Tahu out of Origin.... Monaghan in

Jazza

imana Tahu out, Joel Monaghan in for State of Origin II
>
* Andrew Webster and James Phelps
* June 12, 2010 12:00AM
>
NSW winger Timana Tahu was sensationally ruled out of State of Origin II for "messy" personal reasons last night, with Canberra star Joel Monaghan rushed into camp in another crippling blow for the Blues.
>
The Daily Telegraph can reveal that the Eels centre withdrew for unknown personal reasons at midday yesterday, with Monaghan brought in as his replacement for Wednesday night's must-win match at Suncorp Stadium.
>
"I just got off the plane," Monaghan said last night. "I don't know too much about what has happened yet."
>
The Daily Telegraph witnessed Tahu meet with NSW coach Craig Bellamy yesterday to discuss his personal predicament and he was allowed to leave the camp immediately.
>
In a distinct sign of pre-match nerves, NSW officials did their best to hide Tahu's departure from the media until the Telegraph learned of it late last night.
>
So much did the NSW team want to keep the withdrawal under wraps, media manager David Taylor was instructed not to answer phone calls.
>
In fact, NSW officials went to the extraordinary lengths of rushing Monaghan in through a side entrance at the team's base at Salt Beach in Kingscliff late last night.
>
Asked about Tahu's withdrawal, team manager Craig Young said: "Don't know."
>
Asked if Monaghan was being rushed in, he said: "Can't say."
>
While it remains unknown why Tahu left so mysteriously, various NSW insiders described his situation as "messy" and "unfortunate".
>
Monaghan was expected to front a team meeting at the team's base at 9am today.
>
He was due to play for the Raiders in their clash against North Queensland in Townsville tonight.
>
Tahu's sudden departure is yet another blow for the Blues, who were forced to name a 21-man squad at the start of the week because of judiciary concerns over fullback Jarryd Hayne and utility Luke Lewis.
>
Veteran five-eighth Trent Barrett will also train for just the second time today after he stayed in Sydney for three days as his wife, Kylie, gave birth to their fourth child.

I honestly forgot Monaghan was playing at the moment. What is wrong with Jennings or Lawrence?

In saying that I probably wouldve preferred Monaghan over Tahu anyway.

Tahu is a strange one… Good player... but strange.

They did they even name "the mong" in the 21 man squad?

What is wrong with these Selectors!!!!

While I'm laughing on the inside about Monagan being selected, what is wrong with Michael Jennings, Beau Champion and Chris Lawrence?

Jennings and Hayne were the only 2 players in last years series that always looked liked they were gona break the line and causing Qld any problems???

LMAO!!!

Good for Lawrence, imagine playing your debut outside Beau Scott, he would touch the ball twice all game.

Andrew Webster has been on the dead set legends on Triple M in sydney saying Tahu may have pulled out due to a blow up with another person in camp.

interesting to see if this is true.

I'm surprised they didn't ring me up. I'm a mug footballer too.

Monas talk about being a joke… all they do is pick the same failed players time and time again

Blow up with Andrew Johns.
Gees - this team is starting to sound like an episode of "Neighbours", so much drama, so little quality.

@BeeJay said:
Andrew Webster has been on the dead set legends on Triple M in sydney saying Tahu may have pulled out due to a blow up with another person in camp.

interesting to see if this is true.

<big>Joey row: Tahu walks out on Origin</big>

PARRAMATTA winger Timana Tahu walked out on the NSW Origin side after a personal fallout with assistant coach and former Knights teammate Andrew Johns.

Despite the seriousness of the matter, a "shattered" Johns has not been dismissed from the camp.

It is understood that a remark that Johns said earlier in the week in Tahu's presence had offened him. He asked coach Craig Bellamy if he could leave the camp and left yesterday afternoon.

"Earlier in the camp I made some comments which Timana Tahu deemed inappropriate and offensive," Johns said.

"My comments weren't directed towards Timana, they were about myself and Timana's deemed them to be offensive and inappropriate.

"I'm really upset and shattered. We go way back. I've known him since he was a kid. Unfortunately, we had a day off yesterday and I didn't get a chance to see 'T' before he left. I've been trying to call him.

"It's a private matter between myself and him and we'll talk in the next couple of days."

Tahu has been replaced by Canberra star Joel Monaghan was rushed into the side last night. He was cleared of a thumb injury before joining the camp yesterday.

"It's something you would rather not deal with but you have to respect Timana's privact privary and his views, which we do," team manager Craig Young said. "In relation to Joey, he's very shattered. He's obviously very passionate about NSW. He'll get back on the bike today and he'll get on with it."

@jirskyr said:
I'm surprised they didn't ring me up. I'm a mug footballer too.

i know how u feel mate, frustrating isnt it? im a complete nuffy, wheres my call up to the team?
oh well look at it this way, rep footy for players eligible for nsw never seemed so attainable. you dont even have to be good anymore :deadhorse:

@Tiger Watto said:
What is wrong with these Selectors!!!!

While I'm laughing on the inside about Monagan being selected, what is wrong with Michael Jennings, Beau Champion and Chris Lawrence?

Jennings and Hayne were the only 2 players in last years series that always looked liked they were gona break the line and causing Qld any problems???

LMAO!!!

you must be laughing Tiger Watto - how sad are the nsw selectors. where did they get monaghan from - just repeating the same old mistakes and same old selections. go queensland. p.s. your old avatar had more integrity.

@innsaneink said:
He seemed to spit the dummy on TFS too on Thur, with ? Alan ? Robinson the d*** jockey doing a piece on the blues in camp

Yeah I noticed that as well. That was a strange reactiuon.

This better not have anything to do with religion.

Tahu should have his papers marked," never to represent again", let his mates down big time
Johns should have his papers marked "Serial Dickhead". league can do without him

Johns was talking about Inglis and said that the team had to stop the "black c***".

Apparently Tahu can't even look Johns in the eyes anymore.

Though it is not something that should be said and in no way am I condoning it, all I can say to Tahu is:

HARDEN UP PRINCESS.

No wonder NSW have lost the last 4 series, we can't even handle bad words/phrases anymore.

All I know is that you shouldn't say that.

Andrew Johns was a great footy player and doesn't seem like a bad guy however I am not sure if his ability to take a professional approach is at the level required to be a coach at this point or even to be around a footy team.

Members online

Back