@cktiger said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385036) said:
@twentyforty said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385022) said:
@happy_tiger said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385017) said:
@innsaneink said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385012) said:
@happy_tiger said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384987) said:
@innsaneink said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384959) said:
@happy_tiger said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384887) said:
Better side won

Only Qlder who deserves feeding was Fotuika ...the rest of the side barring maybe Arrow was pitiful

Green proved why he got sacked at the Cows ...2nd man ..2nd man plays are not going to stack up at this level

Refereeing in the 1st twenty was shocking ....the kick that you got a penalty from and took the 2 .....it was sitting out side my letterbox by the time JAC even crossed the try line

1st try was after a missed offside call ten metres from the NSW try line after we put that kick up and it was knocked on by NSW and then grabbed in a offside position by NSW

2nd try ...watch it again ...shocking obstruction / shepherd in the lead up play / break

Game was over at 14-0

Townsville is a poo place ...nothing good ever happens in Townsville

How was the third try.... and the 4th, 5th....6th 7th & 8th?

???

I guess the top comment covered that ...better side won

Oh sorry.... Your Butthurt bleating distracted me from that gracious concession.... Carry on

Stop being a negative nelly about my negative nelly rant

The biggest call that turned the game was the missed obstruction / shepherd call leading up to the 2nd try

Goers from 14-0 to 8-0 with Qld getting a penalty 40 out ...but then again with Green's popgun plans in attack

Just my opinion, but I tend to think the 52 missed tackles by QLD had a major bearing on the outcome?
Has there ever been, in the history of Origin, a side clock up that many missed tackles with an even share of possession?
Gosh, in 2015 when QLD had 70% possession helping them rack up 50 points, the Blues missed only 39 tackles.

At one point QLD had 5 sets in a row ...and still couldn't get anything done.
Defence got it done for NSW and our backs ran riot.

What I don’t understand is, as Kenty was saying Qld always selects a team which can defend, based on the premise defence wins big games, while the blues build a team based on its capacity to pile on points. So what went wrong with Qld’s defensive effort? I think the damage had been done before those 5 consecutive sets, Blues had already asserted their dominance in the centre. It’s always been that way in big games imo, just the same as a game of chess. Control the centre early and you control the game.

@happy_tiger said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384992) said:
Biggest problem Qld have is Paul Green

To a large extent that offsets NSW having a poor coach in Fittler

Looking at the blues squad you really need to view the importance of those panthers boys. you can see why they havent been beaten in an age. Its alot of talent.

Really strong game by the Blues.

To'o is a pocket rocket but can we start penalising him for ducking his head into every tackle? Where are you supposed to tackle a guy who puts his head in front of his body every bloody tackle. If the NRL is serious about this crackdown, some onus has to be put on the man carrying the ball.

Turbo/Mitchell were out of this world. QLD will have to get dirty in the middle next game. The game was won on the edges, the middle barely saw the ball.

@geo said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384991) said:
I looooved DCE's half game cliche' "It's all about momentum'..lololo

Then this mornin we just couldn't handle Tom Trbojevic... we just have to limit his time with the ball...OMG..ya think..

And the other 16! But hey I'm not complaining if they want to get hung up on one player. We blew them off the park all round.

Also I feel Joe O may be dropped for the second game. Really hope it doesn't affect his confidence and belief at NRL level. You may get a 2nd chance in origin but no one gets a third. He'll need to improve if he's picked in the 2nd game.

@dwight-schrute said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385023) said:
@gallagher said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384942) said:
@watersider said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384941) said:
@gallagher said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384923) said:
@happy_tiger said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384921) said:
@hugh1954 said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384918) said:
@gallagher said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384912) said:
I just wanna say a huge up yours to NSW people who wanna cheer on the opposition due to 'penrith tossers' , 'political selections' etc.
Suck on a fat one, you stateless wankers.

I just feel sorry for you if thats what it takes to make you feel better

I can see where Gal is coming from .......from 1959 to 1980 Qld won 4 games and 1 draw v NSW

And we stuck solid

How on earth fans cheer against their own state really baffles me.

Enjoyed your passion for the contest. I just don't care. Borders are constructs. The only thing real to me is the Tigers.

Even chanting New South Wales suggests some sort of odd obsession with the western region of the UK, rather than a deep love for the territory that it's used to label this place.

I don't mind people who don't care. I don't like people who cheer for another state.

There are those of us for whom it isn't so cut and dried.
I'm an Ashfield boy but I've lived in Queensland for 20 odd years.
I support the Blues, but I don't hate Queensland anymore. It's hard when you love the place and the people.

It’s true, QLD is a paradise and the natives are good people.

@tig_prmz said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385055) said:
Also I feel Joe O may be dropped for the second game. Really hope it doesn't affect his confidence and belief at NRL level. You may get a 2nd chance in origin but no one gets a third. He'll need to improve if he's picked in the 2nd game.

I thought the exact same thing when he made that poor attempt defending their goal line for the try under the posts. It was a very Wests Tigers like performance.

@tig_prmz said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385053) said:
Really strong game by the Blues.
To’o is a pocket rocket but can we start penalising him for ducking his head into every tackle? Where are you supposed to tackle a guy who puts his head in front of his body every bloody tackle. If the NRL is serious about this crackdown, some onus has to be put on the man carrying the ball.

Same deal with players turning their back into tackles and then getting a penalty for a crusher.

Makes it really hard for the defenders to avoid it, and as you say, some onus has to be put on the man carrying the ball.

I can’t see the toad lickers coming back from this ... I reckon they’ll get pumped again in games 2 & 3

I noticed the "Badge" in the box and room for the Blues.... at least there was a "WT" there somewhere...lol

Joe Ofahengaue joins Scott Prince (2004) and Moses Mbye (2019) as WT players to have represented QLD at Origin level.

I was thinking how to describe Turbos game last night. Incredible, amazing, and sensational.
Settled on ‘Doueihiesque’

@tiger_fanatic3 said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385071) said:
I was thinking how to describe Turbos game last night. Incredible, amazing, and sensational.

😂

@hobbo1 said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385076) said:
@tiger_fanatic3 said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385071) said:

?

? ?

@dazza65 said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385063) said:
I noticed the "Badge" in the box and room for the Blues.... at least their was a "WT" there somewhere...lol

I’m still finding it hard to get my mind around Badge being synonymous with Wests Tigers!

@hobbo1 said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385061) said:
I can’t see the toad lickers coming back from this ... I reckon they’ll get pumped again in games 2 & 3

I can.

I think in the forwards it was even. I think the halves were even too. Maybe Harry Grant struggled by himself vs Cookie but he seemed to hold his own.

In the backs, well... Far out. You have
Val Holmes, Xavier Coats, Kurt Capewell, Dane Gagai, Kyle Feldt.
Vs.
Teddy, Brian To'o, Latrell Mitchell, Tommy Turbo and JAC. (kept wanting to write AOC, damn acronyms).

Seriously no comparison. Capewell is good but not up to that level. Gagai, had turned back the clock last season.... Holmes can be brilliant, but isn't at the level of Teddy or Tommy Turbo.

You start putting AJ Brimstone in at fullback, move Holmes in for Feldt. I can see the side become more competitive. If you bring in say Malonie for hooker with Grant, it could be interesting.

Still see a 3/0 NSW win, but a far tighter game once they upgrade the back line. Maroons coach way too loyal to
Feldt, Gagai well we usually see him go up a level at origin but hey how many years can he keep doing this. Worked in 2020, not 2021.

Brian To'o was just huge on the wing. Expect a very large opposition wing to try and stop him.

Back