Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The current second row situation at the Wests tigers is thin. And with the market looking thin I hope the tigers pounce on some players to fix depth. Many of the juniors are just too raw and still have a lot of time before they can fit comfortably into first grade.

With Luke Garner coming off contract and not being signed yet I think it is a perfect time to bring him back.
He is a quality second row who can also play centre if need be. Has been part of a quality system in Penrith and would be a perfect depth signing or rotation player. He knows the team and can now be classified as experienced being 28 and nearing 100 games. Hopefully bridge the gap for some juniors or stay a bit long term.

My second option is a bit more controversial ... Josh Schuster. Recently cut ties with manly and could be picked up on pennys. A half who can also play second row. Help steer a lost KOE side around the park or provide some punch into a young KOE side. I dont want or see him coming straight into the NRL side but for depth he is perfect. I would only buy for 300k or lower and 1 year and CO 2nd year as I think he has attitude problems.

Our depth has been exposed in recent years and hopefully we can fix this before using it as an excuse.

On paper is not thin.... big name signings.... none of them are sitting perfectly in any grade.....Kit Laulilli runs hard and fast... why Garner???? Cause he scored 2 trys last night? Right place... right time.

On paper is not thin.... big name signings.... none of them are sitting perfectly in any grade.....Kit Laulilli runs hard and fast... why Garner???? Cause he scored 2 trys last night? Right place... right time.
I’ve always rated Garner . His hole running is legit . He used to drop a lot of balls cause brooksy used to launch them at him .

Yea, but all that is kinda irrelivant.

Forwards seem to max out at 32-33. A winger, sure don't sign a 28 year old winger for 5 years unless they are exceptional.

What's relevant is at 28/27/26 he is likley being dropped. Would sign him IF he could perform like he did 4 years ago.
Not really when he isn't making 1st grade at that age.

Rumours going around that Sitili Tupouniua is on the outer at the Roosters and Tigers are one of the clubs interested in him for next season. With Siua Wong, Crichton, Butcher bros, Connor Watson who can fill in at 2nd row it kind of makes sense. Personally not a fan of the signing given his injury troubles but he has good potential a bit like Luciano Leilua
Gun.

Rumours going around that Sitili Tupouniua is on the outer at the Roosters and Tigers are one of the clubs interested in him for next season. With Siua Wong, Crichton, Butcher bros, Connor Watson who can fill in at 2nd row it kind of makes sense. Personally not a fan of the signing given his injury troubles but he has good potential a bit like Luciano Leilua
This sounds a million times more likely than Sua or Angus.

I'd be ok with giving him a one year deal on 200k, with a second year extension At 350k if he plays 12 matches or more

Last edited:
I would love to see the tigers sign SUA , not sure what money we would need to throw at him , would it be some where between $700,000 and $800,000 , I know it’s a lot of money but the drag queens will be there abouts . So who could we cut to fund this signing , ok fellow forum posters , let’s see who u come up with to free up $800,000

Latest posts

Staff online

Back