Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Perhaps with more time with his feet under the desk he has realised how big the job really is. What really worries me is all the talk of signing players like Bateman while Sheens was around on Benjis approval, now 18 months later apparently Benji doesn't approve anymore and he needs to go. Wtf is going on.
Benji was learning and influenced from Sheen's robust "I know what's best".
Now sees where Sheens was wrong and has his own authority to do things his way.
And better guidance from Richo.

What data are you using to make such a statement?
Recruitment is basically educated guessing. I’ve got Galvin at 18yo trending towards rep footy within 3 years. Purely my opinion. We just signed Luai on 1.something million so he’s a lock in the halves too. On the reported money and from what I saw of Latu in limited time playing out of position, I don’t think it’s wise to keep him. My opinion may change if he gets a second stint and kills it.

Signing Luai basically put the two young blokes in competition from day 1.

Last edited:
Right now, It's Sullivan for me....
If Doueihi sticks around (In another position) then Latu is next for mine...
He'd be decent back up, But decent back up (In the halves) shouldn't cost more than 300k

Could also squeeze a couple more years out of Sezer on a lower contract for back up next year..
Latu can easily be our 14, in the mould of Conor Watson this year, having someone able to have that sort of flexibility and impact coming off the bench with the ability to start when injuries to the spine occur is invaluable in the modern game. Latu could be a star for us in that role

Journalist reporting on tigers these days is just complete speculation there isn’t a single leak coming out of the club

Don’t be fooled by journos posting there opinions but starting them as facts they do it all the time
Speaking of leaks where is kade7….?.?

Journalist reporting on tigers these days is just complete speculation there isn’t a single leak coming out of the club

Don’t be fooled by journos posting there opinions but starting them as facts they do it all the time
True but if you cant win games why would players come here? The NRL is corrupt. The RLPa is even worse.

Ethan Strange is better than both Galvin and Latu at this stage. Shame he is not here instead.

Its hard to judge Latu given he has been injured and has not played 5/8. They both have potential, Galvin appears slow and as his body fills out more and more muscle goes on the frame I'm not so sure he will remain in the halves.
Agree 100% the rest of the rabble can’t see the forest for the trees!!

It seems like Stef’s would like to stay, but getting sick of being in a team that is out of finals contention before the halfway mark,
Unless he gets selected for NSW I think our best option would be getting him to extend for 2025 and hopefully see enough improvement for him to then wa t to stay long term.
Unless we sign at least 4 or 5 players that can positively contribute in 2025, we won’t improve much at all.

Is he the only one sick of this ? I’m hoping the whole team feels that way…

Hoping he gets picked on the bench Game 1

Cannot see anything but Stef extending with us. Connect the dots ...

1 he is part of the Samoa crew led by Luai. He will give a chance to the club progressing with Luai coming & no doubt in his ear to stay.
2 his manager also manages Ice. Do you reckon Richo would have been so forthcoming with a release if Stef wasn't going to commit?

I hope Luai helps us get a few more of the Samoan trouple over - one of Kaufusi or big Royce Hunt for more middle grunt; Connelly Lemuelu & Tim Lafai.

If we got them which isn't out of the realm of possibility, things a whole lot different in '25.
I'm a huge fan of Royce Hunt. He is absolute quality

We can't lose his brothers too Samuela has been our best player. Latu is still going to be a prodigy and Sione played well and young as too.

It is absolutely stupid to think about ditching Latu.

You guys hate to hate. Blaming a player who is injured, out of position, young, and inexperienced. Its quite sad to be honest
Typical Tigers fan pessimism. It is not all doom and gloom, it's grim, but there is light

We need him and Willison. Would transform our pack.
I have a massive crush on Willison (as a player) but Broncos have him locked up I reckon. Top teams don't lose good players without someone else good replacing them. He's been starting for them a fair bit

The issue we have……

API is the only player who is prepared to work hard for the full 80 minutes and compete on every play……powder puffs like Stefano, ICE, just away from hard work when a momentum shift is needed….look how the Dogs play…..they all compete on every play….desite not being overly skilful

Latest posts

Members online

Back