Taane Milne

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Wrong….we have offered and given the world to a lot of players.....where did that get us....Moses,Tedesco,Woods and Suli come to mind....Gutherson is a good player but he is only worth what Ivan offers him ,if anything at all...your turn... :slight_smile:

I don't see the fuss with Gutherson TBH.

He had an extremely good year for Parra last year. Great goal kicker, fast and plays really direct.

Exactly and whats more the guy is a winner. Its in everything he does.

Not sure what some people actually watch.

Yeah a winner coming back from a second ACL injury.

@ said:
Off Contract 2019
CENTRE

Mitchell Aubusson, Waqa Blake, Gavin Cooper, Sosaia Feki, Mahe Fonua, Aaron Gray, Konrad Hurrell, Michael Jennings, Solomone Kata, Richard Kennar, Chris Lawrence, Nene Macdonald, Brad Parker, Tyrone Taukamo, Enari Tuala, Dylan Walker, Matthew Wright

Its hardly a great field. Im not sure that any of them get a bus pass. The best players in that list dont seem like Cleary players.

Maybe Solomone Kata?

Either we look at moving Lolohea or as someone else said have a good look at England.

Richard Kennar and Nene MacDonald are both playing really well at the moment

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
If he isn't good enough to start then he is really good depth.

Arent Tiger Steve and formerguest simply saying the same thing? He is a depth player who is starting because we have lost three potential starting centres?

Yeah I’m not bagging him and I’m slowly being converted. I was a Kev bagger, still think he is more depth than star, but am happy to admit he has looked solid this year ….. most of the time

That's a good wrap for Kev - Bradbury was a winner.

I find it a shame that Bradbury's name is used in the manner it is.
Whilst I get the point made, his back story is absolutely incredible. One of resilience, determination, dedication and absolute guts. If we had more of the likes of him, we'd be unstoppable.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Arent Tiger Steve and formerguest simply saying the same thing? He is a depth player who is starting because we have lost three potential starting centres?

Yeah I’m not bagging him and I’m slowly being converted. I was a Kev bagger, still think he is more depth than star, but am happy to admit he has looked solid this year ….. most of the time

Whilst I get the point made, his back story is absolutely incredible. One of resilience, determination, dedication and absolute guts. If we had more of the likes of him, we'd be unstoppable.

I agree - not sure what people expected him to do - probably say " Oh! the people in front have fallen over - if i continue I will win - better not do that, I should fall over in sympathy with them."

As the saying goes "You can only play what is in front of you" - Bradbury did, that is why he won.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

I agree - not sure what people expected him to do - probably say " Oh! the people in front have fallen over - if i continue I will win - better not do that, I should fall over in sympathy with them."

As the saying goes "You can only play what is in front of you" - Bradbury did, that is why he won.

Give them a break I say. With Brooks and Tui playing well, it's made it increasingly harder to find a punching bag.

@ said:
Gutherson would fit right into the team first ethos, so meets the main requirement and has a great all round game to boot.

Disappointed that Taane has not kicked on with WT, but he wouldn't be the only one in our squad that has been sampling party accessories that are used by the majority of youth.

Agree with Guthbertson.
Real dissapointed with Milne thought he had class.
Maybe they should have kept him. At the end of the day clubs do keep many after fines and don't really care what he does off field.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

The analogy is simple:
Everyone fell over and Bradbury won
Everyone got sacked and Kev won
That’s what happened, great back story or not

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

True, but it was a miracle he was even there. His injuries sustained in the years previous were major and to compete with the best when you know you're past your prime as he did, well, his story is pretty on impressive. At one point, he almost died on the ice during a race after being sliced open by a competitors skate. He is the definition of a winner. Then there's these clowns like Milne, Suli, Simona and a host of others that are not.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

We have a few of them in the squad nowadays.

I was excited when we signed Taane.
All reports say his nsw cup performances lacked energy and involvement.

Now this?
Absolute disappointment.
Shame.

Back