Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Perhaps. That’s fair enough but I see him making those countless tough runs into traffic, regardless of the score line (esp when we are beat: and not saying he’s always effective) and often late into games when other blokes just aren’t there.
Unless he busts a tackle or gets a quick play the ball those runs don’t really add much value to the team.he’s Beau Ryan-esque this year.

Don’t think so Galvin will be heading at second row or lock as he fills out. Plus we get heaps of injuries Latu will get his chance.
Moses will have him out of here quickly if he is moved to lock or second row,plenty of clubs would have him as a 6

Mate I suggest u watch his last 3 games before last weekends game. We’re your eyes painted on the week before where he let in two try’s to start us off??
He plays like a guy who doesn’t want to get injured, always take the safest/easy option to protect himself more than helps the team. No heart, he only played well against the cowgirls because he new his was about to be dropped. Our other wingers make more mistakes than him but play fir the better of the team.
He looked better at centre the brief time he had there, he doesn’t do well with the sideline.
Didn't he have 5 - 6 different centre pairings in those 3 weeks? Needs a reliable centre inside him, I think he needs to move to the left with olam.

Didn't he have 5 - 6 different centre pairings in those 3 weeks? Needs a reliable centre inside him, I think he needs to move to the left with olam.
What’s his greatest strength? I’d say we expected he would use his speed to turn half chances into tries when we paid good money for him. He sees space at the moment and cringes. Needs to be dropped to score a few braces/hat tricks & regain some confidence.

Last edited:
I watch every ESL game intently in order to identify talent. If I ever get a call up to a coaching gig I want to be on the ball.

If I was Richi this is what I would be doing.
Attempt to offload;
Naden
Sullivan
Staines
Toa

In that order.

Naden has hands like fish, but I think he might do ok in the ESL becasue he has size and speed and that’s a combo that lacks in the English game. They have size, they have speed, but not together. If they are going to England we can subsidise his pay very heavily and it’s not in our cap I don’t think. The dilemma is he’s aboriginal and in my experience they get homesick pretty easily. The PC worship they get here won’t be as much there. But who knows if we tip in 250k and another team offers 100 that might be enough because money talks. I also can’t foresee any other nrl team take him on as anything beyond depth at minimum wage. His cards are marked. I hate him too.
Strike a deal to get Wardle to come here as that adds to our playing IQ. Or give Douehi the centre gig.
Sullivan is just excess. I would be telling Jayden that playing a comp that is in between cup and NRL is the greatest thing for his success. He has flair and that is good to have over there. The players that excel the most in that comp is the Luke Brooks type. Sullivan isn’t that far from that.
Again the issue is same as Naden. Aboriginal issues. Worse for Sullivan as apparently he had real issues leaving the Illawarra. That makes England a tough sell for him even if it’s the best move. A deal could be made that could be very lucrative for him too.

Staines. He has speed. They need speed. However teams will not want to waste a quota spot on a winger unless he’s a star. That is the big problem. He might find a home at a cellar dweller like the London broncos but honestly our best bet is he just sees out his contract as a depth player for us and then we kick him out. He’s just a winger.
You could get Matty Ashton or someone over to replace him but I’d look at skelton or Blake Austin that are currently stuck behind good players in their position but should be playing first grade. Would be cheap too. We can’t waste cap on wingers. We spent too much on Suruva and I’m surprised everyone here is overjoyed at that signing.

Toa. Hated him since he was a kid. He is awkward, dumb and unreliable. Has some moments in him but not what we need.

Just sign Douehi for Lebanese money (300k) and have a centre rotation of Wardle/Doueihi and Euan Aitken, who should be on the bench to cover back row, wing and centre should injuries happen.

I actually think Euan Aitken should be our #1 target

Unless he busts a tackle or gets a quick play the ball those runs don’t really add much value to the team.he’s Beau Ryan-esque this year.
At least Beau was funny.
There’s nothing funny about Stains.

Because regardless any player movements are finalised by the preceding club paying out the remainder of the contract. You can’t tell me; Ice and his manager would ‘walk away from a year on $750 and sign for much less. Panthers have probably signed him for a decent amount probably $550 -$600.
We would be making up the rest for 25.
I would be shocked if we were chipping in at all. I'm sure Richo would have said we're happy to let you go to a better club sooner, but we won't pay you to go. I'd say Panthers are paying him the full 750 next season and maybe 600 for the following 2 seasons

Interesting looking at the Blues lineup and thinking who Madge would recruit if he stayed here.
1. Dylan Edwards (Penrith Panthers)
2. Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)
3. Stephen Crichton (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
4. Joseph Sua’ali’i (Sydney Roosters)
5. Zac Lomax (St George Illawarra Dragons)
6. Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers)
7. Nicholas Hynes (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
8. Jake Trbojevic (c) (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
9. Reece Robson (North Queensland Cowboys)
10. Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)
12. Angus Crichton (Sydney Roosters)
13. Cameron McInnes (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
14. Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)
15. Haumole Olakau’atu (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
16. Spencer Leniu (Sydney Roosters)
17. Hudson Young (Canberra Raiders)
18. Matt Burton (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
19. Luke Keary (Sydney Roosters)
20. Mitchell Barnett (Warriors)

We see the Boom centers in Crichton and Suaalii. Clearly Madge would have gone for Lomax.
Yet no Center reserves or back reserves. It's Halfbacks and Halves with Keary, Burton as reserves to Hynes/Luai. I would have gone for Latrell as a utility (or at least a utility somewhere).

Otherwise it's a very thuddy front row. I am surprised Cameron McInnes is in there. I believe Madge would have recruited the same Tigers front row we have now, judging by the origin selections.

Not surprised that none of our team made the cut. Also None of our ex players I believe are in this list.

Honestly, if Staines played like Beau Ryan played he could start every week for us.

Beau would often be there in defense cleaning up. He crossed the line a lot more then Staines and IMHO is greater in every way.

Would these guys be any good to us
jaxson Paulo , Winger. 192 cm x 101 kg
Toff Sipley. , Prop , 120 kg
just looking for replacements who may have a crack , fingers crossed our top dogs trip to UK. Moves 3 or 4 on
Naden , Sullivan , Toa , ? .?

Would these guys be any good to us
jaxson Paulo , Winger. 192 cm x 101 kg
Toff Sipley. , Prop , 120 kg
just looking for replacements who may have a crack , fingers crossed our top dogs trip to UK. Moves 3 or 4 on
Naden , Sullivan , Toa , ? .?
+ Staines, Bateman and Klemmer

+ Kepoa gone.

Would take Sipley
Not Paulo, at his third club - reserve grader.

Back