract with the WT's enter into the equation ? He won't go on less money and I think that Manly have the money they are saving on Schuster for another worthwhile project not a reject from us
Why can’t we just repeat the Nofoaluma situation, five him a payout and tell him he’s free to leave ?
I had high hopes for him, but he’s been like a deer in headlights, it’s simply not going to work.

I cannot believe many of our supporters still think it’s ok for an edge back rower to never ever make a line break, rarely if ever break a tackle or score a try, rarely if ever contribute to a line break or a try,
EVERY other NRL team has edge back rowers that do this regularly.
Last season everyone was blaming our halves, surely this season the excuses have run out,
Kepaoa for all his faults at least knows how to hit a hole, runs the ball with enough venom to break tackles and threaten to make line breaks.
If he doesn’t start and Papali’i to 13, then Benji is off his head.
'If the head coach of an NRL team doesn't agree with my opinion, then he's off his head'.

Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 851
Why can’t we just repeat the Nofoaluma situation, five him a payout and tell him he’s free to leave ?
I had high hopes for him, but he’s been like a deer in headlights, it’s simply not going to work.
Because unlike Nofoaluma he has not breached his contract.... pretty simple really!

Because unlike Nofoaluma he has not breached his contract.... pretty simple really!
That won’t be hard to fix, simply tell him he’s looking at 4 years in reserve grade if he stays or deliberately miss training and get a nice little payout to go elsewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
'If the head coach of an NRL team doesn't agree with my opinion, then he's off his head'.

Lol.
The record is on repeat, we will again not threaten on the edges besides Olam, we will be held to 2 tries or less and another loss to add to the tally.

I agree to a certain extent @balmain boy but we can't limit ourselves to just promoting or recruiting based on size & athleticism. But yes, we need to get the mix right in our squad.

We do need to identify those with the athletic traits suited to today's game - explosive speed, power through the line, aerial ability but also possess some other qualities like assertiveness, kicking, ball skills (passing, offloading), tackling technique.

The Broncos & Storm have done this very well!

As you mentioned, we do seem to have an over abundance of smaller middles & outside backs and I think we have started to take some steps to recruit what we lack although some speculative (Sam Fainu, Aimalalo, Lobb, Taotua brothers from Manly etc).

Given we have a definite need for speed & aerial ability in the backs; line-breaking, tackle-breaking in the forwards & players who play 100 miles per hour, I would make sure we continue to develop those that fit the profile ... here is my order of priority:

Onitoni Large
Haemasi Makasini
Solo Saukuru
Nav Willett
Jordan Miller
Heath Mason
Luke Laulilii
Chris Faagutu
Tony Sukkar
Lachlan Broederlow
Vaka Aho
M & M Taotua
Most of our Magpies HM forwards
There is some suggestion by a poster in a NBWT thread on x about Heamasi Makasini that Onitoni maybe on his way out of WT.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back