Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I agree with what you are saying, but we simply cannot retain our best players such as Stefano, upgrade others such as Galvin, have a red hot crack at signing a couple more quality players to strengthen up our team and still pay the rumoured 500-550k per season for a halve who is highly likely to okay NSW Cup for the remainder of his contract.
If he was on much less money it would be nice to keep him, but he’s not.

Just pay half his deal from next year to move him on ..,this is what happens with all teams when they move on dud players they don’t want ,,

250k a year over three years … is what it is and they turn the page completely on the prior crapshow

An old quote " A good big man will always beat a good little man"

On average, other traits being equal.
Old Poppy BF used that line a fair bit. Along with this “god give ya two hands, so learn how to use em and you’ll be able to chop some big men down to size. But never kick a man while he’s down, help him up and ask him if he’s finished. If he is then shout him a beer.” 🍺
Mmmmm beer.

James Schiller signs with Newcastle on a 3 year deal from next year.
Now this is disappointing. We should have been offering him 400k to join us.

Some clubs just have the right idea with recruitment. Snap good players as quickly as they can. We've been lamenting our pathetic outside backs and yet whenever a decent one is available we're nowhere to be seen. We may have made him an offer and been rejected, but geez it's frustrating when we repeatedly sign small and slow players while other clubs sign the big strong fast types. And we wonder why we lose nearly all of our matches...

He was an absolutely perfect fit for us. And we still missed out. Newie have now snapped up Thomas Jenkins and Schiller, while we're messing around with Faatape and Lobb.

Last edited:
I hope you are right.
The only logical reason why we didn’t at least attempt to sign Zac Lomax has to be due to Salary Cap constraints, otherwise why are we doing nothing about strengthening up our weak backline when a big, strong, fast and skilful player who is also one of the best goal kickers in the competition becomes available?
Not to mention he’s previously mentioned he would be interested in playing for Wets Tigers the team he followed growing up.
I think while we're looking for a back we weren't going to look at 700k on an outside back.

Reactions: BZN
I think they need to sort out what is happening with Richo before anymore signings happen.
Not sure what his demands are - did hear 3 years - but ATM he should be the priority focus.

Time to negotiate an upgrade with Stefano and identify some outside backs.

Stefano needs to be a priority… but are they actually going after anyone new? Preferably now… but what about next year ? No point waiting until the end of the season

Back