Taane Milne

@ said:
@ said:
With the number of fringe players we signed there were possibly one or two who thought they'd be walk up starts given our recent seasons. Not suggesting this happened here, because I don't know, but it wouldn't be that surprising for us to lose a couple.

Yeah he has disappeared since rd1….

Surplus with one foot off the bus, Milne and McQueen

Tough call on McQueen.

Given his time out from the game and the nature of his injury, it was always expected he would be brought back slowly. He has put in each game.

McQueen was solid and putting on the weekend. Way too harsh to rule him out yet.

@ said:
McQueen was solid and putting on the weekend. Way too harsh to rule him out yet.

I just can’t see him in front of Lawrence , Rochow, Aloiai, MCK, Taylor, Huth..

From what I see in ISP McQueen is having a go and improving each week. Milne is just not got it …. his mind is not on the job. Not the player we need.

@ said:
@ said:

There will always be injuries to cover and he can play centre also. I really hope we haven't seen the last of McQueen in the NRL, always rated him as a player and was looking forward to seeing what he could bring here. Hopefully he will fully recover from that terrible injury and get back into the game soon.

@ said:
@ said:

At the moment and on current form i cant see it either BUT he is an Origin quality player when he is right.

@ said:
From what I see in ISP McQueen is having a go and improving each week. Milne is just not got it …. his mind is not on the job. Not the player we need.

Thats what I see.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Can only remember the club going quiet on a player like this twice previously. First with Taniela Paeska and then with Moses Suli.

That's what worries me. His body language out on the field in round 1/2 didn't look that great to me, like he was just turning up for a pay packet.

Oh well

IC is a good man

If he's not happy here i doubt he will find it in himself to apply himself better elsewhere

This is his opportunity to get somewhere

Haven't seen or heard anything of paseka or suli since they left so obviously not missing them

I wondered about Paseka too. I see he’s in the extended squad for Manly firsts this week so he’s doing okay but a bit down the pecking order given their injuries. Very young still.

Suli getting a run for Blacktown this weekend and has shown very good attitude to training so far, according to Barrett. We’ll see if it lasts.

Hope they peserve with him as his classy. Might be the type of guy how goes better on a bigger stage a bit like Halatau in the beginning. Might need to be carefully managed.

I look at it this way

If he struggled under Mary McGregor and is now struggling under Ivan Cleary it says more about Taane Milne than it does either coach

Just my opinion

Hard work wins out over skill every time in the end

I was impressed with Macqueen on Saturday. He offers something a little different from our current back row options. He plays a bit wider and looks a to have a bit more lateral movement. Might be handy when teams give up trying to crack our centre and start to try and go around us.

Apparently enjoys the party life and is a lazy trainer, same issues across 3 different clubs now so not real suprising

@ said:
Apparently enjoys the party life and is a lazy trainer, same issues across 3 different clubs now so not real suprising

I have heard the same thing.

Shame as we saw in the World Cup he has talent but unfortunately not the desire or work ethic the new WT culture desires.

Hopefully he can come to his sense and not join the list of wasted talented players.

@ said:
I was impressed with Macqueen on Saturday. He offers something a little different from our current back row options. He plays a bit wider and looks a to have a bit more lateral movement. Might be handy when teams give up trying to crack our centre and start to try and go around us.

McQueen played 70 min on Monday has a good motor and is coming back from nearly 8 months off seems to be getting back to form … Milne forget it he is not on the bus , wants it easy thought he was signing up to the pre Cleary Tigers must of been
a shock for him .. there will be openings at a few clubs soon and June 30 still a way of.

Given that Suli has left the Tigers our centre depth will start to look very slim if Milne is kicked off the bus.

McQueen needs to be given some time, bloke is coming back from a pretty serious injury. Even if it takes half a season for him to get back to prime form I am OK with that. Can't expect a guy to waltz back in after a broken neck and play at 110%.

Of course we will lose some of our depth players during or at the end of the year. Players won't want to stay backups forever, which is fair enough. If they don't get enough opportunities via injury, form or suspensions then sure a number of our NRL contracted guys in ISP will look for opportunities elsewhere.

Maybe Milne is injured too. Who knows? It's not like we get a lot of information on ISP players.

surely some one has inside info, on this, come on guys give us some info.

@ said:
@ said:

Shame as we saw in the World Cup he has talent but unfortunately not the desire or work ethic the new WT culture desires.

Hopefully he can come to his sense and not join the list of wasted talented players.

Have heard the same thing too…lazy and bad attitude

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Have heard the same thing too…lazy and bad attitude

surely the WT recruitment team have done their research before signing him up - I can't believe he is lazy and has a bad attitude - most of these issues if there's any would've been dealt with in the off season just like Suli - I saw the piece where they talked about Suli for a little bit in their video "This Day Forward" - they can't let this go on I'm sure - KPIs!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back