Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Hence why I said Happy that I would rather see us send the money elsewhere. Dylan Brown would be my pick for 5/8.+

Jai Arrow is basically a done deal with Souffs according to the Mole

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/jai-arrow-south-sydney-rabbitohs-latrell-mitchell-kangaroos/d3f91933-375d-4a59-81f7-5e5899e7fe83

@Curaeus said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086856) said:
What sort of coin would Moylan be on at the Sharks and are they likely to contribute if he goes to another club?

900k a year. Has two seasons remaining

@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086814) said:
So we're meeting with Dylan Brown this week. Would be a handy signing for 2021 or maybe we can get parra to release him early! :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

Now this would make my Xmas a kid that can play and ready to fill Benjis shoes .. but could you imagine the upheaval at Parra if the Tigers snared this young guy ..
PRICELESS. Let it happen Santa !

@Tiger78 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086858) said:
Hence why I said Happy that I would rather see us send the money elsewhere. Dylan Brown would be my pick for 5/8.+

Totally agree ......the only time I want to see him at Leichhardt is trudging off after a WT's Hammering ...limping as well ...just as good .....copping it from the Leichhardt faithful ...priceless

@WT2K said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086862) said:
@Curaeus said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086856) said:
What sort of coin would Moylan be on at the Sharks and are they likely to contribute if he goes to another club?

900k a year. Has two seasons remaining

The club could Re coup a large portion of this with the blow up Moylan punchable head ! The off-season got to love it the best off season for years ...

$900k a year for Moylan? No wonder they're not too distressed about him (maybe) moving on. You'd reckon we'd want a fair chunk of that kicked in by Cronulla to even think of taking this bloke on.

In all seriousness the team needs a 5/8 in 2020 regardless of hamstring Reynolds .. I would go very very hard for this kid ! Parra want him desperately so let it be our turn to set the price Parra will have to
Pay ..

@Snake said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086872) said:

In all seriousness the team needs a 5/8 in 2020 regardless of hamstring Reynolds .. I would go very very hard for this kid !

I'd honestly prefer Thompson at fullback over Harry Moylan

@TheDaBoss said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086859) said:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/jai-arrow-south-sydney-rabbitohs-latrell-mitchell-kangaroos/d3f91933-375d-4a59-81f7-5e5899e7fe83

Wow, it must be true if THE MOLE says so. Especially with his recent track record.

Moylan has a body like Josh.

Even for huge games last year, he was often a game day withdrawal. His hammys are gone.

If we SWAPPED him for Josh = great deal for both clubs.

If we ADDED him to Josh = absolute madness. They would play about half a season combined and you'd have a million$$$ plus sitting and watching most weeks.

Moylan is garbage and Arrow has come out and said he would prefer to remain on the GC.

Moylan would be a real asset to the Wests Tigers staying where he is and eating up their cap.

@TheDaBoss said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086859) said:

“I’ve spoken to Justin [Holbrook] about it, what better place to live than the Gold Coast?” he said.

“Play footy up here professionally and win games and potentially win a comp.

“That’s my goal, I’ve spoken about that – I want to win a comp and what better way to do it than in my hometown?

“Imagine the party the Gold Coast would throw if we won a comp.

“If we can get the right people, which I think we do. On paper we have a strong a side as anyone in the comp.”

**VERY weird quotes from Arrow then if he has agreed to move to Souths...**

@willow said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086881) said:
Moylan is garbage and Arrow has come out and said he would prefer to remain on the GC.

If not Moylan who can you envisage as our FB next year?

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086817) said:
@Russell said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086811) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086794) said:
@The_Patriot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086792) said:
Pfft Moylan is a class player. Beggars shouldn't be choosers

Yep. We'd win more games with Moylan at fullback than Thommo.

And in half the games I guess you are saying - seeing he is injury prone.

So I guess if sharks pay half and we offer him half our share because he only plays half the games we could get him for maybe 190 or 200k.

Nah! still too much for a princess.

In 2018 Moylan played 24 games, year before 18, year before 21. That’s 84% of games.

Can you explain to me please why you think Moylan is injury prone but Liddle isn’t?

Firstly as soon as I was writing that post - I knew you would bring up Liddle.

Has nothing to do with Moylan by the way - Liddle is signed.

As you get older, you tend to get more injuries and it takes longer to get over them.

Moylan in 2019 played 11 of 25 games (not including finals) that is 44%

As he will be 29 before half the next is over - the possibility exists that he will sustain even more injuries.

Beside all that, he is a princess and still has a punchable face.

I still get that you are a fan avo - and you think Liddle is injury prone.

In the club of most disliked players Moylan is right up there. Shame - he has a lot of of talent but hasn't been able to mature to the player he should be by now. Not prepared to right him off just yet but his value has definitely come down.

@Russell said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086885) said:
I still get that you are a fan avo - and you think Liddle is injury prone.

I think it’s more that he’d be a suitable fullback option at a heavily discounted rate as he’s better than what we have.

Of course Liddle is injury prone, he’s always injured. Not his fault just the way it is.

To be perfectly honest, I'd rather have a fully committed and energetic Thompson at fullback than a maybe so maybe no listless Moylan. If we got Moylan for free I'd have him run water.

Latest posts

Back