Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@ said:
what the hell happened to the dogs having no cap, we have heaps and yet nothing, YES THATS NOTHING, what the hell is going on.

Woods, Mbye and Eastwood all gone. These guys they're signing wouldn't be on huge contracts.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Story in today's paper saying Peachey's wife doesn't want to leave Sydney. Penrith have said they can't afford to take him back.

Centre?

Yes!

It all hinges on the titans releasing him

Releasing CHN allows them to keep Peach. Im bl**dy amazed that Bulldogs with all their salary cas problems can sign anyone .. surely they are pensioning heaps of players off - both Morris brothers going, Woods, and Mbye gone .. who's next there .. as in leaving and coming .. ?? So why can't we attract some decent name players .. ??

CHN is decent enough but I'm not overly fussed. Doesn't have huge impact on a game.

@ said:
@ said:
what the hell happened to the dogs having no cap, we have heaps and yet nothing, YES THATS NOTHING, what the hell is going on.

Woods, Mbye and Eastwood all gone. These guys they're signing wouldn't be on huge contracts.

who cares what there on, we are not signing anyone and we have heaps of cap, this club goes from one disaster to another, 1ST we have backend contracts , SO we cant sign players , NOW we heaps of cap space and still no players i dont get it.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

who cares what there on, we are not signing anyone and we have heaps of cap, this club goes from one disaster to another, 1ST we have backend contracts , SO we cant sign players , NOW we heaps of cap space and still no players i dont get it.

We're career killers.

Marshall and Farah are white flags. There weren’t many spots to begin with and now there’s even less. Assuming the kid from the Roosters signs, that’s one more gone. Between him, Farah, Marshall and the 3 development guys moving into the 30, it’s very uninspiring. Not even one or two quality signings would be enough to salvage some hope for next year.

Yeah signing Robbie and Benji is not enough. We need quality, and it's pretty evident that just about everyone here is in agreement on that.

Looking pretty pathetic. We need quality signings now.

I am without words.

Frustrated. Signing Benji and Farah in their fifties and not a hint of a quality siging on the horizon.

I have been patient but CHN signing with the Bulldogs almost has me throwing it all in…

@ said:
@ said:
I'd argue he's about the same level so won't improve our backrow much. He showed potential early but hasn't developed. Panthers wouldn't be letting him go otherwise since he resigned last year.

I agree. Plenty of upside, but not going anywhere near as well in 2018 as 2017\. Also it needs to be considered how much Dogs paid for him, which is undisclosed?

Penrith didn't release him a year early because he's dominating.

His drop in form has coincided with reduced minutes. He was going really well as an 80 minute edge player in 2017 but his minutes have taken a pretty big hit with the emergence of Kikau. He has also found himself shuffled around the forward pack with more time spent in the middle where he is less effective. He's best used playing 60-80 minutes on an edge and when he's filled that role for Penrith this season he has generally gone well.

I'm a bit disappointed the Bulldogs signed him ahead of us. Hopefully we have someone better in the pipeline like a Matterson, although that's probably hopefully optimistic of me…

@ said:
I am without words.

Frustrated. Signing Benji and Farah in their fifties and not a hint of a quality siging on the horizon.

I have been patient but CHN signing with the Bulldogs almost has me throwing it all in…

This stinks, I have to question whether Ivan is interested in quality signing for the tigers going forward or is that a conflict of interest in his panthers desire. Ivan is close to CHN, I’m sure he could have easily got this over the line for us if he wanted to.
I guess if you can’t gain a release you go for the dismissal option. Disclose what’s in the pipeline then I may settle down, this hurts.

@ said:
@ said:
I am without words.

This stinks, I have to question whether Ivan is interested in quality signing for the tigers going forward or is that a conflict of interest in his panthers desire. Ivan is close to CHN, I’m sure he could have easily got this over the line for us if he wanted to.
I guess if you can’t gain a release you go for the dismissal option. Disclose what’s in the pipeline then I may settle down, this hurts.

Put your footy hat on would you sign him for 4 years?

I thought if I said our recruitment sucks enough something would happen.
It still sucks and still nothing has happened!

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
I am without words.

Put your footy hat on would you sign him for 4 years?

No

@ said:
Marshall and Farah are white flags. There weren’t many spots to begin with and now there’s even less. Assuming the kid from the Roosters signs, that’s one more gone. Between him, Farah, Marshall and the 3 development guys moving into the 30, it’s very uninspiring. Not even one or two quality signings would be enough to salvage some hope for next year.

Apparently the young centre we have signed comes from a very good family with a great work ethic. It seems IC is building with players who bring good all round qualities, another example being Mbye.

I'm not fussed on CHN because we don't know how much the Bulldogs offered him. WIth rumours that Rochow is on the move, I'm satisfied we have a better player coming if he goes.

@ said:
@ said:
I'd also look at him as a straight swap with Taylor. Retire Taylor and play Peachey back row

When you say "retire", do you mean take him out back and break his knees? Because I suspect he don't want to retire. (Plus, I think Ivan likes him. Straight back into firsts and captaincy this week.)

Maybe my best chance would be for Ivan to take him back to Penrith with him lol.

12 months ago Ivan nearly convinced CNH to sign with us, Penrith have released him less than 12 months after signing him till end of 2020!…they are freeing up mo eye to pay for Nathan Cleary...the concern is Ivan didn’t make a play for CNH?..?....?.....does this suggest IC is off the bus?

Are we now back to hoping for the best with signing Ethan Lowe for our crowning move in 2019 recruitment?

I'm out of hope now for anyone better, until the last frantic minute before season start.

Back