Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

One call out is that the halfback part isn't a quote whereas everything else has a quote so would wonder what he actually said

Reactions: 851
This I agree with, I am surprised more haven't pointed it out. Doesn't even want 6, dude now sees himself as a 7.
The article makes that claim, yet there is no quote from AD saying that.

Strange article.
Strange suggestion.

Got the 1 million dollar man coming and the future of the club, in Galvin... Latu and Bud. We don't need any more halves it seems.

Strange article.
Strange suggestion.

Got the 1 million dollar man coming and the future of the club, in Galvin... Latu and Bud. We don't need any more halves it seems.
Probably said something along the lines of he sees himself as a half, and someone took that to mean halfback

Strange article.
Strange suggestion.

AD may see himself as a Nico hynes type half (tall/ball player), but all conjecture without an actual quote

Wonder if Wayne has a crack at AD back up half or maybe the roosters was offered a contract before he came to us. Either way whether its here or elsewhere i cant see anyone paying much more than what we offered.
I think we perhaps offered AD a minimum wage contract probably knowing he would look elsewhere.
We are stacked for halves we don't need another especially one who's coming off the back of 3 ACL's, centre is the only place i see a spot for him potentially a 14.

This. Players do not perform at their best here.

Same thing happens when we sign players, look no further than Papali’i. Compare his stats in his time here vs at Parra.
There isn’t a greater example of a wrecking ball that came here and turned into a powder puff. He was the best forward in the comp In 21 and 22. Now he wouldn‘t be top 10.

From the DT about Doeuihi:

He wants to push his claims as a halfback when he returns and has dropped 5kg from his playing weight of last season to be 94kg.

So he's definitely gone. Coaches have already told him what his positions are. But he trains and loses size? That says it all for me. Not a team player, not an easy player to coach. Way too arrogant. Goodbye

I struggle to understand Adams thinking at times. He has longed to play 6 with very mixed results, some would argue failure. Now he wants to be the world's biggest halfback at a club that has signed a million dollar player to play that position moving forward.

His good attributes are suited to other positions so why is he so determined to play in the halves?

He either accepts he has to play a position that requires more physical contact and toughness, or he retires.
Because halves get paid the most and the glory (if you win). I'd let him go as soon as he wants to go

Back