Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Maybe John Strange as our attack coach and it would be nice if he could bring his son with him.
These Roosters girls have better shape and more players in motion than most men’s NRL teams.
And there attacking kicking game is better than our men’s also,
The Roosters NRLW team does have more than half the Origin team in their club side, even a QLD origin star (and some on the bench). I could coach them to at least the top 2
 
The Roosters NRLW team does have more than half the Origin team in their club side, even a QLD origin star (and some on the bench). I could coach them to at least the top 2
True.
Not sure who is the answer to our coaching dilemma, but we definitely need someone with a hard edge who will not accept any of our players not playing with high energy and high level physicality.
 
Last edited:
As is Tavita Naufahu, he is twice the player Turuva is.
Brad Schneider is exactly the experienced, classy utility who can cover 13, 9, 7 or 6 that we need.
Our rrecruitment failed by not signing him and I assume he is only on a bare minimum top 30 contract at the Dolphins.Brian Pounia will be an NRL star with the Dolphins in 2027.
Luron Patea is ready to be a regular good quality NRL player in 2027 at whatever club he is at.
I sincerely hope it is with us.
Sorry mate, Schneider is definitely not classy, he is a journeyman back up 6,7,13 …
 
Parra also

Meanwhile we fart around as usual when the best is available
How would we really know if we are not also trying to sign Peter O’Sullivan?
I am as critical about our recruitment and retention as any of our supporters are, but we are not privy to who we are trying to sign and/or retain and how much we are offering.
Our fan base was not so long ago hugely critical that so much of this information was leaked, now we hear barely nothing and we just assume nothing is being done?
There would be no other recruitment manager who wants success for Wests Tigers more than what Shannon Gallant does, so it is far from certain even someone like. Peter O’Sullivan would have the care factor to do as good or a better job than what Shannon Gallant is doing.
We have signed Kurt Mann for the 2027 season and it seems like we will soon announce Tyson Frizell as a one year signing for 2027 also.
I can’t say I am overly excited about either signing as I think both are way past their best, but if it is filling in some gaps with bigger plans in place for 2028, that would then be a plan that would make plenty of sense.
All our retention and recruitment over the next couple of months for both 2027 and 2028 will be very interesting and will tell us a lot more about whether our current recruitment and retention team are doing a good job or not.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top