SOO Game 1 2021 *Spoilers

@crazycat said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385082) said:
@hobbo1 said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385061) said:
I can’t see the toad lickers coming back from this ... I reckon they’ll get pumped again in games 2 & 3

I can.

I think in the forwards it was even. I think the halves were even too. Maybe Harry Grant struggled by himself vs Cookie but he seemed to hold his own.

In the backs, well... Far out. You have
Val Holmes, Xavier Coats, Kurt Capewell, Dane Gagai, Kyle Feldt.
Vs.
Teddy, Brian To'o, Latrell Mitchell, Tommy Turbo and JAC. (kept wanting to write AOC, damn acronyms).

Seriously no comparison. Capewell is good but not up to that level. Gagai, had turned back the clock last season.... Holmes can be brilliant, but isn't at the level of Teddy or Tommy Turbo.

You start putting AJ Brimstone in at fullback, move Holmes in for Feldt. I can see the side become more competitive. If you bring in say Malonie for hooker with Grant, it could be interesting.

Still see a 3/0 NSW win, but a far tighter game once they upgrade the back line. Maroons coach way too loyal to
Feldt, Gagai well we usually see him go up a level at origin but hey how many years can he keep doing this. Worked in 2020, not 2021.

Brian To'o was just huge on the wing. Expect a very large opposition wing to try and stop him.

Oh they will definitely come back, they always do. It’s made for the theatre.

@tonytiger said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384883) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384850) said:
@wt2k said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384844) said:
Tino = overrated

he is a myth

What about Jai Arrow (King Myth!)
... he’s the Wimpy Kid !

I think they should send him to live in Syria,

@hank37w said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385060) said:
@tig_prmz said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385053) said:
Really strong game by the Blues.
To’o is a pocket rocket but can we start penalising him for ducking his head into every tackle? Where are you supposed to tackle a guy who puts his head in front of his body every bloody tackle. If the NRL is serious about this crackdown, some onus has to be put on the man carrying the ball.

Same deal with players turning their back into tackles and then getting a penalty for a crusher.

Makes it really hard for the defenders to avoid it, and as you say, some onus has to be put on the man carrying the ball.

I think backing in to tackle is slightly OK, but what I don't like is when they drop low and try to pull their head out of the other side with defence on top. You're literally putting yourself in a position to get crushed and you just know that if they get up holding their neck, the guy is going on report.

@gallagher said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384926) said:
@hugh1954 said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384925) said:
@gallagher said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384923) said:
@happy_tiger said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384921) said:
@hugh1954 said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384918) said:
@gallagher said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384912) said:
I just wanna say a huge up yours to NSW people who wanna cheer on the opposition due to 'penrith tossers' , 'political selections' etc.
Suck on a fat one, you stateless wankers.

I just feel sorry for you if thats what it takes to make you feel better

I can see where Gal is coming from .......from 1959 to 1980 Qld won 4 games and 1 draw v NSW

And we stuck solid

How on earth fans cheer against their own state really baffles me.

Confusion i thought you were ripping into nsw supporters for following penrith players, they are still nsw

Nah mate, the opposite. Wankers on here and elsewhere cheering on QLD despite being NSWmen.

Sickens me, go Fredo frog @Cairnstigers

and

What nice names you have for you fellow Tigers supporters
Are you a child or a man
I would expect nothing less from a child or un educated person who feels the need to resort to name calling of fellow Forum members

I guess being smashed by Qld for so long has done this to you
After all your emotions were released last night because NSW had a good win, you want to get on here and attack members of this forum
Thanks for picking me out by the way

If you can't handle someone's opinion maybe it's best you say nothing or take a break from the forum and cool down a little

I don't have a problem with Friendly banter but personal attacks is a different story

Time to grow up

Even though turbo got man of the match, best thing he did all night was elbow cleary in the head

@cairnstigers said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385092) said:
I just wanna say a huge up yours to NSW people who wanna cheer on the opposition due to 'penrith tossers' , 'political selections' etc.

I can see where Gal is coming from .......from 1959 to 1980 Qld won 4 games and 1 draw v NSW

And we stuck solid

Confusion i thought you were ripping into nsw supporters for following penrith players, they are still nsw

Nah mate, the opposite. Wankers on here and elsewhere cheering on QLD despite being NSWmen.

and

Are you a child or a man
I would expect nothing less from a child or un educated person who feels the need to resort to name calling of fellow Forum members

After all your emotions were released last night because NSW had a good win, you want to get on here and attack members of this forum

If you can't handle someone's opinion maybe it's best you say nothing or take a break from the forum and cool down a little

I don't have a problem with Friendly banter but personal attacks is a different story

Time to grow up

I think there's a lot of users that could benefit from reading this post, understanding it and practising it.

Some may say, me included...
Which is fine, I'm working on it ???

Anyway, NSW won...
The Queenslanders of the forum being gracious in defeat.. @happy_tiger @Cairnstigers

@cairnstigers said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385092) said:

And we stuck solid

and

Are you a child or a man

Time to grow up

Nah, im good. NSW coach's name is Brad Fittler by the way, not fredo frog. No one likes a name caller

![Screenshot_20210610-160342_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1623305049091-screenshot_20210610-160342_instagram.jpg)

I can’t see the toad lickers coming back from this ... I reckon they’ll get pumped again in games 2 & 3

I can.

I think in the forwards it was even. I think the halves were even too. Maybe Harry Grant struggled by himself vs Cookie but he seemed to hold his own.

Vs.
Teddy, Brian To'o, Latrell Mitchell, Tommy Turbo and JAC. (kept wanting to write AOC, damn acronyms).

Seriously no comparison. Capewell is good but not up to that level. Gagai, had turned back the clock last season.... Holmes can be brilliant, but isn't at the level of Teddy or Tommy Turbo.

You start putting AJ Brimstone in at fullback, move Holmes in for Feldt. I can see the side become more competitive. If you bring in say Malonie for hooker with Grant, it could be interesting.

Still see a 3/0 NSW win, but a far tighter game once they upgrade the back line. Maroons coach way too loyal to
Feldt, Gagai well we usually see him go up a level at origin but hey how many years can he keep doing this. Worked in 2020, not 2021.

Brian To'o was just huge on the wing. Expect a very large opposition wing to try and stop him.

NSW also have Papenhuyzen to come back. Dunno where you’d play him in the backline but that backline would have some speed.

![Screenshot_20210610-164450_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1623307521481-screenshot_20210610-164450_instagram.jpg)

Gagai performance explained 😂

Credit: RL_mems

@mike said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385146) said:

I can.

Vs.

NSW also have Papenhuyzen to come back. Dunno where you’d play him in the backline but that backline would have some speed.

Would Pap replace Wighton? I doubt they will change a winning team.

I'm Born in Nsw
I support the Nsw side
I just dont like or support Freddy
I watched last night
To be honest at this point of my life and how the game has changed especially over this year alone, I am not excited about football like I use to be
The goal posts change to often and seem to disadvantage the lesser teams
It's just not the same any more

@cairnstigers said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385168) said:
I'm Born in Nsw
I support the Nsw side
I watched last night
To be honest at this point of my life and how the game has changed especially over this year alone, I am not excited about football like I use to be

Were you supporting NSW during QLDs dominance?

I'm Born in Nsw
I support the Nsw side
I watched last night

:hugging_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

@upthetigers said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385173) said:
I'm Born in Nsw
I support the Nsw side
I watched last night

Were you supporting NSW during QLDs dominance?

Yes I was
And I copped plenty for it
This is the only year I started not giving a stuff
The game is not the same
In saying that I thought last night was a great game
I was fast and free flowing
Not like the regular Nrl season

Just watching the replay and as someone else mentioned loved the roving commission for turbo - but for us oldies it was just like it used to be with an inside and outside centres….. , the number of times the two centres combined to score was ridiculous - ahh reminiscing…..

@dazza65 said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385214) said:
..............ahh reminiscing…..

Nothing wrong with that.
Fancy that, an inside and and outside centre, eh. That was structure.
Let's get a bit more structure back to the future.

@tiger_one said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385218) said:
@dazza65 said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385214) said:
..............ahh reminiscing…..

Nothing wrong with that.
Fancy that, an inside and and outside centre, eh. That was structure.
Let's get a bit more structure back to the future.

Problem is there a few players in the modern game ATM where you can use the 'just give him the ball' game plan required for that Structure not named Tom Trbojevic..

Munster but he's been injured, Tedesco still can, Mitchell but he's lazy, Fifita spasmodic and Joey Manu..that it..they are extremely rare..

@tiger-tragic said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1385230) said:
I'm still waiting for what fat thing those of us who think @gallagher is one who must be obeyed and revered for his superior intellect on all matters rugby league should be sucking on.

Dunno either could just be a proverbial fat thing..or insert your own fat thing..

I would insert sausage as said fat one..

Members online

Back