Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yeah I agree it's a problem but I think we need to figure out why we can't get these guys in space. I don't think it's just down to players not being able to break the line. For example, our passing is so slow by the time Papali'i gets the ball he has defence allover him.

Similar story for our wingers, compare that with how Penrith get their wingers in space.
Takes more than one to tango. I hate using this pair as an example but AJ Kepaoa ran a nice line and Bud hit him with good timing off a quick PTB. That sort of hole running and ball play is what it takes to score in the NRL if you can’t just run over people. Shame it took 71 mins to run that nice play, apart from Api’s deception in the Stef try.

I believe our problems start and end with our outside men. They don’t get our sets going well like other teams wingers do and they rarely contest high balls. Watch most NRL games and the wingers feature in the points. It’s our number one concern.

Our starting second rowers could have started the year better but they aren’t a massive problem.

We actually had 12 out
Galvin
Bateman
Fainu x3
Naden
TDS
Toa
Doueihi
Simpkin

And I think a couple of other fringe Kit or Sukkar were ruled out too. Given we don't exactly have the greatest squad in the first place missing a third of our top 30 is just too much, not enough to choose from
5 / 12 you named made the top 17 this week.

You were obviously REALLY pushing it here BB 🙄

Yeah I agree it's a problem but I think we need to figure out why we can't get these guys in space. I don't think it's just down to players not being able to break the line. For example, our passing is so slow by the time Papali'i gets the ball he has defence allover him.

Similar story for our wingers, compare that with how Penrith get their wingers in space.
We dont zip the ball across the back to give our backs space to move

Lost some focus last weekend, panic, ill discipline and sezer was a bit off.

My main concern is focus, because Penrith ask a lot of questions.

Excited that Nado has finally been called up. Good game for him to make a return and he will be itching to stay in firsts.

Forwards need a clip over the ear this week. We know Benji “flushes” losses, but I’d breaking routine a bit to amp them.

SGI are underrated, but we we didn’t help ourselves last week.

Fast ptb are good, but we need it backed up.

Last edited:
very poor from Wests Tigers if true.
not when his parents are sooking because Galvin’s development has scared them and they think their son should walk into the side as opposed to earning it, and especially after the club had the kid training with the NRL side over preseason and paid for his surgery and rehab after his ankle injury.

there are two sides to every story, Vicious. quite frankly these are people I don’t want at the club if they don’t want to earn their place.

perspective.

not when his parents are sooking because Galvin’s development has scared them and they think their son should walk into the side as opposed to earning it, and especially after the club had the kid training with the NRL side over preseason and paid for his surgery and rehab after his ankle injury.

there are two sides to every story, Vicious. quite frankly these are people I don’t want at the club if they don’t want to earn their place.

perspective.

If it’s true, I can’t imagine he’s going to another NRL club. I don’t think he would have been training with the top squad in the off season at any other club.

In saying that though the Roosters were after him before and they usually get whoever they want.

Reactions: 851

perspective.

Surely the time for sooking is more than 12 months away?

Or, could it mean Galvin has a massive upgrade close to done and the writing really is on the wall?

Latest posts

Back