Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The article makes that claim, yet there is no quote from AD saying that.

Strange article.
Strange suggestion.

Got the 1 million dollar man coming and the future of the club, in Galvin... Latu and Bud. We don't need any more halves it seems.
AD may see himself as a Nico hynes type half (tall/ball player), but all conjecture without an actual quote

Wonder if Wayne has a crack at AD back up half or maybe the roosters was offered a contract before he came to us. Either way whether its here or elsewhere i cant see anyone paying much more than what we offered.
I think we perhaps offered AD a minimum wage contract probably knowing he would look elsewhere.
We are stacked for halves we don't need another especially one who's coming off the back of 3 ACL's, centre is the only place i see a spot for him potentially a 14.

This. Players do not perform at their best here.

Same thing happens when we sign players, look no further than Papali’i. Compare his stats in his time here vs at Parra.
There isn’t a greater example of a wrecking ball that came here and turned into a powder puff. He was the best forward in the comp In 21 and 22. Now he wouldn‘t be top 10.

From the DT about Doeuihi:

He wants to push his claims as a halfback when he returns and has dropped 5kg from his playing weight of last season to be 94kg.

So he's definitely gone. Coaches have already told him what his positions are. But he trains and loses size? That says it all for me. Not a team player, not an easy player to coach. Way too arrogant. Goodbye

I struggle to understand Adams thinking at times. He has longed to play 6 with very mixed results, some would argue failure. Now he wants to be the world's biggest halfback at a club that has signed a million dollar player to play that position moving forward.

His good attributes are suited to other positions so why is he so determined to play in the halves?

He either accepts he has to play a position that requires more physical contact and toughness, or he retires.
Because halves get paid the most and the glory (if you win). I'd let him go as soon as he wants to go

It’s fine for us to offer him a one year minimum wage deal. It’s fine for Adam to shop around and get the best deal for himself. WT need to look after its interests and Adam his.
Very true. The club has paid him probably $1M+ in wages while he has been on the sidelines, so the club certainly doesn’t owe him anything. AD is being offered a minimum wage deal to stay, so he doesn’t owe the club anything. His move at the end of the day. Without the multiple knee injuries, he had the potential to be a solid NRL first grader. But he never had the full package to be an elite or marquee franchise player. Too slow - both off the mark and in space, missed too many one on one tackles for a guy his size, and struggled with judgement on when to run or when to just get early ball to his outside men. Dropped his head a bit too often when things weren’t going their way in a game as well. Good luck to him, but hard to see him commanding much more than minimum wage from any club at this point.

I was thinking this too. Comes from nowhere and he's getting more results than Bula. He supports and does things a million miles an hour. Bula still operates on cruise control too much.
re David Armstrong..
So is that David Armstrong or Adam O'brien?

Bula is clearly a physical talent. If we are not getting the most out of him, why aren't we asking "what are the knights doing that we are not?"

Time to fix the club instead of the roster.

re David Armstrong..
So is that David Armstrong or Adam O'brien?

Bula is clearly a physical talent. If we are not getting the most out of him, why aren't we asking "what are the knights doing that we are not?"

Time to fix the club instead of the roster.

Agree. Benji has said more than once our attack wasn’t the focus in the preseason or during our season start. He knows it needs to be addressed but was intent on focusing on defensive effort.

If you look at our structures in attack and defensive wise you can see we haven’t practiced much on set plays.

Issue is balance. I get Benji intent but if you don’t have the ability to score 3-4 tries a game you won’t win many games regardless how good the defence is.

Teams know they will win most times because we can’t score that’s half the pre game battle right up front.

Watching roosters - sharks atm. My god Talakai is the perfect bench utility. Covers centre, backrow and middle forward to a solid standard. Very few players in the comp could do that.
And he’d be our best forward and outside back. The fact they have the luxury of playing him as a utility shows how far off the pace we are.

I was thinking this too. Comes from nowhere and he's getting more results than Bula. He supports and does things a million miles an hour. Bula still operates on cruise control too much.

Armstrong has it all over Bula in attack but his defence is suspect - tackling, positional play and kick disposals. His defence, however, will improve as he bulks up and gets more experience.

Another youngster on a meteoric rise is Ethan Strange. If he was a Tigers we would've anointed him as the next immortal.

A common refrain from Tigers fans is "X isn't first grade standard" but look at how many of our cast offs are playing in the NRL. Junior Pauga is case in point. While he's no world beater, he's doing a very respectable job for the Roosters.
Tommy Talau did some nice things on Friday but also had a few horror moments. Costing his team tries.

Pauga played well but came up with a simple drop to kill the Roosters chances.

The guys we release to good clubs often become role players but rarely are they the game changers we are lacking to become a winning club.

Back