Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Guys- to each their own opinion. I dont care if we make him an offer, I doubt he'd accept. I just think Suli has demonstrated a better ability to mature than Mitchell. Also recall Mitchell was very open just recently on wanting to retire from football by 30 and return to the country (Taree I think). He will stick with Roosters- Uncle Nick will make sure of that- and then return to country probably end of next contract cycle.

@2005magic said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076279) said:
Guys- to each their own opinion. I dont care if we make him an offer, I doubt he'd accept. I just think Suli has demonstrated a better ability to mature than Mitchell. Also recall Mitchell was very open just recently on wanting to retire from football by 30 and return to the country (Taree I think). He will stick with Roosters- Uncle Nick will make sure of that- and then return to country probably end of next contract cycle.

I still hope we have a dip at him. He's far beyond anything we have and will make us better for it, although we'll need a good forward pack to bring the best out.

I'll take someone with his supposed attitude problem before someone like Matterson, Moses, Fifita or Lodge.

Latrell's not a bad person at all by any means, especially when you see his interviews. He's by all accounts a pretty reasonable and level headed guy. I just think the problem is he's more talented than he is a hard worker. You can get by like that at the Roosters where you're surrounded by origin stars and internationals. I don't think he's a guy to make a leader of your team and put all the pressure on however.

@AnonTiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076102) said:
Nathan Brown is the signing he is coming home. Part of the deal to release Matto so he can go to Parra

Weapon!!

@TYGA said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076283) said:
@AnonTiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076102) said:
Nathan Brown is the signing he is coming home. Part of the deal to release Matto so he can go to Parra

Weapon!!

Would be stoked if we managed to get him.

@Fletch

Burton could be a great pickup if anything did eventuate. Would be cheap, country lad and looked the goods against Sharks earlier in the year. Solid kicking game and game management from memory. However, all would be dependent on whether he would foil Brooks well or not.

@Lukic - agree. I think mixing Mitchell with Maguire's no nonsense coaching and fitness regime would be a recipe for probable disaster. He might respond positively and go to the next level but I really, really doubt it. AND WT would have another Packer / Reynolds high value player, little to show for it situation after just resolving the previous ones.

We need to make sure we pick the right players to suit Maguire's methods and style, not just talent. Thats why I also think Moylan would be a disaster too but maybe not Milford.

@matchball every Tigers Centre will end up in the second row ... pity there’s not 5 second rowers Allowed in the pack !

@2005magic Mitchell is trouble stay right away has Mundine advising that’s enough to run a mile!

@Wounded_magpie said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076206) said:
@Spacecub that was me who posted it champion - last Monday to be precise .
I was just sharing what a sponsor of two of our higher profile players shared with me. Not talking out of my rear as you have suggested .
In that same post I mentioned ;
- Matterson situation needed to be sorted by 31/10.
Outcome : He we was given a formal release by the end of that same week
- Matalino likely to be medically retired.
Outcome : was formally approved by NRL at the end of the same week too. You may recall many of us fans thought we would not get that outcome given concerns about a possible pre-existing injury

I am sorry the dominos have not quite fallen regarding the WTF signing . Last week we were linked to several players for the first time (Milford , JWH) . My client is very close to two board members . The board members lips are sealed until the deal is done , which I don’t think is a bad thing. Until then people are going to speculate.

Time will tell about my other two points re Packer proving a point in 2020 and a former sponsor returning

Hey wounded tiger, I wasnt having a go at you personally....its just there's so much rubbish being thrown around atm you don't know what's fair dinkum and what's not.....hope you weren't offended if you were I apologize......unfortunately we all cop it on here from time to time, I cop it because I'm good friends with josh Reynolds mum, she tells me a bit that's going on....I keep it to myself now......anyway hope we do get that big signing

@Snake said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076288) said:
@matchball every Tigers Centre will end up in the second row ... pity there’s not 5 second rowers Allowed in the pack !

You don't remember Tim Sheens?

Not sure if this has already been posted but looks like we're still in the hunt for Arrow, Brimson, and Frizell

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/wests-tigers-set-to-up-the-ante-in-their-pursuit-of-three-off-contract-stars/mp7tgl9kl5p71ch3pxgvhh9di

@2005magic said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076287) said:
@Lukic - agree. I think mixing Mitchell with Maguire's no nonsense coaching and fitness regime would be a recipe for probable disaster. He might respond positively and go to the next level but I really, really doubt it. AND WT would have another Packer / Reynolds high value player, little to show for it situation after just resolving the previous ones.

We need to make sure we pick the right players to suit Maguire's methods and style, not just talent. Thats why I also think Moylan would be a disaster too but maybe not Milford.

I agree that Mitchell would be a risk in that his (supposed) laziness meeting Madges hard nosed methods will go one of two ways (one bad, one VERY good) but there is a massive difference in ability and talent between Mitchell and Reynolds or Packer for that matter.

Whilst its a risk at some level, at least there is one known factor and that is the talent of the kid. It would be an exciting risk to take and to be honest the only potential downside is the cap space. If it is somewhat successful it will help attract players once we start getting the deadwood off our roster.

FWIW I think its all smoke, I cant imagine him as a Tiger.

@Needaname said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076196) said:
Can anyone break down what the wtf signing is?
I’m assuming it means West’s Tigers Forum? But what is it that signifies it is a big signing?
Why is it named the WTF signing?

It could be “Why the F” are we signing so n so.

Didn't Brooks and Brown grow up as good mates? Not sure how much it matters but I feel as though we haven't had an enforcer for the lil blokes in awhile until recently in Garner. That's my personal upside if we were to sign Brown. Has to be good for the lil fellas to have some sense of protection doesn't it?

@Spacecub all good mate . Just pointing out that a few other things my client said at the same time came to fruition quite quickly. Unfortunately things still remain quiet re the WTF signing

Back