Slater kicks Klemmer in the neck

clokan

Against the Bulldogs, Slater jumps to take a bomb and puts his foot out and gets Klemmer straight in the neck. The penalty initially went Melbourne's was but was reversed. Those of you that saw it what did you think? I believe Slater does it intentionally, maybe not to intentionally kick someone, but to protect himself.

I don 't think that will be the only strange ref call tonight. The Storm seem to have a range of nasty reactions when attacking and defending

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

I don't think Slater jumps up into the air thinking "I am going to kick this guy in the throat"

Billy Slater can be a real grub on the field. If you listen to the commentary, he can do no wrong. The argument that if he didn't go in to tackle him mid air, he would not have been kicked is rubbish. I remember his style of catching and kicking his leg out was brought up a couple of years ago saying this sort of thing would happen.

If you watch Slater and Darius Boyd most weeks they do stuff like quite often. They need to be penalised
so others don't fall into doing the wrong thing. If this continues someone will get really badly hurt.

@foreveratiger said:
@BenjiMagic96 said:
I don't think Slater jumps up into the air thinking "I am going to kick this guy in the throat"

yep that's what i thought .

Of course Slater did it on purpose ,he is a Qlder and is preparing for life after football with his MMA career

Nothing in it.

The way he leaps is the reason he gets so much air.

@BenjiMagic96 said:

Of course he doesn't but im sure we'll get a couple people disputing that no doubt

If anyone seriously believes that Slater didn't jump and intentionally put that foot out is dreaming. He is practically the only player that I can think of who continuously goes studs first, whether taking bombs or stopping side line tries.

There is a purposeful extension of the leg in an attempt to inhibit the incoming defender. Clear as daylight.

Very dangerous.

:sign:

I like Billy, despite his handicap of being a Storm/QLD'duh. But anyone can see his grubness on display if you watch enough footy.

I think obviously he didn't jump to kick Klemmer in the neck but what he did was pretty reckless and he needs to look at his technique a bit more. That could of caused serious damage whether it was intentional or not.

Slater put his leg out but his eyes never left the ball. I don't feel as though he stuck his foot out to collect Klemmer, and a penalty was sufficient.

Thought Klemmer should have been charged for leading with his head. What if his headbutt broke Billy's foot? Something must be done to stamp out this type of play….shocking.

I think anyone with a clue of game sense knows he is putting his leg out to defend himself from a big hit. I was waiting for this exact incident to happen so it will be interesting to see what will come of it. It would have to be a charge for studding someone in the head whose head was at usual height. Its a very dangerous play that would have got sent-off if it occurred in football.

I do remember him sliding into wingers who were diving into the corners. This is a little different to it but so much the same. He really has to stop using his boots and feet so much.

If you look at it closely, slater does jump up, knee in the air not extended. But as he turns his head to look at klemmer. At that moment he extends his leg which then gets klemmer in the neck. It seemed intentional

Their is no rule which addresses the aspect of how an attacking player can attempt to catch a kick, but he rules clearly state Klemmer shouldn't be there!

I'd say the match review panel will send it to the judiciary, but nothing will come of it once you apply a legal argument.

Latest posts

Back