Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@tigerbalm said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098136) said:
@Strongee said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098126) said:
@gallagher said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098096) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098095) said:
@the_third said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098067) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098056) said:
@Tweed_Tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1097907) said:
![pascoe2.JPG](/assets/uploads/files/1578282404957-pascoe2.jpg)

Yes Justin ...those 4-5 options @ 9 measure up so well against the player they are replacing

Justin will be the member for Balmain next election ...he is so good a feeding the fungi

Explain why he would be a member for Balmain And not just a forum member like you?

Because he has the political speak down pat

We have 4-5 candidates for the hooker spot

None are worth diddly squat and will be playing out of position ( bar the one who keeps getting injured ) , but they are candidates

That is the problem , we have been become so conditioned to mediocrity and believed so much garbage that has come from one CEO to the next and so on and so forth , and every coach from so on and so forth , and one chairperson to the next and so on and so forth

But the worst thing is this ...we tell them what we want ...one home ground ...competitive footy side ...a board that is not chosen to represent our past entities ...one that is chosen to use their respective strengths to help us move forward both on and off field

I don't support this club to see sound corporate governance ( don't get me wrong , it's nice to be breaking even ) but we need to start moving upwards on field and really it's starting to go backwards

Time flies. We got the independant board in 2014, Pascoe in 2015 and Wests took 75% ownership in 2016.
We should be well and truly seeing results by now.
As far as breaking even goes, did that coincide with the NRL grant increasing to 125% of the salary cap?

Yea it did ! The team was one of only 3 clubs to turn a profit last year !
But the club is in disarray right ?
Ugh! Every 3rd day you guys trudge this crap out . Now in 4 different threads .
I know you can’t see me , but I don’t care . You guys suck . There’s litterally a thread for this rubbish

If West's were a publicly listed company, turning a profit would be awesome. West's are a footy team that cant win games. Bet hey, at least they're in the black! they can spend that money on a huge signing...oh wait.

People like you are are the reason that mediocrity is accepted around this club and is now part of their DNA.

Ah no it’s not ! Who’s accepting anything ? I’m merely pointing out that , a CEOs role is to run the company , more often than not that involves maximising revenue and whatever internal KPI they have .
The general fickle nature of a competition that has only 16 teams and really 1 winner each year, means that getting a basket case club/company , from borderline closing up shop to a profitable enterprise , can be all you can bank on year to year.. Now the on field product has to match the off field .
But I see incremental baby steps , where you all want it yesterday.

@tigerbalm said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098146) said:
@Telltails said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098139) said:
@tigerbalm said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098136) said:
@Strongee said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098126) said:
@gallagher said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098096) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098095) said:
@the_third said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098067) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098056) said:
@Tweed_Tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1097907) said:
![pascoe2.JPG](/assets/uploads/files/1578282404957-pascoe2.jpg)

Yes Justin ...those 4-5 options @ 9 measure up so well against the player they are replacing

Justin will be the member for Balmain next election ...he is so good a feeding the fungi

Explain why he would be a member for Balmain And not just a forum member like you?

Because he has the political speak down pat

We have 4-5 candidates for the hooker spot

None are worth diddly squat and will be playing out of position ( bar the one who keeps getting injured ) , but they are candidates

That is the problem , we have been become so conditioned to mediocrity and believed so much garbage that has come from one CEO to the next and so on and so forth , and every coach from so on and so forth , and one chairperson to the next and so on and so forth

But the worst thing is this ...we tell them what we want ...one home ground ...competitive footy side ...a board that is not chosen to represent our past entities ...one that is chosen to use their respective strengths to help us move forward both on and off field

I don't support this club to see sound corporate governance ( don't get me wrong , it's nice to be breaking even ) but we need to start moving upwards on field and really it's starting to go backwards

Time flies. We got the independant board in 2014, Pascoe in 2015 and Wests took 75% ownership in 2016.
We should be well and truly seeing results by now.
As far as breaking even goes, did that coincide with the NRL grant increasing to 125% of the salary cap?

Yea it did ! The team was one of only 3 clubs to turn a profit last year !
But the club is in disarray right ?
Ugh! Every 3rd day you guys trudge this crap out . Now in 4 different threads .
I know you can’t see me , but I don’t care . You guys suck . There’s litterally a thread for this rubbish

If West's were a publicly listed company, turning a profit would be awesome. West's are a footy team that cant win games. Bet hey, at least they're in the black! they can spend that money on a huge signing...oh wait.

People like you are are the reason that mediocrity is accepted around this club and is now part of their DNA.

How do you propose the club signs players without money? Consider this is the position we were in
"The Wests Tigers have gone from posting a $4.6 million loss in 2016 to rounding out 2018 with a $100,000 profit - and the club did not even play in the NRL finals."
Now twelve months later we are in a position to offer the best players in the game $1mill contracts.
That's why the fans who offer nothing other than repeating "not accepting mediocrity" line are not making decisions while others closer to knowing what really is needed are working to get us into a winning position.

Hey, i'm in the same boat as you. I support the same team. My issue is that for such a long time there has been reasons (valid or not) for lack of success. I hope that the club turning a profit means the future is bright but if your honest do you really believe that? If west's were only one a 3 clubs to make a profit, that means that there was possibly 6 teams in the top 8 that lost money...but played finals.

Again, i want the club to succeed but i think pinning all our hopes on some extra cash is not the magic bullet.

It’s not the cash mate . It’s the way in which we acquired it , and where it is being spent .
Even if that is to wine and dine powerful people into signing off on a a new COE.
But players are attracted to the roosters because of cash . Because of what it brings , who it brings, how it makes them look , and sets them up. It used to be Manly with the fat cheque book.
Then it was the bulldogs for a while there . Even we had a go at it in the late 80s.
You need money to make money. I don’t see why this is so hard to understand? Players want their egos stroked , and the fuel that makes them push through adversity to strive for greatness , doesn’t just end when they leave the gym or footy field .

@Glenn5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098266) said:
(how much “value” does a sponsor really recieve other than some marketing exposure).

Though, according to Lee, our chairman, his firm invests heavily as it is their best source of return. Sadly, marketing exposure along with canapes and champagne in private boxes is the reality for most.

@Geo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098309) said:
Looks like we missed out on another one Tyrell Fuimaono signs with Dragons for 2 years..damn..

Brings dragons squad to 28 players

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098216) said:
>Well bottom to top seems an idea , the club’s set up to protect itself and it’s heirachy for starters Being a member means nothing really you don’t have a say in its leadership Wonder how much more passion our board would have for results if they had members ready to sack them if they failed

Yes, you are a ticketed member not a voting member. I'm not under any false illusions about what my membership means.

Argue it all you like , you accept mediocrity and I’ll go as far as saying you eat sleep and bath in mediocrity as far as the WT’s go
And our past on field …your kidding right …so we can’t comment on our past performances
So the club can make any promise it likes and not deliver and that’s ok with you …I wish I worked for you

Don't assume to tell me what I accept.

I just don't think you understand the difference I am trying to explain, between accepting a bad team and accepting that they are YOUR bad team. I didn't choose Tigers, they were thrust upon me, warts and all. The losses always feel bad, but personally I can't do anything about it. I get over it, move on. I am fatally aware of the very limited capacity I personally have for impacting the actual real-world club performances.

Oh, I could piss and moan about it until blue in the face, but this is the internet and I'm nobody, and nobody at the Tigers actually cares. I didn't mention anything about past performances, I just said administrative items like Farahgate or Cleary are done, dead, you can't do anything about those anymore. It's especially pointless to argue about behind-the-scenes stuff like whether or not Pascoe is a good CEO, whether the WT board is any good. You'll never know.

You end up with two options - keep following the club, or stop following the club. It's pointless to follow the club and hate it, unless you are some kind of sadist.

And that I think was old man tiger's point - everyone on here is a passionate Tigers fan and that means we've all endured a very very long history of failure. At some level, everyone must be accepting mediocrity, by your definition, otherwise they would have quit footy or found a new club.

So the club can make any promise it likes and not deliver and that's ok with you .....I wish I worked for you

Also, if you worked for me, I'd put my boot right in your arse. But you don't work for me, and neither does anyone at the Tigers.

@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098395) said:
So the club can make any promise it likes and not deliver and that's ok with you .....I wish I worked for you

Also, if you worked for me, I'd put my boot right in your arse. But you don't work for me, and neither does anyone at the Tigers.

:grinning: :laughing: :joy:

@Geo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098402) said:
@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098395) said:

:grinning: :laughing: :joy:

Lmao
?

True supporters don't continually winge and complain about their team. What can they do to improve their team's performance? All they can do is support their team.

Go the tigers I’m not sure why but I can see us making finals next yeah gonna our 500 on it I think just got a feeling

@finnzo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098438) said:
Go the tigers I’m not sure why but I can see us making finals next yeah gonna our 500 on it I think just got a feeling

Happy will take that bet and return you 50K...

@finnzo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098438) said:

I hope you are talking cents not dollars there

Looks like we missed out on another one Tyrell Fuimaono signs with Dragons for 2 years..damn..

The dude has a penchant for suspect haircuts.

![582FE112-AFB0-4D65-A290-12AD716C0AA1.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1578390996217-582fe112-afb0-4d65-a290-12ad716c0aa1.jpeg)

Also, apologies for any distress/anger caused by viewing the Grubbitohs jersey present in this image.

@BalmainJnr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098451) said:

The dude has a penchant for suspect haircuts.

![582FE112-AFB0-4D65-A290-12AD716C0AA1.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1578390996217-582fe112-afb0-4d65-a290-12ad716c0aa1.jpeg)

Also, apologies for any distress/anger caused by viewing the Grubbitohs jersey present in this image.

Attention @Russell trigger warning old mate.

@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098388) said:
You end up with two options - keep following the club, or stop following the club. It's pointless to follow the club and hate it, unless you are some kind of sadist.

And that I think was old man tiger's point - everyone on here is a passionate Tigers fan and that means we've all endured a very very long history of failure. At some level, everyone must be accepting mediocrity, by your definition, otherwise they would have quit footy or found a new club.

That's pretty much what I was saying, we are on the forum in January after all

It's footy.
It's your blood type.
It's escape from the other 6 days.
It's your team.
It's your mates.
It's footy.

@tiger_one said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098491) said:
It's footy.
It's your blood type.
It's escape from the other 6 days.
It's your team.
It's your mates.
It's footy.

It’s the vibe.

- Dennis Denuto

@WT2K said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098345) said:

Brings dragons squad to 28 players

Never heard of him, and I am pretty sure that Wests were never after him.

I can confirm we offered him a train and trial only, but he said no to it.

@Tiger_Talk said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098853) said:

I can confirm we offered him a train and trial only, but he said no to it.

Good

Saved us some heartache

Normally players like that say yes and we all suffer

Members online

Back