Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098254) said:
It is entertainment. We need to return to our roots of attack. Very rarely does a forward pass get called prior to a try.

Of course winning is important but I'm most happy when the Tigers just play "Tigers football" a la 2005.....throw the ball around, play risky, try to score as many points per minute as possible. Have a go. I hate the structured, decoy running angle this hole running that crap that has ruined the NRL. Sign some players with flair, or at least let the players with flair use it.

@gallagher said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098259) said:
@Cultured_Bogan said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098257) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098246) said:
@krayola said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098237) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098097) said:
@gallagher said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098096) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098095) said:
@the_third said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098067) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098056) said:
@Tweed_Tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1097907) said:
![pascoe2.JPG](/assets/uploads/files/1578282404957-pascoe2.jpg)

Yes Justin ...those 4-5 options @ 9 measure up so well against the player they are replacing

Justin will be the member for Balmain next election ...he is so good a feeding the fungi

Explain why he would be a member for Balmain And not just a forum member like you?

Because he has the political speak down pat

We have 4-5 candidates for the hooker spot

None are worth diddly squat and will be playing out of position ( bar the one who keeps getting injured ) , but they are candidates

That is the problem , we have been become so conditioned to mediocrity and believed so much garbage that has come from one CEO to the next and so on and so forth , and every coach from so on and so forth , and one chairperson to the next and so on and so forth

But the worst thing is this ...we tell them what we want ...one home ground ...competitive footy side ...a board that is not chosen to represent our past entities ...one that is chosen to use their respective strengths to help us move forward both on and off field

I don't support this club to see sound corporate governance ( don't get me wrong , it's nice to be breaking even ) but we need to start moving upwards on field and really it's starting to go backwards

Time flies. We got the independant board in 2014, Pascoe in 2015 and Wests took 75% ownership in 2016.
We should be well and truly seeing results by now.
As far as breaking even goes, did that coincide with the NRL grant increasing to 125% of the salary cap?

But the thing that gets me the most is you see posters on the Forum who obviously have a firm grasp of football and what is going on at the club constantly blame anyone and everyone bar the people they should be blaming .....the decision makers across the board at the club

Its almost like they think if they admit the club is at fault that they as supporters are at fault ..or they can't admit the club is at fault or that would be the beginning of the end as a supporter

We also rarely see anyone that blame the board have anything more constructive to say than "fire the board". Yeah, like that's just going to magically fix the problem.

We need to start again from scratch ..make the tough decisions we should have made from Day 1

***Having a board that is accountable to the members is a must for starters***

I'd even be prepared to make some really radical decisions to roll the entire roster over

Set 2022 as the season for example , have no current players on the roster (bar the 3-4 you would keep ) signed past then and roll the whole roster over and start again if needs be

People may complain about losing our history , this clubs 8 year history isn't worth keeping or remembering

You realise how the club is structured, right?

That doesnt help does it. No voting rights.

So you don't have voting rights if you're a member of Ashfield? Pretty sure you get to elect their board.

@tiger05premier said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098223) said:
Some things I was told over coffee this morning with a very prominent player manager:
AJ to Tigers is done, will be with them before the weekend
Xerri will be announced at the Roosters shortly after the Latrell issue is resolved. Sharks are absolutely filthy with him, look for Josh Morris to head to the Sharks in return.
JAC will be a bulldog. Melbourne will allow him to go this year, want Lewis in return.

That was from a rabbits supporter on one of their forums

What no good oil on the most important issue concerning the Bunnies? Is JA secured for 2020.?

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098260) said:

Yes Justin ...those 4-5 options @ 9 measure up so well against the player they are replacing

Justin will be the member for Balmain next election ...he is so good a feeding the fungi

Explain why he would be a member for Balmain And not just a forum member like you?

None are worth diddly squat and will be playing out of position ( bar the one who keeps getting injured ) , but they are candidates

That is the problem , we have been become so conditioned to mediocrity and believed so much garbage that has come from one CEO to the next and so on and so forth , and every coach from so on and so forth , and one chairperson to the next and so on and so forth

But the worst thing is this ...we tell them what we want ...one home ground ...competitive footy side ...a board that is not chosen to represent our past entities ...one that is chosen to use their respective strengths to help us move forward both on and off field

I don't support this club to see sound corporate governance ( don't get me wrong , it's nice to be breaking even ) but we need to start moving upwards on field and really it's starting to go backwards

Time flies. We got the independant board in 2014, Pascoe in 2015 and Wests took 75% ownership in 2016.
As far as breaking even goes, did that coincide with the NRL grant increasing to 125% of the salary cap?

But the thing that gets me the most is you see posters on the Forum who obviously have a firm grasp of football and what is going on at the club constantly blame anyone and everyone bar the people they should be blaming .....the decision makers across the board at the club

Its almost like they think if they admit the club is at fault that they as supporters are at fault ..or they can't admit the club is at fault or that would be the beginning of the end as a supporter

We also rarely see anyone that blame the board have anything more constructive to say than "fire the board". Yeah, like that's just going to magically fix the problem.

We need to start again from scratch ..make the tough decisions we should have made from Day 1

I'd even be prepared to make some really radical decisions to roll the entire roster over

Set 2022 as the season for example , have no current players on the roster (bar the 3-4 you would keep ) signed past then and roll the whole roster over and start again if needs be

People may complain about losing our history , this clubs 8 year history isn't worth keeping or remembering

Totally understand ..and it is/was one of our biggest mistakes

It wasnt and isnt a mistake. That model (unfortunately) is dead. The game now is a business and is an almost unique business in that it requires big money but almost entirely relies on begging on donations from business (how much "value" does a sponsor really recieve other than some marketing exposure).

The Tigers and all clubs rely on big business pouring in big money which is not going to happen if the stability of the board is unstable and at the will of members each year. Same goes for Wests Ashfield.

I was a voting member of BDRLDFC and I loved it but unfortunately those days are gone.

@Glenn5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098266) said:

It wasnt and isnt a mistake. That model (unfortunately) is dead. The game now is a business and is an almost unique business in that it requires big money but almost entirely relies on begging on donations from business (how much "value" does a sponsor really recieve other than some marketing exposure).

The Tigers and all clubs rely on big business pouring in big money which is not going to happen if the stability of the board is unstable and at the will of members each year. Same goes for Wests Ashfield.

I was a voting member of BDRLDFC and I loved it but unfortunately those days are gone.

Parra and the Dogs would argue with you , they voted the board out at the Dogs in 2018

@Cultured_Bogan said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098263) said:

So you don't have voting rights if you're not a member of Ashfield? Pretty sure you get to elect their board.

Well you get to vote for the leagues club board, who then appoint the wests tigers board. Its not the same as being a football club member with direct voting rights.

You get value from your sponsorship when you get seen playing footy in late September / early October

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098250) said:
@Newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098248) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098198) said:
@Masterton said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098134) said:

But the worst thing is this ...we tell them what we want ...one home ground

Speak for yourself. I don't want 1 home ground if it means no games at Leichhardt.

As for the hooker role, I would definitely prefer to see an established hooker there but I imagine it's Maguire who makes the call of whether we can cover with what we have. The last thing I want is a CEO choosing the team for the coach.

If the majority agreed on Leichhardt ...then make it Leichhardt ...just choose one bloody home ground

But that won't happen because the only way we can break even is from using 5 different home grounds for 12 games

And that's the other problem , winning football games is taking a back seat to breaking even

When I get in a pissing contest about my side , I don't want my argument that the WT's are good because we are financially viable to be my sole (or soul ) argument

Last time I checked they don't pick the Top 8 based on your bank account

And it seems that it doesn't excite players we are trying to recruit either

NRL is now definitely much more a business than a sport.

Some clubs amazingly manage to do both , we should give it a red hot dig for a change

I was of the understanding that our financial position is in a much better state this year as far as the business goes...
I also understand that Madge and co are trying to put together a very good squad that will be able to make the 8 this year,sounds good so far to me,I may have a different perspective than you,we do seem to be heading in a forward direction rather than backwards like previous years,just my opinion though,Im no expert but can see from the outside looking in without panic surrounding me..

@GNR4LIFE said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098245) said:
@tigerbalm said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098175) said:
@old_man_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098161) said:
If you truly don't accept mediocrity then you have to walk away from things in life that are both outside your control and not up to your expectations.

Coming to a forum and discussing the "mediocre" entity is actually called whingeing.

All this tough talk every rough patch from the same people shows that they are very tolerant of failure, since few if any ever actually stop following the club. Why do we have to read the same tantrum over and over again?

lol. What a load of garbage.

Also, you don't have to read it. if you truly do not accept reading the same tantrum you can walk away. Complaining about reading it is actually called whinging.

Love that logic! it works anywhere!

It’s not garbage. What are you doing differently to those who supposedly do accept mediocrity? You’re still here every week like they are.

Garbage was aimed at the logic.

I'm discussing the short comings, that's what I'm doing. I dont want to financially impact the club so I still renew, I still attend games but I can also vent my frustrations at how (looking on the outside) things are being run. Hopefully I'm wrong. Hopefully 2020 will be the start of a golden era.

I think people get all mixed up on here with the difference between death riding and concern for something you are passionate about. They take it personal if question anything the club does. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing.

@gallagher said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098268) said:

So you don't have voting rights if you're not a member of Ashfield? Pretty sure you get to elect their board.

Well you get to vote for the leagues club board, who then appoint the wests tigers board. Its not the same as being a football club member with direct voting rights.

So you elect a board who appoint the WT board. Sounds like if you're a member of WA you have voting rights and since they control 75% of the club soooooooo if you're a member, then WA is accountable to you which flies in the face of what Happy reckons.

@TrueTiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098271) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098250) said:
@Newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098248) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098198) said:
@Masterton said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098134) said:

But the worst thing is this ...we tell them what we want ...one home ground

Speak for yourself. I don't want 1 home ground if it means no games at Leichhardt.

As for the hooker role, I would definitely prefer to see an established hooker there but I imagine it's Maguire who makes the call of whether we can cover with what we have. The last thing I want is a CEO choosing the team for the coach.

If the majority agreed on Leichhardt ...then make it Leichhardt ...just choose one bloody home ground

But that won't happen because the only way we can break even is from using 5 different home grounds for 12 games

And that's the other problem , winning football games is taking a back seat to breaking even

When I get in a pissing contest about my side , I don't want my argument that the WT's are good because we are financially viable to be my sole (or soul ) argument

Last time I checked they don't pick the Top 8 based on your bank account

And it seems that it doesn't excite players we are trying to recruit either

NRL is now definitely much more a business than a sport.

Some clubs amazingly manage to do both , we should give it a red hot dig for a change

I was of the understanding that our financial position is in a much better state this year as far as the business goes...
>

This get repeated so often on here, but is it true?

@Cultured_Bogan said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098274) said:

So you elect a board who appoint the WT board. Sounds like if you're a member of WA you have voting rights and since they control 75% of the club soooooooo if you're a member, then WA is accountable to you which flies in the face of what Happy reckons.

The problem is the membership base of Wests Ashfield that now have voting rights to elect a board would be lucky to be 2% footy related...

Whilst Ashfield is making profits the members don't give a toss who is on the board..

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098267) said:

Parra and the Dogs would argue with you , they voted the board out at the Dogs in 2018

Parra are the perfect example of what I am talking about. A totally dysfunctional board that have been incompetent, performing actual illegalities, salary cap rorting, constant turmoil and changeover, wracked with member unrest and politics for probably the last ten years(probably longer, since Fitzgerald). Additionally, the Parramatta NRL club is owned by the Leagues Club and so the "members" that vote for the board are not Football Club members but Leagues Club members. The same people who decide whether Thursday night is bingo night, run the Football club. What has it brought? The longest premiership drought in the comp, the most recent spoons.

Roosters, Melbourne, Nth Qld, Brisbane, Souffs, Manly, Warriors & St. George would probably agree with my post,they also make up 8 of the 10 Grand Finalists in the last ten years . Would we want to follow the lead of 80% of the grand finalists over the last ten years or the club with most spoons in the last ten years?

The idea of fans holding the reins in the professional age is not going to work even though I love the idea of it from a romantic point of view.

No I'm suggesting I'd rather the WA voting rights as a member of 5 years or more over the protected species we have at the WT's

@Glenn5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098280) said:

Parra are the perfect example of what I am talking about. A totally dysfunctional board that have been incompetent, performing actual illegalities, salary cap rorting, constant turmoil and changeover, wracked with member unrest and politics for probably the last ten years. Additionally, the Parramatta NRL club is owned by the Leagues Club and so the "members" that vote for the board are not Football Club members but Leagues Club members. The same people who decide whether Thursday night is bingo night, run the Football club. What has it brought? The longest premiership drought in the comp, the most recent spoons.

Roosters, Melbourne, Nth Qld, Brisbane, Souffs, Manly, Warriors & St. George would probably agree with my post,they also make up 8 of the 10 Grand Finalists in the last ten years (probably longer, since Fitzgerald). Would we want to follow the lead of 80% of the grand finalists over the last ten years or the club with most spoons in the last ten years?

The idea of fans holding the reins in the professional age is not going to work even though I love the idea of it from a romantic point of view.

You're probably right Glen. As much as the clubs say differently the fans have no say and dont matter anymore.

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098269) said:

You get value from your sponsorship when you get seen playing footy in late September / early October

I agree, and IMO that backs up my point that a sponsor will be happier to invest with the hope of getting to October, knowing the board, staff etc and are less likely to do so if they know that Happy, Glenn, Avo, Gallagher can get the shits and vote everyone out.

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098281) said:

No I'm suggesting I'd rather the WA voting rights as a member of 5 years or more over the protected species we have at the WT's

Then become a member? WA obviously don't have an issue with the the way the club is being run and I am sure they want to see the club turn around as they will see a better ROI if they do, as would the voting members who probably won't want WT to be a money pit for Ashfield.

If you have a problem sign up to Wests Ashfield.

@Glenn5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098280) said:

Parra are the perfect example of what I am talking about. A totally dysfunctional board that have been incompetent, performing actual illegalities, salary cap rorting, constant turmoil and changeover, wracked with member unrest and politics for probably the last ten years. Additionally, the Parramatta NRL club is owned by the Leagues Club and so the "members" that vote for the board are not Football Club members but Leagues Club members. The same people who decide whether Thursday night is bingo night, run the Football club. What has it brought? The longest premiership drought in the comp, the most recent spoons.

Roosters, Melbourne, Nth Qld, Brisbane, Souffs, Manly, Warriors & St. George would probably agree with my post,they also make up 8 of the 10 Grand Finalists in the last ten years (probably longer, since Fitzgerald). Would we want to follow the lead of 80% of the grand finalists over the last ten years or the club with most spoons in the last ten years?

I wasn't suggesting the board at Parra was any good lol , I just mentioned they are two clubs whose members still have a say

In a round about way thats true.
But as a WA member would I be able to see WT's profit and loss? Address the board at all?

@gallagher said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1098286) said:

In a round about way thats true.
But as a WA member would I be able to see WT's profit and loss? Address the board at all?

Not sure about P&L. You'd get to address the majority of the board seeing as five of the eight WT directors are WA directors/CEO (Cook, Burgess, Andreacchio, Liubinksas & Wayde.)

Latest posts

Back