Skando

LukeH

While not offering a massive ability to turn the game last night, I thought he was really solid. Didn't miss tackles and made some good hard yards when we needed. Not exceptional, but a good showing for someone who bleeds our colours.

@hybrid_tiger said:
He was dominated in every tackle.

We have better, younger options.

I dont agree with your first statement, that is rubbish. I agree with your second one though.

I must have been watching a different game because as soon as he hit the line he dropped everytime from what I saw.

I love him but his time is up and some of you need to take the black and white glasses off.

I would prefer Moors but im not Mr Sheens. Skando did play well but week in week out I believe his performances will slide.
Match fitness would be an issue. Skando is all heart…..and you've gotta give that to him. Im an old maggie so to see the last strand of Original Black and White always makes me smile. But "I really think that it is time to hang the boots up! Skando is the last of the men to have donned either Wests or Balmain colours before the Merger. Champion!
WESTS TIGERS Premiership bound!

God bless him & he is a cult hero & all that but he does not deserve to be in 1st grade simple as that
Moors would have made much more of an impact

Hopefully there has been method to this coaching madness and the two young fellas (Moors and Fafita) will return with some more rip and bust about them over the next few big games.

If that happens then Skando was used correctly and in the right game.

have been lurking for years on this forum and its predecessesor. thought i should say something on this. with all due respect John Skandalis lifted that side every minute he was on the field. get used to it he will be there until grand final day

are u guys sure you watched the same game i did?????

I thought he was poking out the other side of the defence on most of his runs. Did the job the coach asked of him and plugged a hole around the ruck. The erratic nature of Moors and Fifita at times is one reason for the Skandalis selection - Sheens was looking for a no thrills safety option. If Galloway is out this week I think Skandalis will get another run.

@ctmagpie said:
have been lurking for years on this forum and its predecessesor. thought i should say something on this. with all due respect John Skandalis lifted that side every minute he was on the field. get used to it he will be there until grand final day

are u guys sure you watched the same game i did?????

Geez, take the blinkers off

He did what he was asked to do without standing out in any way. But the point is that we have better options.

18 tackles, no misses, 9 run at 7.5, in 33 minutes.

Did they score a point while he was on?

I thought the team seemed to settle when he went on.

Which may have been the point in the first place …

For a long time I didnt rate Skando as highly as some on here but I thought he went pretty good last night. To me, he seemed to bend the line more than both Gibbs and Payto. Not a bad effort from the old fella. I could make room for him in my squad. Dump Flanagan and Fitzy off the bench and replace them with Moors and Fifita. So Skando, Dwyer, Fifita, Moors - that is a bench I would take any day.

Calm down guys he is being brought up to speed in case a couple of props go down..I would of prefered Moors last night but I can see what is going on good move to have a ready replacement shame the coach does not use this re a 1/2.

@hybrid_tiger said:
I must have been watching a different game because as soon as he hit the line he dropped everytime from what I saw.

I love him but his time is up and some of you need to take the black and white glasses off.

No need to turn this into a magpies balmain thing HT….. I thought you were past that.

He didnt let us down, thats what most that WERENT bagging his selection was saying.
As Snake says...he's a bit insurance, and a cool old head among a very very green bench of forwards with NO semis experience

Gibbs, Fulton, Payten, Farah, Heighington and Ellis have all won Premierships…....

Wouldn't say short on Expirience....Opportunity sure....

he wanna be doin more then that last night to warrant his selection…what did he have 4 hit ups? total waste.....

@innsaneink said:
@hybrid_tiger said:

No need to turn this into a magpies balmain thing HT….. I thought you were past that.

He didnt let us down, thats what most that WERENT bagging his selection was saying.
As Snake says...he's a bit insurance, and a cool old head among a very very green bench of forwards with NO semis experience

well to be honest .. skando has played more games for the tigers than the magpies … in my books he is as much a tigers legend as wayne pearce is ........his presence lifted the side last night ...the fact that a 34 y/o can come back and play solidly means the competition is not at a high level like in past seasons ....

@tiger tigers said:
@innsaneink said:
@hybrid_tiger said:

well to be honest .. skando has played more games for the tigers than the magpies … in my books he is as much a tigers legend as wayne pearce is ........his presence lifted the side last night ...the fact that a 34 y/o can come back and play solidly means the competition is not at a high level like in past seasons ....

lol his presence.. dude…he did nothing...mean while moors may opt out of his second year because an undeserving fossil is playing ahead of him

Staff online

Back