Taane Milne

fergiefurr

So he hasnt been named in any sides for 2 weeks now. The clubs latest injury list updated today doesn't have him on it. Anyone know whats doing?

sure he started last weeks game, then went off injured. or maybe i was drinking at the time.

@ said:
sure he started last weeks game, then went off injured. or maybe i was drinking at the time.

Drinking…

No idea what has happened but it does appear odd...

Was hoping to see him named this week, a little concerning he isn't…

I wonder if he is in talks to be released to another club. Can’t see him getting an opportunity in first grade anytime soon.

He certainly hasn't turned out to be the player I expected, especially after his displays in the World Cup. I really thought that Milne & Masters would be the centres lining up at the start of the season. Still early days I guess, but disappointed he isn't performing up to speed. Thompson, on the other hand…..far exceeding my expectations! :smiley: There is a lesson in this, I'm sure - something about not judging a book by it's cover or some such thing.

Watched him in State Cup and he was just going through the motions. Didnt look interested, maybe happy to sit in reserves on a good contract.

Off the bus!

But where is he? Not listed in either team nor listed as injured. Just my opinion but it’s not looking positive for Taane. Was hoping he’d fire because I reckon our centre stocks are pretty thin in comparison to other positions.

Can only remember the club going quiet on a player like this twice previously. First with Taniela Paeska and then with Moses Suli.

@ said:
Can only remember the club going quiet on a player like this twice previously. First with Taniela Paeska and then with Moses Suli.

That's what worries me. His body language out on the field in round 1/2 didn't look that great to me, like he was just turning up for a pay packet.

Has a lot of talent, but like Noffa, is probably guilty of not putting the effort in guys like MWZ and Thompson have put in. I watched an ISP game a couple of weeks ago and i think he touched the ball once.

@ said:
@ said:

That's what worries me. His body language out on the field in round 1/2 didn't look that great to me, like he was just turning up for a pay packet.

Oh well

IC is a good man

If he's not happy here i doubt he will find it in himself to apply himself better elsewhere

This is his opportunity to get somewhere

Haven't seen or heard anything of paseka or suli since they left so obviously not missing them

@ said:
Not every player will be on the bus. Hope Tanne can turn his fortunes around

I think we are bound to lose 1 or 2 at the end of this year. Especially if the first grade side remains settled. Guys like Milne and Fonua might try and look for opportunities elsewhere.

@ said:
@ said:
Not every player will be on the bus. Hope Tanne can turn his fortunes around

I think we are bound to lose 1 or 2 at the end of this year. Especially if the first grade side remains settled. Guys like Milne and Fonua might try and look for opportunities elsewhere.

I think Fonua will get his chance, you can see he's making genuine effort out on the field, and his performances overall have been strong, even allowing for the occasional mistake, the effort is there.

With the number of fringe players we signed there were possibly one or two who thought they'd be walk up starts given our recent seasons. Not suggesting this happened here, because I don't know, but it wouldn't be that surprising for us to lose a couple.

I must admit the silence is deafening in regards to Taane Milne.Whatever the problem is i hope he can sort it out because he is young and would be a help to the club and himself with the right attitude

@ said:
With the number of fringe players we signed there were possibly one or two who thought they'd be walk up starts given our recent seasons. Not suggesting this happened here, because I don't know, but it wouldn't be that surprising for us to lose a couple.

Yeah he has disappeared since rd1….

Surplus with one foot off the bus, Milne and McQueen

Latest posts

Members online

Back