Struggling in every grade - what's going on?

@ said:
Earl –- Teddy is not leaving us for the money (we offered more than the chooks). According to statements he made to the media it was Cleary's ultimatum. If it wasn't for that he may well have decided to stay. Read where Cleary did not exactly make himself available for discussion at the time. Big Mistake.

He was always gone, just awaiting the finalisation of the details with the chooks. Also think that he had signed prior to the "ultimatum" and was in the cooling off period.

@ said:
Earl –- Teddy is not leaving us for the money (we offered more than the chooks). According to statements he made to the media it was Cleary's ultimatum. If it wasn't for that he may well have decided to stay. Read where Cleary did not exactly make himself available for discussion at the time. Big Mistake.

Players want to play for Cleary and we know Matulino and Packer are joining our club because of their relationship with him at the Warriors. Tedesco had ample time to make a decision and no doubt our club wanted to move on. Good on the club for not pandering to Tedesco and the other two.

@ said:

If you really believe that - you obviously believe in fairies.

Roosters would have brown paper bags well and above the cap declaration.
A number of sources on here have said (one in particular) that he signed before the ultimatum.

Not leaving us for the money - that's a good one "rialto" Lol

@ said:

I feel you are deluding yourself.we probably offered Teddy more of our "cap" but the roosters would have offered more altogether due to tpas and other avenues

My view on this issue is until the Weststigers put down in one spot it will never change ..IMO this new Center of Excellence is fundamentally the key element to the whole equation so it is important that it goes through .My other issue is with 3 home grounds a decision has to be finally made where to play ALL games and my option is the new Stadium at Parramatta as it fits the bill and going to be a state of the art complex and the best footy stadium in the country and the government want another NRL side to play out of it..we have to remember that Parramatta as a club do not own that facility the people of NSW do .
The pandering to different elements of the supporter base has to stop and a decision on this has to be made for the future of the club ..make no mistake in the not to distant future Clubs in Sydney will be culled as money will get tighter. I suppose when a decision is made not everybody will be happy so we as supporters and members will decide whether to continue to support the club or not .

@ said:
My view on this issue is until the Weststigers put down in one spot it will never change ..IMO this new Center of Excellence is fundamentally the key element to the whole equation so it is important that it goes through .My other issue is with 3 home grounds a decision has to be finally made where to play ALL games and my option is the new Stadium at Parramatta as it fits the bill and going to be a state of the art complex and the best footy stadium in the country and the government want another NRL side to play out of it..we have to remember that Parramatta as a club do not own that facility the people of NSW do .
The pandering to different elements of the supporter base has to stop and a decision on this has to be made for the future of the club ..make no mistake in the not to distant future Clubs in Sydney will be culled as money will get tighter. I suppose when a decision is made not everybody will be happy so we as supporters and members will decide whether to continue to support the club or not .

Do you live near Parra stadium.

There are some great responses in this thread. Thanks.

What's most alarming for me (apart from poor NRL performances) is the decline in representation from our club in junior rep sides (Kangaroos, Kiwis etc). This has to be a major red flag for all fans. Members and fans deserve better.

This document may also be of interest.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/content/dam/tigers/documents/Wests%20Tigers%20Strategic%20Plan_FINALv2.pdf

The club administration has failed and/or gone backwards on many of their three year goals.

They've had enough time to be judged. It's time for some of them to step aside. I encourage any members to make their voices heard at the end of the season.

@ said:

What's most alarming for me (apart from poor NRL performances) is the decline in representation from our club in junior rep sides (Kangaroos, Kiwis etc). This has to be a major red flag for all fans. Members and fans deserve better.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/content/dam/tigers/documents/Wests%20Tigers%20Strategic%20Plan_FINALv2.pdf

The club administration has failed and/or gone backwards on many of their three year goals.

They've had enough time to be judged. It's time for some of them to step aside. I encourage any members to make their voices heard at the end of the season.

Thanks for posting that link. I had read those strategic goals before but not for a long time. We have not come close to achieving most of those goals. It's actually depressing to read and compare to our current reality. On a positive, I do think our next three years will deliver much more onfield and off field success. I am impressed with both Cleary and Pascoe (I have no clue about the board) and think we are on the up. I hope so anyway because a repeat of the last 3 years would ruin us I think.

@ said:

Hard to argue with that.

@ said:

Thanks for the link. That makes for some very depressing reading. They haven't come anywhere near most of those goals and it's just not good enough. There really needs to be some changes at the end of the year.

@ said:
@ said:

Thanks for the link. That makes for some very depressing reading. They haven't come anywhere near most of those goals and it's just not good enough. There really needs to be some changes at the end of the year.

6 goals there, i'd say we've made at least 3 of them. 18% increase in membership, crushed that. 12 local juniors (havent counted em up but we have a tonne). and i bet we have a 28% increase in merch since most off field stats have been good the last couple of year. crowd attendance hasn't finished up, but if we improve our crowds about 1-2% on last year we would have met that target too.

not too sure on social media numbers, but we've always had a pretty big presence there

in reality, we basically just failed miserably at reaching one of the targets which is making the top 4 and that's just about all anyone here cares about. if we'd made that and regressed in every other target no one would bat an eyelid

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

6 goals there, i'd say we've made at least 3 of them. 18% increase in membership, crushed that. 12 local juniors (havent counted em up but we have a tonne). and i bet we have a 28% increase in merch since most off field stats have been good the last couple of year. crowd attendance hasn't finished up, but if we improve our crowds about 1-2% on last year we would have met that target too.

not too sure on social media numbers, but we've always had a pretty big presence there

in reality, we basically just failed miserably at reaching one of the targets which is making the top 4 and that's just about all anyone here cares about. if we'd made that and regressed in every other target no one would bat an eyelid

Exactly, so we've failed miserably. I couldn't care less about our social media presence or how many jerseys we sell, the fact is that we are still rooted to the bottom of the ladder and nowhere near the top 8, let alone the top 4\. The board, in my opinion, have failed miserably.

So currently last in the NRl, Last in the NSW cup and second last in the Holden cup which had 84 pts put on them today. This has to be the worst year I have ever seen in my 58 years

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Exactly, so we've failed miserably. I couldn't care less about our social media presence or how many jerseys we sell, the fact is that we are still rooted to the bottom of the ladder and nowhere near the top 8, let alone the top 4\. The board, in my opinion, have failed miserably.

I don't understand how the board are to blame for on field performances. That is on the players and the coaching staff. The board though should sack them when they don't perform and they have.I'm okay with that.

It's been an awfully long time since I've seen one of our sides get 84 points put on them. That's disgraceful even at schoolboy level.

The coaching staff should hang their heads.

@ said:

The board and Jt have failed dismally with their goals.Jt has gone and its time for management to accept their part in the clubs failure as well.
I wont be holding my breath for it to happen

@ said:
@ said:

The board and Jt have failed dismally with their goals.Jt has gone and its time for management to accept their part in the clubs failure as well.
I wont be holding my breath for it to happen

My read is that seeing this was the third year of JT's contract and after some awful defeats in the first month of a new season the board took the most reasonable action - sack the coach. As a board, I'm sure that they were hoping that the season could be saved by bringing in a proven coach.

In reality, this board hasn't been in place for a year yet after Wests Ashfield taking full control.

@ said:
So currently last in the NRl, Last in the NSW cup and second last in the Holden cup which had 84 pts put on them today. This has to be the worst year I have ever seen in my 58 years

Shocking to mention but these results would have to be close to worse ever for any team?

Mayer and JT have both paid the price with their jobs, not to mention Phil Moss, O'Neill etc.
As per above, the board has changed this year as well

Latest posts

Members online

Back