Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Not a misleading stat. what it tells you is that our forwards cannot get us out of our own half and get the 7 to a spot on the field where his kicks can be effective.
That’s not what it tells you at all . It tells you exactly what I said . If your expectations are every set the team needs to make 60m to have any hope of attacking with your defence .. then good luck. Nrl halves can and should be able to consistently drop the ball in the ā€œ10ā€ in the corner from 50 out with elevation .
 
Laughing at oneself and having an Eeyore / self pity complex are two completely different kettles of fish

As for being driven crazy by GNR4LIFE and my posts you can always block us

I call a heap of shit a heap of shit and I'm not going to change

A very old saying is " trust is earned " and and the WTs have not earned anyones trust for the last 15 years
Cool bro . I’ll just block you then . It’s not honesty after the first few times . It’s just bitching and moaning .
 
many footballers have played at a high click despite being in their mid 30s, Kurt himself being one of them.

but while you’re here, do you have an feasible alternative that’s currently on the market that you’d like to propose?
There’s no one at this time of year. Unless you agitate a release. How many times has that happened to use the last few years?
 
Perth have a terrible roster right now, but there are promising signs looking at who they are hiring to their football program

Give them 2-3 years and they’ll be competitive
It's either 10 or 12 teams playing in there local first grade competition there is alot of Kiwi's there they should spend money developing the comp and coaching clinic's they have potential to be a powerhouse in 5 years
 
Apparently we're on the verge of signing Kurt Mann, so I had a look at his numbers because I'm struggling a bit to see what he actually adds to this pack.

I know per-80 stats aren't perfect. Mann is playing about 10 minutes less a game than Seyfarth, so naturally he can go harder in shorter stints. But even allowing for that, I thought the comparison was interesting.

Roughly per 80 mins this year:

Mann
126m
48 tackles
60 fantasy points

Seyfarth
120m
50 tackles
61 fantasy points

That's pretty bloody similar.

Seyfarth has more offloads, Mann gets through slightly more metres, but in terms of basic work rate there really isn't much between them.

And maybe I've got a bit of scar tissue from this sort of signing too.

We've been down the "experienced former Origin player" road a few times. Ballin was 31 and about five years removed from Origin, McQueen was 30 and roughly three years removed, Reynolds was 28 and hadn't played Origin for about three and a half years.

To be fair to Mann, he's different in one important way. He's 33, but he was playing Origin last year. So I'm not saying these are identical situations.

But we've heard the experience, leadership and standards argument before. At 33, I'd still want to know what he's actually adding on the field that we don't already have.

I'm not a Seyfarth fan, so maybe that colours my view, but do we really get better by adding another player who statistically gives us pretty much the same output?

I get the utility argument with Mann. If we didn't have a bench hooker I could see the value in someone who can cover 9 and 13.

But we've signed Brailey. You'd assume he's 14 most weeks behind Api.

So Mann is basically competing for one of the remaining forward spots on the bench.

If that's the case, I'd rather that spot go to someone who gives us something we don't already have. More size, leg speed, impact, whatever.

Maybe I'm missing something, but does another Seyfarth clon actually make this side better?
Nope, but sure hell improves our KOE cup side
 
Yeah I couldn't remember if it was 2500 or 2800 to be honest

But again .....how many WTs fans live within 90 minutes of Campbelltown

It's a bit hard to complain about the clubs performances and then in the same breath when we do achieve something not show up .....whether it's Leichhardt or Campbelltown ....it shouldn't matter

A lot of fans want excuses not to go to Campbelltown

Support your club .....don't use the Balmain v Wests excuse not to

And this isn't aimed at you Claws , thank you for supporting our ladies .....pity few thousand others didn't have the class to do that
A bias WTs fan base may have got us a few of the 50/50 ( as they do at Leichhardt ) and got us the win
It’s not a Balmain v Wests to dislike Campbelltown. I go to all our venues & Campbelltown feels the less home to me. Even Commbank feels better. Campbelltown is soulless, has zero atmosphere & doesn’t feel like home. I grew up a Wests fan. I walk into Leichhardt & it not only feels like home it feels like a fortress. I feel confident no matter who we play when we play at Leichardt. For general admission at Leichardt I can be on the hill but on the halfway line for the same ticket at Campbelltown I am sitting behind the post & can’t see the other end of field. I know plenty of Tigers fans who don’t go to Campbelltown because of those reasons. They would have gotten more people at Leichardt no doubt. Also not all the Tigers fan base watch the girls games, plenty have no interest. I think it was a great crowd considering all of the above. I would love to see us play all day time home games at Concord. Great size venue & we could really build a fortress there until Leichhardt is finished. I totally understand where you’re coming from as we have been starved of success & the girls absolutely deserved a bigger turnout. Hopefully our fans grow to love what the girls produce & get behind them
 
That’s not what it tells you at all . It tells you exactly what I said . If your expectations are every set the team needs to make 60m to have any hope of attacking with your defence .. then good luck. Nrl halves can and should be able to consistently drop the ball in the ā€œ10ā€ in the corner from 50 out with elevation .
Maybe we need to play like the knights, run the ball from ur own half
 
Kurt Mann has played State of Origin
Alex Seyfarth has not

Kurt Mann has played semi final football
Alex Seyfarth has not

Kurt Mann has been in multiple systems with differing levels of success
Alex Seyfarth has been in one system with no success to call upon

Kurt Mann has played fullback, centre, 5/8, halfback, hooker and lock during his career
Alex Seyfarth has failed to lock down a position until this year
Kurt Mann's dad is named Mr Mann and his mum is Mrs Mann
Alex Seyfarth's parents are just Mr and Mrs Seyfarth
 
I am happy to wait and see how the recruitment puzzle turns out and further more how the new recruits actually perform before I start bagging Benji or SM or anyone else, especially the players recruited.
Benji has already said he is looking for depth that is experienced and reliable at NRL level. Leaders on and off the field. Bailey, Mann and Frizell are those type of guys. At this point that’s a positive.
On many occasions we played guys, through necessity, that were just not up for it and those weak links really cost us in games. Hopefully with these additions to our squad we will no longer have that problem.
 
It’s not a Balmain v Wests to dislike Campbelltown. I go to all our venues & Campbelltown feels the less home to me. Even Commbank feels better. Campbelltown is soulless, has zero atmosphere & doesn’t feel like home. I grew up a Wests fan. I walk into Leichhardt & it not only feels like home it feels like a fortress. I feel confident no matter who we play when we play at Leichardt. For general admission at Leichardt I can be on the hill but on the halfway line for the same ticket at Campbelltown I am sitting behind the post & can’t see the other end of field. I know plenty of Tigers fans who don’t go to Campbelltown because of those reasons. They would have gotten more people at Leichardt no doubt. Also not all the Tigers fan base watch the girls games, plenty have no interest. I think it was a great crowd considering all of the above. I would love to see us play all day time home games at Concord. Great size venue & we could really build a fortress there until Leichhardt is finished. I totally understand where you’re coming from as we have been starved of success & the girls absolutely deserved a bigger turnout. Hopefully our fans grow to love what the girls produce & get behind them
Just to correct a couple of your points
The viewing at Lo from the hill side reserved seats is worae than cambo...other end.corner.to where you are isnt visibleble (if youre at the barnes stand end you can see the river corner and vice versa)
and from behind the posts its all the same
Tickets more expensive at LO
 
many footballers have played at a high click despite being in their mid 30s, Kurt himself being one of them.

but while you’re here, do you have an feasible alternative that’s currently on the market that you’d like to propose?
The young bull Panthers have given permission to leave would be way better & suits the timeline a lot more than 34 year old Mann.
This cr*p about needing old heads setting standards, leading, etc can surely be put to bed after Luai’s time lol. His off the field presence was supposed to be his main selling point & it led to nothing like it usually does.
Just bring in the most talented
 
The young bull Panthers have given permission to leave would be way better & suits the timeline a lot more than 34 year old Mann.
This cr*p about needing old heads setting standards, leading, etc can surely be put to bed after Luai’s time lol. His off the field presence was supposed to be his main selling point & it led to nothing like it usually does.
Just bring in the most talented
I rekon he’ll have a line of clubs wanting to sign him with the lack of middles available
 
Just to correct a couple of your points
The viewing at Lo from the hill side reserved seats is worae than cambo...other end.corner.to where you are isnt visibleble (if youre at the barnes stand end you can see the river corner and vice versa)
and from behind the posts its all the same
Tickets more expensive at LO
My GA membership cost the same for both venues. I never mentioned ā€œreserved seatingā€. My GA tickets at Leichardt I can be on the halfway line the same tickets GA tickets at Campbelltown are behind the post. I never mentioned reserved seating nor Keith Barnes stand. So what are you correcting me on.
 
Just to correct a couple of your points
The viewing at Lo from the hill side reserved seats is worae than cambo...other end.corner.to where you are isnt visibleble (if youre at the barnes stand end you can see the river corner and vice versa)
and from behind the posts its all the same
Tickets more expensive at LO
I will also like to add that I would happily pay more for Leichhardt. Leichhardt also has the market to charge more. People don’t like paying more but they do because of the Leichhardt experience.
 
I rekon he’ll have a line of clubs wanting to sign him with the lack of middles available
Agreed, dominated the NSW Cup GF too.

Sometimes as a bottom team you got to take a risk & show the money. Worked with Samuela but in hindsight doesn’t look great with the Latu deal… so far anyway.
Still worth the risk IMO, looked very promising every time I’ve watched him
 
Just to correct a couple of your points
The viewing at Lo from the hill side reserved seats is worae than cambo...other end.corner.to where you are isnt visibleble (if youre at the barnes stand end you can see the river corner and vice versa)
and from behind the posts its all the same
Tickets more expensive at LO
Think he meant standing on the hill GA at LO around halfway not the Silver seats
I go to all home and many away games and the GA Membership to sit behind the goal posts is poor given you guaranteed money to the club, not saying it needs to be half way but at least some from the side like from the 10m to try line could be set aside

I spent more on Bronze this last season just so I could be on the side to watch the games.

Agreed the Barnes stand view is poor at LO but the atmosphere is great.
 
Agreed, dominated the NSW Cup GF too.

Sometimes as a bottom team you got to take a risk & show the money. Worked with Samuela but in hindsight doesn’t look great with the Latu deal… so far anyway.
Still worth the risk IMO, looked very promising every time I’ve watched him
Latu has the talent just injury prone, deal was worth it to get Sam

Will be interesting to see where Patea lands
 

Latest posts

Back
Top